2017 Major League Baseball thread....

paul carruthers

Well, I was going to wait for someone else to start this thread, but this is the breaking news story right now. Sale headed to Boston, a deal that could put the Sawx over the top--as far as favorites to get to the World Series...

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/210426152/white-sox-trade-chris-sale-to-red-sox/

Did someone complain in the other thread about Worthless Bud Selig getting into the HOF?  Because that's pathetic.k

Meanwhile, I'm about to renew my season tickets.  Yay!!

A little early to be following baseball.  However, Boston looking very strong now that they have Sale, three legit Aces on their staff.  Blue Jays trying to change course from a big bopper, swing and miss long ball team, to a contact team with high on base % and a little more speed.

The Saint Louis Cardinals signed (former) Chicago Cub, Dexter Fowler to a 5 year, $82.5 million dollar contract (with a No-Trade clause).

I trust and believe in the Saint Louis Cardinals as a Team and a World Class Organization so this must be a good thing for the Cardinals. 

On 12/6/2016 at 4:28 PM, paul carruthers said:

Well, I was going to wait for someone else to start this thread, but this is the breaking news story right now. Sale headed to Boston, a deal that could put the Sawx over the top--as far as favorites to get to the World Series...

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/210426152/white-sox-trade-chris-sale-to-red-sox/

Lets let the rest of free agency play out before we hand the Red Sox the AL simply for picking up one arm.  Yes he is a big arm but he could have an off year or get hurt.  Way to early to make predictions.  I like what the Orioles GM did with Bautista the son of a bitch.  Said the Orioles fans do not want him and he is dead right!!!!!!  Way to go!!!!  I cant stand the bastard.  I cant believe

On 12/7/2016 at 0:59 PM, zepscoda said:

I was hopefull that JD would make a move for Sale down here in Texas. But no. ?

I am interested to see where Bautista and Encarcion land?  The Toronto free agents next landing spot is of interest to me.  Our GM said we do not want any part of Bautista and I second that!!!!!  I cant stand the bastard.  I am not ready to hand Boston the title.  lets see what is done in the rest of free agency.  I am  very mad about one thing.  It appears Matt Wieters is gone.  The Orioles are talking about signing the Arizona catcher Castillo.  I cant believe that they cant work something out with Wieters and that they are not willing to put up the money to do it.  Why would they give Davis so much damn money and then let Matt Wieters walk?  When we need a base hit Wieters is far more reliable.We had best get ourselves a left handed starter of quality.  I mean real quality.  Or I may not even watch or give a damn

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-free-agent-tracker-2016-17-latest-hot-stove-signings-best-players-available/

The list above if free agents that have either been moved or are available right now.  My boy Matt Wieters and Mark Trumbo are on the list and there is still hope they could win up in Baltimore.  More likely  for Trumbo than Wieters unfortunately for me as I have Wieters jersey.  That sucks.  A real major league jersey and I am going to eat it if he leaves.  I want him to stay.  He is a great catcher.  But they have this kid Sisco that is supposed to be a great prospect.  I am hoping for a great pitcher to be signed.   I would take Fister as he is available?  I have no clue what Duquette is up to.  I will go digest the firing of Rex Ryan for now. Many moves are on the horizon in baseball.  My team had best do something to keep this team good and get us to the next level.  Toronto has taken some hits.  Encarcion is in Cleveland and Bautista is a lost puppy looking for a home.  I think that many do not want him because he is a trouble maker

20 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

I'm guessing heading into the New Year, people will still be clamoring for a Cubs/Red Sox World Series...

I hope no one I know clamors for that...

14 hours ago, ebk said:

I hope no one I know clamors for that...

It sure looks like our boy Matt Wieters is going to leave.  That sucks. And one sportswriter is already burying us and saying we should trade Machado and Britton.  Unreal.  This GM of ours needs to do something and soon

My ONLY Orioles jersey, the road gray that I like the best, is of number 32 Matt Wieters.  I had assumed they would have kept him at all costs.  Too important a guy to let escape.  I was wrong.   The bastards are going to fucking bail on us.  I know they have this kid in the minors.  But what else is this GM doing?  His typical last minute try and get a steal routine.

• 3 weeks later...

So far I give Duquette, our GM, a B for his off season moves.  He has signed Mark Trumbo and that is huge.   he has re signed many of the guys we need.   But he still has big work to do.  Like sign Tillman, which I see no problem with.  But he needs to get us help on the starter end of the roster and I sure wish he would releases Jiminez.  

The war of words is in full swing as Davis ripped Bautista again yesterday at a fan get together.  Bautista and the O's are not friends.  If the O's pitchers should hit him with a pitch its going to be taken as deliberate and a full blown bench clearing brawl can be expected.  

I am hoping Duquette will listen to Adam Jones who has told him that we need help in the outfield.  Trumbo is the likely DH.

Somebody do find the King please!!!!  LOL.  His Cardinals have been caught with their hand in the cookie jar.  Hacking the Astros and now must surrender their first two draft picks and a million dollars!!!!!

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/18586344/mlb-orders-st-louis-cardinals-forfeit-top-2-2017-draft-picks-pay-2-million-houston-astros

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2016 at 9:09 PM, paul carruthers said:

I'm guessing heading into the New Year, people will still be clamoring for a Cubs/Red Sox World Series...

Paul, please let me know your opinion of this Ynoa that the Orioles just picked up from your Mets?  Right handed pitcher.  Not sure if he is intended for Norfolk?

20 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Paul, please let me know your opinion of this Ynoa that the Orioles just picked up from your Mets?  Right handed pitcher.  Not sure if he is intended for Norfolk?

Truthfully Rick, I don't know much about him--apart from the fact that he did most of his pitching in the minors. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2017 at 7:36 PM, paul carruthers said:

Truthfully Rick, I don't know much about him--apart from the fact that he did most of his pitching in the minors. 

It appears the Orioles have tapped into the Mets organization once again and have picked up another one of your pitchers?  His numbers are questionable, but they certainly must get help.  Anything to get rid of that bum Jiminez.  I sure hope he is a goner.

Archived