football

craigled

2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Correct. I would have chosen Welbeck or Rashford

You are brutal.  Anyway, there is a saying in Buffalo, NY that will stand in time and infamy forever.  Its only two words.  "WIDE RIGHT".  IT refers to Scott Norwood's famous missed Field Goal that would have given the Buffalo Bills the Super Bowl championship.  Huge in American football.  From 47 yards out, vs the NY Giants in Tampa, Florida, Super Bowl XXV (25), back in 1991, he broke the hearts of many fans, myself included.  The Bills are still the only team to go to 4 straight Super Bowls, and as good as they were to get to 4 in a row, somehow they managed to lose all 4.  WIDE RIGHT could be famous in England too.  Lingard.  Wide right. He should have buried that shot and made it 2-0 England.  Instead we have this stupid third place game.   The closest humiliation the NFL ever had to that was the champion playing the college all stars way way back.  Last time was in 1967 when Green Bay played them.  Out of sheer curiosity and boredom and knowing I will not see England play at this level again for 4 years, God willing, I might tune in?  And Jamie Vardy could have done much more than "cut the oranges" as you say.  

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Can one of our fellow Brits tell me if this Leicester City vs Manchester United match is the start of a new season?  And the weekend games?  If so, why don't one of you start a new thread?  Like a 2018 season thread?

Yes, Rick. Man Utd v Leicester is the opening game of the 2018/19 Premiership Season . I don’t think we really need a 2018 season thread this Football thread will do just fine for me.

23 hours ago, JTM said:

Yes, Rick. Man Utd v Leicester is the opening game of the 2018/19 Premiership Season . I don’t think we really need a 2018 season thread this Football thread will do just fine for me.

Oh come on.  What a kill joy!

Now you Brits need to get this right.

The lingo

Match = Game

Nil = zero

Squad = Roster

Football = Soccer.

That is today's lesson!!!      Go Leicester City

Fucking Everton/Pickford.  Could not hang on to the 2-1 lead even though they had 10 men.  Pricks.

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

50 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

The lingo

Match = Game

Nil = zero

Squad = Roster

Football = Soccer.

You're lecturing Brits on football terminology, Rick? That'll go over like a lead balloon. 😜

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

The lingo

Match = Game

Nil = zero

Squad = Roster

Football = Soccer.

Fucking Everton/Pickford.  Could not hang on to the 2-1 lead even though they had 10 men.  Pricks.

Here is my lesson for  you Defence is one word not like your two word Dee fence, same goes for offence, one word not two like your off ence.😉

Yours

The Kill Joy 😜.

19 hours ago, JTM said:

Here is my lesson for  you Defence is one word not like your two word Dee fence, same goes for offence, one word not two like your off ence.😉

Yours

The Kill Joy 😜.

Where are you coming up with this incorrect nonsense?

Man City about to cash out for me on a 3 team parlay!!  Love the premier league

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

• 4 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Does anyone know if these friendlies today have any impact on WC qualifying for 2022?  Qatar?  How legit will the lineups be for France and Germany for instance.  I would really like a fast response here as I am considering putting some green down😀

I still don't get this new UEFA Nations League that starts today. But it's not about WC 2022. The next tournament is UEFA EURO 2020.

Qualifying for Euro 2020 is a mixture between the Euro qualifying campain a n d the Nations League :huh:

https://www.uefa.com/uefanationsleague/news/newsid=2563561.html

21 hours ago, LedZed66 said:

I still don't get this new UEFA Nations League that starts today. But it's not about WC 2022. The next tournament is UEFA EURO 2020.

Qualifying for Euro 2020 is a mixture between the Euro qualifying campain a n d the Nations League :huh:

https://www.uefa.com/uefanationsleague/news/newsid=2563561.html

I do not think most fans care so much about the Euro 2020, they care more about the World Cup.  Thanks for the link but it not crystal clear as to which games really matter? I mean, look at all the international friendlies taking place over the next 3 days.  Italy vs Poland is one and England and Spain are playing.  I am not sure who will suit up for England or Spain?  Will the first unit from the World Cup be the roster?  IE, Kane, Allie, Pickford, etc.?   I hope Walker is kicked off the team by the way. Well, you know me, I put a couple of parlays on the games. The next World Cup is a long long way off.  I still cannot believe its going to be played in November.  That truly sucks. Its just not in keeping with tradition.  So here in the United States the broadcasts will go head to head against the NFL.  As long as England are alive I will keep tuning in.

Oh, and if they do go to 45 teams, that will assure the presence of the United States and teams like Ireland and Scotland no doubt.  I wonder how they would set it up?  More groups?  Or would they just add teams to groups A_H??   No clue.  And I wonder when we find out?

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

On 9/7/2018 at 5:46 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I do not think most fans care so much about the Euro 2020, they care more about the World Cup.  Thanks for the link but it not crystal clear as to which games really matter? I mean, look at all the international friendlies taking place over the next 3 days.  Italy vs Poland is one and England and Spain are playing.  I am not sure who will suit up for England or Spain?  Will the first unit from the World Cup be the roster?  IE, Kane, Allie, Pickford, etc.?   I hope Walker is kicked off the team by the way. Well, you know me, I put a couple of parlays on the games. The next World Cup is a long long way off.  I still cannot believe its going to be played in November.  That truly sucks. Its just not in keeping with tradition.  So here in the United States the broadcasts will go head to head against the NFL.  As long as England are alive I will keep tuning in.

Oh, and if they do go to 45 teams, that will assure the presence of the United States and teams like Ireland and Scotland no doubt.  I wonder how they would set it up?  More groups?  Or would they just add teams to groups A_H??   No clue.  And I wonder when we find out?

I prefer the WC but I enjoy the Euro's too. 2020 won't be hosted in a country - oh no - it will be played all over Europe: St. Petersburg, Glasgow, Copenhagen, Baku.

brilliant.jpg.dc8c16c4983dc865b2cdecefc7daa8ac.jpg

I heard the Nations League is a back up system for the big teams that failed to qualify in the EURO qualifiers.

3 hours ago, LedZed66 said:

I prefer the WC but I enjoy the Euro's too. 2020 won't be hosted in a country - oh no - it will be played all over Europe: St. Petersburg, Glasgow, Copenhagen, Baku.

brilliant.jpg.dc8c16c4983dc865b2cdecefc7daa8ac.jpg

I heard the Nations League is a back up system for the big teams that failed to qualify in the EURO qualifiers.

Do you think we are going to see 45 teams?  When will we know this?  Are you for it?   Does it not "water down" the competition?  Well there is 4 questions I have tossed at you.  And WTF is up with England in that 2-1 loss yesterday?  When are they going to gel and play up to their potential?  Do you think they have the right guys on the pitch?  Or should they consider changes?  I am not sure if Walker played but Walker to me is one guy I would replace.  I see Tottenham has a big non  league game coming up. Some more big tests for Kane and Allie.  I still believe that they should have played Jamie Vardy for the entire game vs Croatia and maybe we would not be talking about them playing that third place stinker?  I know he can score.  He is one heck of a striker. I wonder if he will be too old in 4 years in Qatar?  Sickening that the games will be there. Speaking of games, today is opening day of American football.  Just know one thing, the good guys wear pictures of the American Bison on their helmets.  The other good guys wear Ram horns.

England beat the Swiss today after Switzerland had won their previous match 6-0!  Speaking of which, Spain put an ass whipping on Croatia today 6-0!!!!!  Sent the bastards a message.  I must say I have a bit of hate for Croatia after they ruined the World Cup for me and England.  England never should have lost that game.  I also see Qatar won 3-0.  Never heard of the team they beat, which usually means they were from AFrica.  LOL.  Yo Chillpuffer, if you see this, do you think that Southgate will remove Walker from the English team?  And can Jamie Vardy play for England in 4 years or is that asking a bit too much?  I know you are no fan of Leicester City, but you have to admit that kid is good.

On 9/9/2018 at 3:29 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Do you think we are going to see 45 teams?  When will we know this?  Are you for it?   Does it not "water down" the competition?  Well there is 4 questions I have tossed at you.  And WTF is up with England in that 2-1 loss yesterday?  When are they going to gel and play up to their potential?  Do you think they have the right guys on the pitch?  Or should they consider changes?  I am not sure if Walker played but Walker to me is one guy I would replace.  I see Tottenham has a big non  league game coming up. Some more big tests for Kane and Allie.  I still believe that they should have played Jamie Vardy for the entire game vs Croatia and maybe we would not be talking about them playing that third place stinker?  I know he can score.  He is one heck of a striker. I wonder if he will be too old in 4 years in Qatar?  Sickening that the games will be there. Speaking of games, today is opening day of American football.  Just know one thing, the good guys wear pictures of the American Bison on their helmets.  The other good guys wear Ram horns.

Will more teams water down the competition?  I don't know and FIFA don't care. They'll take the money and run.

I watched 4 Tottenham games in the Champions League last season. They played fantastic football and Kane is a world class striker. But he is on a different level than the rest of team.

Well, England lost against Spain. I'm excited to see how Spain will develope under their new manager, now their devine midfield is retired: Xabi Alonso, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Cesc Fàbregas.  Sigh. Those were the days.
6:0 against Croatia, that's great. I'm still angry about Croatia:Denmark - one of the worst matches I've ever watched. 

We went to the football match this afternoon.

The club of our city, 1. FC Köln, was relegated to 2. Bundesliga last season but the matches are still sold out (stadium capacity 50.000) and the atmosphere is still outstanding. We have the 2nd best atmosphere in Bundesliga, including 1. BL. Only the "yellow wall" of Borussia Dortmund is having more fun.

Today's match was spectacular. Our club lost 3:5 but we saw: 8 goals + 2 disallowed goals (offside) for our home team. A penalty against the home team and a red card against our home team.

Mr. LedZed is devastated but I enjoyed the entertaining game.

02_20180916_132959.thumb.jpg.9499bb2ba62128a3d557d2bcbcdd5397.jpg01_20180916_132555.thumb.jpg.55f7ca096d80716d8e27c43f4be5d9ac.jpg
Edited by LedZed66

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Wait a minute, isnt that after the World Cup?  Its the European championships?  So how is it living in France?   Go Leicester City!!  Today

I suppose it's fantastic living in France but the European Championship 2024 will be hosted by Germany.

Next manager at Old Trafford: Zinedine Zidane

11 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

Time for Mourinho to FUCK OFF !

His bullying arrogance has lost him the respect of the players, same thing that happened at Chelski.  West Ham man, that's not looking good for your lot.

2 hours ago, LedZed66 said:

I suppose it's fantastic living in France but the European Championship 2024 will be hosted by Germany.

Next manager at Old Trafford: Zinedine Zidane

Cologne is in France is it not?

Is Arsenal going to score for Gods sake?

Vardy and MacGuire have scored for Leicester City!!!!!!!   

Edited by LedZeppfan1977