Earl's Court dvd at Besy Buy

clashradio

1 hour ago, clashradio said:

Years ago I saw a standalone Earl's Court dvd at either Best Buy or Circuit City. Can't remember which date it was but it had more material than the 2003 2-dvd set. Anyone have any info on this dvd? Boot? Quality? name of the dvd?

Sounds like some opportunistic store manager was looking to make some extra scratch. EC has never been officially released outside of what is on the 2003 DVD so there would be no way to know the details you are looking for. Likely one of the many boots out there. The one I have and really like is In the Court of King James DVD...great quality and a great show and since this is a very popular one which has been around for years, this is also the likely culprit of what you saw. The packaging for many of these boots is release quality so unless you know all the official releases (with Zep that is pretty easy) a good quality boot looks like the real deal and the really good ones sound just as good as official releases.

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 6:41 PM, clashradio said:

Years ago I saw a standalone Earl's Court dvd at either Best Buy or Circuit City. Can't remember which date it was but it had more material than the 2003 2-dvd set. Anyone have any info on this dvd? Boot? Quality? name of the dvd?

It was at Best Buy.  I saw a dvd of Led Zeppelin at Earl's Court here in Dallas years ago and for some stupid reason I did not buy it at the time I first saw it.  Then, I went back a week later and it was gone.  If my memory serves me correct, it was priced at $24.99 but as I recall, the dvd and the back cover showed that it did not have more material than the 2003 set.  I could be wrong about that, but I do remember seeing this at Best Buy and when I went back to buy it I thought it would/might still be there.  I was wrong but since then, I have two full and complete versions of Led Zeppelin at Earl's Court (24/25) that I have purchased from people I have never met on the internet. 

Ya same thing happened to me....it was gone. $25 sounds about right. It definitely had more tunes than the 2003 set. Maybe not a full show though? Ya I know I could get a dvd-r of the show(s). It just seems more legit when you buy it at a Big Box store lol. We have a lot of record shows here in Michigan. So that's a good way for me to get a bunch of videos (and records).

I bought this same DVD at Border's Bookshop for around $20 about 10 years ago. It only had 8 songs from the May 24, 1975 EC show. I thought it might be from the cleaned-up tapes from the 2003 DVD project. But no, not even close. Even worse, it wasn't even as good quality as the upgraded EC bootleg dvds that had been released since 2003. It was like someone took a 10th-generation VHS tape and transferred it to DVD. Dark and muddy. A real piece of crap.

I took it back to Borders and got my money back. Subsequently I kept seeing the DVD at Best Buy and Barnes & Noble and Borders as if it was a legitimate release. If I had a pen on me, I always wrote "Don't Buy! Crappy bootleg" on the outside label.

I mentioned it here on the forum and last I heard Nine Lives or Knebby was going to mention it to Robert Plant's people. A short time later I noticed they started disappearing from the shelves. Haven't seen one since.

This is what it looked like and the what songs were on it.

https://www.discogs.com/Led-Zeppelin-Live-At-Earls-Court-1975/release/3249563

Yes, that's it. Thanks Strider (aka Aragorn). I'm glad I didn't buy it (if you say the video quality is crap). Ya seeing how it was at Best Buy/Borders/Barnes & Noble you'd think it's an official silver pressed dvd. Well, I guess it could be a silver boot..

Archived