football

craigled

The semi-final draw is on Friday, 13th. 1 p.m. CET
https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/#/iv/article/2547023

Both games are the proof that you can't buy the Champions League title. The CL competition is still very strong. City and PSG burned so much money but didn't succeed. I was deep thinking last summer if I'll stay a football fan - when PSG spent 222 Million € for Neymar. This is so disgusting. Now, I am very pleased - no, it's pure schadenfreude!

11 hours ago, LedZed66 said:

The semi-final draw is on Friday, 13th. 1 p.m. CET
https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/#/iv/article/2547023

Both games are the proof that you can't buy the Champions League title. The CL competition is still very strong. City and PSG burned so much money but didn't succeed. I was deep thinking last summer if I'll stay a football fan - when PSG spent 222 Million € for Neymar. This is so disgusting. Now, I am very pleased - no, it's pure schadenfreude!

That'll teach me to listen to the announcers on TV! :D

Thank you for correcting the date.

Yes, a wide open semi-final to be sure - assuming Bayern and Real Madrid advance, you'll have two "usual suspects", a former "usual suspect", and one cinderella team.

As boring as it would be, it's tough to see how Real Madrid won't be favored to win it all again. I hope they don't - I'd even prefer a Bayern win over that (and I think that result would be boring as well, just less so than Real Madrid winning again).

Go, Liverpool or Roma.

On 11.4.2018 at 7:52 PM, ForEvermore said:

Yes, a wide open semi-final to be sure - assuming Bayern and Real Madrid advance, you'll have two "usual suspects", a former "usual suspect", and one cinderella team.

As boring as it would be, it's tough to see how Real Madrid won't be favored to win it all again. I hope they don't - I'd even prefer a Bayern win over that (and I think that result would be boring as well, just less so than Real Madrid winning again).

Go, Liverpool or Roma.

YEAH - Liverpool or Roma in the final!!!!!!! That's terrific :cheer:

I don't want to see Real Madrid winning for the third time in a row.  Even though I like their playing very much.

EL: Arsenal vs. Atleti would have made a perfect final.

8 hours ago, LedZed66 said:

YEAH - Liverpool or Roma in the final!!!!!!! That's terrific :cheer:

I don't want to see Real Madrid winning for the third time in a row.  Even though I like their playing very much.

EL: Arsenal vs. Atleti would have made a perfect final.

Well, Arsenal have advanced - has Atleti advanced?

Well, either Liverpool or Roma will be in the Final because they play each other in the Semi-Final starting in 11 days. :)

2 hours ago, 76229 said:

Congrats to Robert Plant's beloved Wolves, who have won promotion to the Premier League this evening. I'm sure he'll be drinking a pint of Thatchers or two!

Oh, that's good to hear! He really is a devoted fan (and part of the ownership group).

3 hours ago, 76229 said:

Congrats to Robert Plant's beloved Wolves, who have won promotion to the Premier League this evening. I'm sure he'll be drinking a pint of Thatchers or two!

That's heartwarming news. Good for the Wolves.

On 13.4.2018 at 9:46 PM, ForEvermore said:

Well, Arsenal have advanced - has Atleti advanced?

Well, either Liverpool or Roma will be in the Final because they play each other in the Semi-Final starting in 11 days. :)

:)

I'm looking forward to the four Champions League Semi-Finals. Great pairings.

But the Europa League Semi-Final Arsenal vs. Atletico Madrid is another goodie. Atleti are one of most interesting teams in Europe. The team grew quite old. So Arsenal may stand a chance.

On 4/11/2018 at 2:48 AM, chillumpuffer said:

Oh dear poor City. How long is a week in Football? Mixed emotions for me as there's no real winner. Good to see Barca out as well. Interest lost for me so I'll look forward to the Golf season.

So I have to look around but are you going to do the World Cup thing?

Chillumpuffer.  Where the hell are you?  Are you doing the World Cup this year?  I mean listing the brackets and having a bit of a contest?  Where we make our picks all the way through the tournament.  The only TRUE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP IN SPORTS. I am coming in with a possible early upset.  Or perhaps a tie.  Mexico and Germany.  The best first match IMO

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Chillumpuffer.  Where the hell are you?  Are you doing the World Cup this year?  I mean listing the brackets and having a bit of a contest?  Where we make our picks all the way through the tournament.  The only TRUE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP IN SPORTS. I am coming in with a possible early upset.  Or perhaps a tie.  Mexico and Germany.  The best first match IMO

Plenty of time yet Rick, the focus here is still on  the last few games in the Premier League. Once that's over the focus will shift to the World Cup, six weeks or so away yet.

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Soon Rick soon........

On 4/28/2018 at 7:26 AM, JTM said:

Plenty of time yet Rick, the focus here is still on  the last few games in the Premier League. Once that's over the focus will shift to the World Cup, six weeks or so away yet.

Manchester City are the best team easily.  I thought they had it wrapped up?

Tonight's the night, can Liverpool hang on to their three goal advantage when they face Roma in the second leg of the Champions League semi final. It would be a tragedy if Roma do to Liverpool what they did to Barca in the QF. An early goal from the Reds should surely seal a place in the final, the road to #6 is on. But this is Football and anything can happen. Like the cliché says "Football, it's a funny old game [innit]".....

6 hours ago, JTM said:

Tonight's the night, can Liverpool hang on to their three goal advantage when they face Roma in the second leg of the Champions League semi final. It would be a tragedy if Roma do to Liverpool what they did to Barca in the QF. An early goal from the Reds should surely seal a place in the final, the road to #6 is on. But this is Football and anything can happen. Like the cliché says "Football, it's a funny old game [innit]".....

Yes - that second goal from Roma last week left some drama in the tie. Without it, the Reds would have one foot on the Final pitch already. Still, they should be cautiously optimistic about their position. Yes, let Roma's comeback against Barca be fair warning, though - nothing's decided yet.

I'm bored to tears that Real Madrid are in the Final again - I hope whoever wins tonight's tie wins it all.