BIG John Bonham Fan & Studier/Drummer

Jeff Indyke

Hello All,

I have done countless studies based on John Bonham's drum work and always been a huge fan.

Some of the work was in Classic Drummer Magazine and DrumRadio. I have a Drum TV Show in most boroughs of NY (public access)

If it's Ok, I would like to share some of my videos dedicated to the work of the late great John Bonham.

Many think that in my videos I'm going to play John note-for-note and are disappointed. However, I take one of his ideas and use it as an influence!!

In this first video I want to show you, maybe you can help me!

Are there two ways to pronounce Bonham!!??

Hello All,

I have done countless studies based on John Bonham's drum work and always been a huge fan.

Some of the work was in Classic Drummer Magazine and DrumRadio. I have a Drum TV Show in most boroughs of NY (public access)

If it's Ok, I would like to share some of my videos dedicated to the work of the late great John Bonham.

Many think that in my videos I'm going to play John note-for-note and are disappointed. However, I take one of his ideas and use it as an influence!!

In this first video I want to show you, maybe you can help me!

Jeff Indyke? Mate, you're famous. I've seen all of your videos on YouTube and I've also contributed to your thread on Drummerworld.com. You are a really great teacher, and your feel for the groove is magnificent - you really play with style, mate.

And "Bon-em', "Bon-HAM"? Who cares, my girlfriend is from Staten and she says "HAM" too. Personally, I love when it's pronounced like that. :D Anyway, you take care, mate! All the best.

Hello All,

Surely then you must have noticed Robert Plant pronunciation of John's last name during live shows countless times.....

Why would there even be a question past your first viewing of Moby Dick in TSRTS?

Good vid, teaching requires a patience that I do not posess. B)

:huh:

Surely then you must have noticed Robert Plant pronunciation of John's last name during live shows countless times.....

Why would there even be a question past your first viewing of Moby Dick in TSRTS?

Good vid, teaching requires a patience that I do not posess. B)

yeah ...have to agree with you on this guy being a big fan but has never seen TSRTS ?? sort of reminds you of the scene in the movie where Peter Grant chews out the promoter for using the Zep name with "the stars & stripes behind it" real fans will know what i mean.

Bloody hell! I didn't finish watching it. I couldn't get past the fact a drummer of that many years couldn't pronounce the name.

I have actually studied Bonham for about 25 yrs. I never took lessons. I learned by putting the headphones on and playing along. Incredibly frustrating and difficult but I did it and I now know everything including boots and outtakes. Rumor is that Jason does to but I heard little evidence of it from 12/07. Not knocking Jason because he did fine, but he needn't brag about knowing all the stuff if he isn't going to display the knowledge.

Supraphonic, I get it. He is a bit "silly" isn't he? That's my "few bob" anyway.

Bonham pron. bon-'m

Surname of the greatest rock drummer of all time; John Bonham.

There is really only ONE way to pronounce Bonham.

Emphasis is on the first syllable BON the second syllable is NOT emphasised so the vowel sound is indistinct, so it should sound more like 'm than em am um om etc.

NOT mmm though.

You would only pronounce it Bon-'mmm if you were trying to imply that you found him physically attractive! :D

So, ready everybody?

1,2,3, BON-'m

Of course if you want to say it in a Brummie accent then I'd need to use phonetic symbols and the reader would need to understand those symbols.

Like the earlier poster said listen to Percy say it if you want a Brummie take on it.

Archived