football

craigled

On 12/3/2017 at 4:56 PM, Walter said:

Yeah. We attended the USA vs Panama qualifier here in Orlando.  How they couldn’t go down to Trinidad and get qualified is unbelievable to me.  

Crazy not to see the Netherlands and Italy in it.  Chile too.  They have a good team as well.  My son is telling me the US soccer federation is trying to put together a losers World Cup for the countries that didn’t make it...  Where there’s a buck to be made....

Soccer's version of the NIT. It'll never fly.

12 minutes ago, Strider said:

Not a fan of the song, eh? 

Ah you see my bearded LA chum, At The Theatre of Dreams ( or Old Trafford) that is a Scouser song. It is not permitted to sing that tune and if you did, it would be more that a red shirt you would be wearing !

Edited by chillumpuffer

On 15.1.2018 at 8:28 AM, chillumpuffer said:

Agreed Led -- never for one moment would I say that EVER !! A win tonight against Stoke would be very nice.

Rivalry - the real fun in football :D

Alexis Sanchez? There were times when Jose spended the money more smartley

23 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Tomorrow I like Leicester City, MU, MC, Everton.  Two upsets I might take one light shot with.  Chrystal Palace plus 1 and Brighton plus 1/2.  

of course I always like Leicester City

Bet with your heart not your head man? Who are Leicester playing?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/10/2018 at 10:10 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Go Leicester !!!  Vardy scores!!!!!

16 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

And the final result?????

That would be a 5-1 smackdown by Man City.

Liverpool 2 nil over Southampton today to sit snugly in third place.

On 2/13/2018 at 2:40 AM, chillumpuffer said:

Watch and learn man. Barcelona - no chance. Over the 2 legs? No

Hey Chill, was just wondering, the divisions and matchups and even the odds are out for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia this coming Summer.  Cant wait.  So do you want the honors of creating the thread with the divisions and all?  I thought we would see if anyone would like to start a contest and pick the teams that come out of the 8 divisions and then make it all the way.  There are 6 teams only favored higher than England who are at plus 1650 to win the Cup.  I like their odds and and their chances this time.  None of the usual suspects strike the fear of God in me.  How about you?

Anyway if you do not want to do it maybe you can pass the torch on to someone like Strider?  If none of you are interested, let me know  and I will do it. There are many websites to get the info.  5 dimes has the odds. Some real intriguing matchups early on.  One that catch's my eye is Germany vs Mexico.  Yes, first match!!!!  A dandy.  I really think Mexico is dangerous. I hope they win that game.  I do think Germany and Mexico come out of that group.  Sweden have a small shot.  England is in with Belgium and I would expect those two to advance.  So no USA and the real surprise this time is NO NETHERLANDS.   I think this is the first time in my life I can remember the Dutch being out?  No Scots or Irish.  The usuals are favored.  Germany, Brazil, France, Argentina (way overated IMO), Belgium, Spain.  Then England.  Big drop off to the next team which is Portugal.  So they are giving England a fighting shot.  Lets hope.   I await your answer. 

On 19/02/2018 at 7:19 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Hey Chill, was just wondering, the divisions and matchups and even the odds are out for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia this coming Summer.  Cant wait.  So do you want the honors of creating the thread with the divisions and all?  I thought we would see if anyone would like to start a contest and pick the teams that come out of the 8 divisions and then make it all the way.  There are 6 teams only favored higher than England who are at plus 1650 to win the Cup.  I like their odds and and their chances this time.  None of the usual suspects strike the fear of God in me.  How about you?

Anyway if you do not want to do it maybe you can pass the torch on to someone like Strider?  If none of you are interested, let me know  and I will do it. There are many websites to get the info.  5 dimes has the odds. Some real intriguing matchups early on.  One that catch's my eye is Germany vs Mexico.  Yes, first match!!!!  A dandy.  I really think Mexico is dangerous. I hope they win that game.  I do think Germany and Mexico come out of that group.  Sweden have a small shot.  England is in with Belgium and I would expect those two to advance.  So no USA and the real surprise this time is NO NETHERLANDS.   I think this is the first time in my life I can remember the Dutch being out?  No Scots or Irish.  The usuals are favored.  Germany, Brazil, France, Argentina (way overated IMO), Belgium, Spain.  Then England.  Big drop off to the next team which is Portugal.  So they are giving England a fighting shot.  Lets hope.   I await your answer. 

Leave it with me Rick

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2018 at 11:31 AM, chillumpuffer said:

Leave it with me Rick

Hey man have you thought about how you are going to format the World Cup?  I know the divisions are A-H and all but I am wondering if we are going to pick all the match's?  Two great match's to be played right off the bat are very intriguing.  Germany and Mexico ( and I will be cheering for Mexico), and Spain vs Portugal.  Upset possibility.  I am for England all the way.  I believe the Australians have an interesting match also.  Might be France but cannot remember.  Very strange to not see the Netherlands, and Italy.  Shocking that Italy is out. The USA, not so much.  There will still be interest here though.  The hispanic community here have tremendous interest.  I look forward to it.  I will pick up some Boddington and Guinness stout or Young's chocolate stout and plan to see much of the action.  I really feel England are in shape this time to take it.I am not sold on the usual favs like Brazil, Germany and over rated teams like Argentina.  I am wondering what kind of a showing Mexico will have?  

• 2 weeks later...

I sure cleaned up with my picks on the World Cup friendly match's topped off with the "gift" of Mexico minus a half vs Iceland.  How in the devil does anyone think Iceland can hang with Mexico?  3-0.  I am going to take a light shot on Mexico vs Germany in the opener in June