football

craigled

43 minutes ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Many underrated teams are giving the big-wigs a run for their money, it seems. Thoroughly enjoyed the Iceland-Argentina clash, the Germany-Mexico clash and the Brazil-Switzerland clash. What I love is a good contest. Not one sided rubbish. Early days yet, I know but I hope the momentum continues. 

The team that I am rooting for, is Iceland. 

Good luck with that Kiwi.

On 6/16/2018 at 2:05 PM, Strider said:

FFS, settle down Hoss. "Rebelling"? I'm not rebelling against anything. I simply don't choose to play. It's nothing personal.

It's very simple, Rick. If it is not something I have the confidence in betting my own money then I don't play. American football, basketball, baseball...these are sports I know inside and out and will put money down in Las Vegas. And I will play the pools and pick-em contests.

But soccer, especially World Cup? I have neither the expertise nor the passion to go through all the brackets and decipher one team's chances over another. I couldn't tell you the difference between Ghana and Russia and Iran, other than their team colours, if I tried.

Iceland and Germany have my support but I'll see only 10% of the matches during the World Cup, at best. If soccer truly is the world's game, you don't need me in your WC contest. There are thousands of people on this forum that are not from the U.S. So I would think that the WC contest draws better than our NFL and MLB contests.

All this love for Iceland. I thought that was the Australia flag for a minute.  I may take a light shot on Australia to beat Denmark because of the 3 yellow cards Denmark has in their pockets.

3 minutes ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Thank you, CP! :P 

We’re pulling for them as well Kiwi! Love the way they play as a team and their fans too! Just enjoying all of the play. These mosquitoes are insane!!

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

England scores!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'll crack another Guinness!!!  

I thought Jamie Vardy was on the damn England squad?

Hell, until a month ago I thought Wayne Rooney was still playing for the Lions. A couple visiting from Staffordshire set me straight.

And so, Harry Kane saves England's bacon. Who's the most popular Harry in England now?

Just now, Strider said:

Hell, until a month ago I thought Wayne Rooney was still playing for the Lions. A couple visiting from Staffordshire set me straight.

And so, Harry Kane saves England's bacon. Who's the most popular Harry in England now?

Yeah last minute save your ass goal by Kane. They looked bad though. Better step it up next match. Btw, Rooney is supposed to be coming to the mls to play for DC United, I believe.

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

England scores!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'll crack another Guinness!!!  

I'm glad you are happy but Guinness is an Irish beer. If you want to celebrate England's win, crack a proper English beer...a Samuel Smith or Old Speckled Hen or Fuller's London Pride or a Newcastle. 🍺

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Yeah last minute save your ass goal by Kane. They looked bad though. Better step it up next match. Btw, Rooney is supposed to be coming to the mls to play for DC United, I believe.

Bunch of shit dicks.  I turned it off after that shit call on the PK.  How can that be allowed to stand?   The guy did NOTHING.   He lifted his arms in the air and incidental contact to the face of the guy.  The ball was no where near the offensive player.  He never had a chance to score.  And they give those shit dicks a free goal?  What kind of shit is this?  Shoved $100 up my ass.  Now I need Columbia -1 to win like $150.  A 3 teamer and 4 teamer.  All the rest winners.  Also have Columbia with a couple other teams and Spain can cash me out also.  On a smaller one.  England screwed, blued and tattoed me. What a fucking shitty performance.  And why wasn't Vardy there?  The guy can score. He does not miss like the rest of them.  He was on team England two weeks ago

7 hours ago, Walter said:

That's right - I think he's already signed the contract.

Far from being a shitty performance, England looked the better side and played the better football and thoroughly deserved the win. If anyone wants to complain then take the referee. 2 blatant penalties denied by a ref who didn't know what the fuck he was doing. It has been said that the VAR (video assistant referee) was supposed to help the officials in deciding marginal decisions. Well can anyone tell me why this wasn't used when Kane was wrestled to the ground twice in the box? Fucking joke FIFA. 

Also our keeper only touched the ball a couple of times, once to pick the ball out of the net. When Tunisia scored their only mindset was to stick 11 players behind the ball and settle for the point. Well more fool them. All in all 3 points and very encouraging. We can only build confidence from this. Oh and Rick, Vardy is there but only to slice the Oranges at half time.

15 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Far from being a shitty performance, England looked the better side and played the better football and thoroughly deserved the win. If anyone wants to complain then take the referee. 2 blatant penalties denied by a ref who didn't know what the fuck he was doing. It has been said that the VAR (video assistant referee) was supposed to help the officials in deciding marginal decisions. Well can anyone tell me why this wasn't used when Kane was wrestled to the ground twice in the box? Fucking joke FIFA. 

Also our keeper only touched the ball a couple of times, once to pick the ball out of the net. When Tunisia scored their only mindset was to stick 11 players behind the ball and settle for the point. Well more fool them. All in all 3 points and very encouraging. We can only build confidence from this. Oh and Rick, Vardy is there but only to slice the Oranges at half time.

Obviously I’ll always defer to you on the level of play England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿  displayed. I expected more from a team of EPL players. The refs didn’t do them any favors, but I though England was sloppy with passing and shots on goal. 

Anyway, Poland 🇵🇱  knocked off today. Really enjoyed that match - another controversial play with the Senegal 🇸🇳. guy running down the field while being substituted and stealing a goal for all intents and purposes.  

Russia 🇷🇺 looks to be moving on...  Nice luck with playing a team on one day less rest. 

2 hours ago, Walter said:

Obviously I’ll always defer to you on the level of play England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿  displayed. I expected more from a team of EPL players. The refs didn’t do them any favors, but I though England was sloppy with passing and shots on goal. 

Anyway, Poland 🇵🇱  knocked off today. Really enjoyed that match - another controversial play with the Senegal 🇸🇳. guy running down the field while being substituted and stealing a goal for all intents and purposes.  

Russia 🇷🇺 looks to be moving on...  Nice luck with playing a team on one day less rest. 

England did not play that well but they got a win and need to be better.  Columbia got screwed today big time.  I mean, a red card, and a penalty shot given to Japan on the same play like 3 minutes into the game.  I would have won $150 if Columbia had won.  I got it planted in my ass.  Strider, I know Guinness is Irish.  The store was out of Boddington.  I like Guinness.  So back to Columbia, they had to then play the whole match with 10 men.  Unreal.  That division is up for grabs.  And Group C with France, Denmark and Australia and Peru to me is the toughest one to call.  I think Peru is going to give France fits with their speed.  And I believe I escaped that game vs Peru with Denmark and now Denmark must play with 3 yellow cards.  One mistake and they are going to be playing with 10 men.  So I think I like the Aussies to win or tie this game.  Argentina might have their hands full with Croatia too.  Another tough group to call.  As is that Columbia division. I still think Columbia can win it.  Japan is lucky they got that call.  I would expect Japan to get smoked the next two.  Dont know why Morroco is getting any respect vs Portugal coming up.  Portugal is minus 1 goal.  To me they should be minus 2.  England and Belgium should both go through but England must play far better if they expect to beat Belgium.  I am wondering why Vardy is not in the lineup seriously.  The guy can score. If Rooney could play 4 years ago Vardy can certainly help this team now.  Spain should murder Iran tomorrow.  We shall see.  When the first round is over and the teams that move on are set, I will try and get the points added.  I know one score already.  Strider  0.   LOL

34 minutes ago, Walter said:

Another goal by Ronaldo! 4 on 5 shots this WC.

As the headline in Portugal's leading newspaper said: Spain 3 - Ronaldo 3

Yeah poor marking from Morocco apparently ( I was fixing my lunch at the time and missed it). The Marocs though are causing problems for Portugal. It's been a good game so far. Could be a draw?

Expect more from England in the next 2 games Walt.

Dickhead me booked my Sunday comp for a 1.30 tee time Doh!!. I was saved by a mate who reminded me that we play The Hat makers at 1 on Sunday. Tee changed to 08.12 am. 

3 hours ago, JTM said:

Denmark - Australia, VAR is a joke that's never a penalty, it's  ball to "arm" no way could the Dane guy have got his arm out of the way..

I saw a penalty shot in one of the games on the ball hitting the guys arm. Think Columbia and Japan?  Bullshit.  Red card, penalty shot, killed in the first 3 minutes

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

Great stuff Croatia. We have never enjoyed a second half of football so much. 

Enduring memory of the cheating, fat, coke head Maradona crying will live with the CP's all summer. Fuck off Argentina and take that fat twat with you.

Love it, well said man. No Englishman should ever forgive or forget that fuckhead beak bonce's cheat goal.  So come on Iceland do your stuff make sure Argentina are on the aeroplane home early next week. I jumped out of my chair three times last eve when Croatia scored, fantastic game..