Castro has died

kipper

4 hours ago, kipper said:

this does not need to get political IPman.  if Castro was trying to help his people he didnt do a very good follow up with that. when people risk death to swim to freedom then something is very wrong.

I was simply responding, it was not I which brought politics into this. I do respect your opinion though and agree, Castro was a dictator, I was just stating that most dictators become dictators due to circumstance, as in survival. It is not justified but that was not my point. You don't address the symptom and cry when the disease kills the host, you address the cause and stop the disease before it gets a foot hold.

6 hours ago, kipper said:

I dont disagree with a thread for noteworthy deaths but RIP is the wrong term to use for people who dont deserve to rest in peace Steve. And what about noteworthy deaths that should have their own threads?  When David Bowie died i really didn't agree that it should just be in the RIP thread along with serial killers and terrorists.  When another member of zep passes (I hope not for a long time), but it will get its own thread too.  some things are always going to be more noteworthy than other things and members here should be able to decide for themselves what that is and if Sam disagrees he will lock the thread or delete it or move it into another thread. If you make a obituary thread instead of Rip I will use that one steve. Thanks.

The RIP Thread is essentially an obituary thread, I didn't call it The Obituary Thread because half of the people here would next a dictionary to know the meaning of the word, the other half would think it means only obituaries can be posted to it. 

David Bowie does belong in the RIP thread along with serial killers and terrorists. The RIP Thread is the guest lounge at the portal to eternity, and we do not discriminate against anyone.

In what has become a world famous RIP Thread we Love (or Acknowledge) All, Serve All. 

2 hours ago, IpMan said:

I was simply responding, it was not I which brought politics into this. I do respect your opinion though and agree, Castro was a dictator, I was just stating that most dictators become dictators due to circumstance, as in survival. It is not justified but that was not my point. You don't address the symptom and cry when the disease kills the host, you address the cause and stop the disease before it gets a foot hold.

...and if you're IpMan, a self-proclaimed Citizen of the World, negative outcomes are always the fault of the United States. Yet, ironically, if you're IpMan, the solution to every problem is more Big Government. 

B)

11 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

The RIP Thread is essentially an obituary thread, I didn't call it The Obituary Thread because half of the people here would next a dictionary to know the meaning of the word, the other half would think it means only obituaries can be posted to it. 

David Bowie does belong in the RIP thread along with serial killers and terrorists. The RIP Thread is the guest lounge at the portal to eternity, and we do not discriminate against anyone.

In what has become a world famous RIP Thread we Love (or Acknowledge) All, Serve All. 

Up to the mods what subjects get modified, combined or deleted.. As far as David Bowie goes, I would assume there's already a thread or two about his music and career that if the search engine was used, could have been resurrected and a new Rest In Peace thread would not have been needed..or use the 43 page deep Rest In Peace thread. But, again that is up to the moderators.. 

52 minutes ago, the chase said:

Up to the mods what subjects get modified, combined or deleted.. As far as David Bowie goes, I would assume there's already a thread or two about his music and career that if the search engine was used, could have been resurrected and a new Rest In Peace thread would not have been needed..or use the 43 page deep Rest In Peace thread. But, again that is up to the moderators.. 

I'm not attempting to provide moderation, merely providing UNCOMMON SENSE (formerly known as common sense).

11 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Sounds like you're one of those people.

20 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

I'm not attempting to provide moderation, merely providing UNCOMMON SENSE (formerly known as common sense).

The vast majority here use your infamous Rest In Peace thread. I wouldn't get too worked up when one or two slip through the cracks..

10 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

^^^

This ridiculous housefly again. What a vacuous existence this insect must lead, feasting upon my occasional typos as he does.   

Apparently irony isn't one of your strong suits, among many, many other things. Making a typo in the very sentence you're deriding others for their grasp of English is just too good.

12801632_1129614847082692_84697319237931

4 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

Perhaps.  However, I'm certain that when they do so, both the speaker and his audience are Black.  It is never a good idea for persons who don't belong to an ethnic or religious group to use slurs assigned to said group.  It's kind of like the old, "I can dis my family as much as I like, but no one outside my family can do so; at least not in my presence." argument.

Let me rephrase that: Shit, blood.......that Cuban muthafucka be dead!

5 hours ago, Sathington Willoughby said:

Apparently irony isn't one of your strong suits, among many, many other things. Making a typo in the very sentence you're deriding others for their grasp of English is just too good.

You have no strong suits, and MY typo has nothing to do with OTHERS having a limited vocabulary.

20 hours ago, Sathington Willoughby said:

12801632_1129614847082692_84697319237931

:hysterical: 

You're the best, Sath!

Castor's record on his treatment of gay people resembles our newly elected vice prez and also Rubio who within a year ago wanted to uphold laws to discriminate freely and deny basic rights to gays.  So don't think the people who were against Castro didn't necessarily disagree with his treatment of others....  Hypocrisy at its finest.

18 hours ago, Walter said:

Castor's record on his treatment of gay people resembles our newly elected vice prez and also Rubio who within a year ago wanted to uphold laws to discriminate freely and deny basic rights to gays.  So don't think the people who were against Castro didn't necessarily disagree with his treatment of others....  Hypocrisy at its finest.

Do you actually know any gay people who lived in Cuba under Castro? Unless gay people in Indiana were beaten jailed and humiliated openly in the streets by the army and some machismo idiot thug you have not done your homework. the only point where LGBTQ people in cuba began to earn some tolerance was when Castro decided it was good for tourism and only then and just in Havana and a few other cities. I dont see gay cubans protesting Rubio and Pence I wonder why. I do see them celebrating the death of a thug however.

sorry to the forum, but I just hate being called a hypocrite because I am able to see a big difference between a Evangelical who I may not agree with and a dictator murderer.

34 minutes ago, kipper said:

Do you actually know any gay people who lived in Cuba under Castro? Unless gay people in Indiana were beaten jailed and humiliated openly in the streets by the army and some machismo idiot thug you have not done your homework. the only point where LGBTQ people in cuba began to earn some tolerance was when Castro decided it was good for tourism and only then and just in Havana and a few other cities. I dont see gay cubans protesting Rubio and Pence I wonder why. I do see them celebrating the death of a thug however.

sorry to the forum, but I just hate being called a hypocrite because I am able to see a big difference between a Evangelical who I may not agree with and a dictator murderer.

Well, Castro is dead.............to be blunt, I do not care one single fuck (Far right leftism is just as poisonous as far right rightism imo..........I even told our local communist, who was a real pain in the pisser to move to Moscow and fuck Stalin´s corpse instead of complaining and insulting people who did not share his vision all the way).

As to the discrimination of homosexuals etc.........if you truly want to make a difference in that, begin with yourself right where you are.

19 hours ago, Walter said:

Yeah, well the tyrant in a pantsuit YOU voted for accepted campaign contributions from Middle Eastern governments who hold the same views on this issue. Personally, I couldn't care less.   

43 minutes ago, kipper said:

I cannot say for sure but I think Castro's anti-gay stance was less policy and more cultural related. You go to any Latin American country and they are all pretty much anti-gay or anything which the church does not endorse. However, Castro being a dictator in complete control likely allowed him the freedom (no pun intended) to take cultural extremism to the limit.

4 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Yeah, well the tyrant in a pantsuit YOU voted for accepted campaign contributions from Middle Eastern governments who hold the same views on this issue. Personally, I couldn't care less.   

Yes, that is an excellent example of hypocracy at its most perverse and most politicians do it, hence one of the main problems with our system. The Truman Doctrine pretty much made this type of thing SOP...another failing of that idiot Truman.

1 hour ago, reswati said:

Well, Castro is dead.............to be blunt, I do not care one single fuck (Far right leftism is just as poisonous as far right rightism imo..........I even told our local communist, who was a real pain in the pisser to move to Moscow and fuck Stalin´s corpse instead of complaining and insulting people who did not share his vision all the way).

As to the discrimination of homosexuals etc.........if you truly want to make a difference in that, begin with yourself right where you are.

Thank you Rewati for adding some balance. You are right, it doesnt take a village, it just takes each person doing the right thing.

Well if you think a guy running the "leader of the free world" country (and make no mistake about it, Pence is the "CEO" of the U.S.) supports discriminating against the LGBTQ community from receiving basic rights and services, and believes electroshock therapy and counseling  will "cure" people of being gay, then more power to you.  You've gotten what you've wanted.  Me, it doesn't affect me or my family personally, but I don't look out just for what's best for me.  I care about everyone living in this country and their right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.  

4 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Tyrant?  Hyperbole much?  As far as the Middle East campaign donations for Clinton go, even if that is true it still doesn't even remotely equate to passing legislation leagalizing discrimination and promoting what amounts to torture tactics to attempt to change people who are gay to straight.  

I know, SAJ, with you its dog eat dog.  

Archived