football

craigled

12 hours ago, Strider said:

Most of my teams sucked today. But at least The Reds came thru against Man U.

A great win for Liverpool. Reds supporters consider the games against Man U as the second Derby, the first being of course against local rivals Everton.

40 minutes ago, Strider said:

Yeah, I bet chillumpuffer is miserable. 😜

No doubt, it's swings and roudabouts  though, Liverpool dominated in the Eighties and beyond then along came Alex Ferguson with his Fergie time so Man U took the crown, now the pendulum appears to be swinging the other way and once again Liverpool are on the up again. I don't consider Citeh or Chelski to be up there because whatever they have won they bought. Liverpool and Man U are the two greats no one else comes anywhere near them.

Edited by JTM

6 minutes ago, LedZed66 said:

Adeus José

He has lost his magic at Real Madrid and never got it back

When I got sacked because I failed in my job - I want 22,5 Millions too!!!!:computertrash:

Excellent post Led. I watched the game at the weekend and couldn't believe the starting line up. Pogba? On the bench? WTF.? In my view it all went downhill after SIR Fergie stepped down. Also the draw in the Champions League was the last straw. PSG. Jesus it couldn't get any worse.

Anyway Led. The most important question is: Will you be watching " Dinner for one" this new year's eve?

Edited by chillumpuffer

3 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Excellent post Led. I watched the game at the weekend and couldn't believe the starting line up. Pogba? On the bench? WTF.? In my view it all went downhill after SIR Fergie stepped down. Also the draw in the Champions League was the last straw. PSG. Jesus it couldn't get any worse.

Anyway Led. The most important question is: Will you be watching " Dinner for one" this new year's eve?

Sir Alex was an outstanding manager. But I don't think that today's players accept the hairdryer.

Pogba on the bench is inacceptable. He is a social media poser, yes, but he is no Balotelli. It is José's fault that he is in such a bad shape (mentally)

:hysterical: - is it true, CP, that Dinner for one is unknown and was never aired in the UK?

Dinner for one is the most popular TV show in Germany - for ages and for all generations. My father hated TV but even he watched Dinner for one. I grew up with it, my young collegues grew up with it too. And even during times, when only a couple of people spoke English, the sketch was popular. It's a phenomenon.
During the last years we didn't watch the original version reguarly. But we have a version in the local dialect from Cologne, we watched this version instead. Because New Year's Eve without Dinner for one is like christmas without Lebkuchen. :toast:

8 minutes ago, LedZed66 said:

Sir Alex was an outstanding manager. But I don't think that today's players accept the hairdryer.

Pogba on the bench is inacceptable. He is a social media poser, yes, but he is no Balotelli. It is José's fault that he is in such a bad shape (mentally)

:hysterical: - is it true, CP, that Dinner for one is unknown and was never aired in the UK?

Dinner for one is the most popular TV show in Germany - for ages and for all generations. My father hated TV but even he watched Dinner for one. I grew up with it, my young collegues grew up with it too. And even during times, when only a couple of people spoke English, the sketch was popular. It's a phenomenon.
During the last years we didn't watch the original version reguarly. But we have a version in the local dialect from Cologne, we watched this version instead. Because New Year's Eve without Dinner for one is like christmas without Lebkuchen. :toast:

'Tis true my old Sausage eating friend.

For the first time in living memory, this 15 minutes of a televisual feast, which has has never aired on TV in the UK, is actually on. Not sure where or when but it is on. 

I will watch it but as you will know what we find funny is not necessarily funny to anyone else and vice versa. If you understand me?

Maybe for us it maybe be best to watch it in German?

Best to you and yours for the festive season :santa::toast:

3 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

'Tis true my old Sausage eating friend.

For the first time in living memory, this 15 minutes of a televisual feast, which has has never aired on TV in the UK, is actually on. Not sure where or when but it is on. 

I will watch it but as you will know what we find funny is not necessarily funny to anyone else and vice versa. If you understand me?

Maybe for us it maybe be best to watch it in German?

Best to you and yours for the festive season :santa::toast:

Dfo was recorded in 1963 - I totally understand if someone calls it lame.

The rumor mills say Pochettino? I go for Zidane.

Best wishes for the festive season to Mrs. CP and you  🎄  ☃️  🥂

Why is it on the games played on Tuesday and Wednesday, lets say if its Manchester City, you do not get the effort out of them you would on a Saturday and I notice sometimes they do not put their top unit out there?  What the hell is going on?  How difficult is it to play two soccer games in one week?  In the NFL, or American Football as you would call it it only happens on Thanksgiving week.  4 unlucky teams, and always Dallas and  Detroit, have to play on Sunday and then again 4 days later.  Soccer is not the collision type sport that the NFL is, but its an endurance game. You have to run, run and run some more. 

To me Tottenham have the best chance to beat Manchester City and even that is questionable. MC is one tough team.  MU is not. Bad year  Arsenal is tough. I would say as good as Chelseas but not as good as Tottenham.  I really like Tottenham.  They have Kane and Delle Allie and I am kind of tossed between them and Leicester City as my two favs?  I do like Vardy and McGuire. 

• 2 weeks later...

So who is running that fantasy league here?  Can you tell me if I am even in sight? I have no clue how to even get to the league.  Or how my team is doing.  I went 6 for 6 yesterday on my parlay wagers in Premier League.  Kicked ass.  Today I can cash in four parlays if Manchester City beats Liverpool.  I like their chances to beat Liverpool.  I cannot believe Liverpool does not have a loss!!!!!  Unreal.  Today is their first.  I hope

Dodged a missile with that post and then a great defensive play, as the ball was almost in.

Goooooooooooooool!!!!  MC!!!!!!

What a shot

Great game and great result for me.  Very good game. I do not blame MC coach for being irate.  He was right.  Fouls uncalled by Liverpool.  Are the res afraid of the fans over there?  

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

I was born in the same town as Robert Plant - West Bromwich. So my team is West Bromwich Albion. Unfortunately, Robert supports our rivals from down the road. Nevermind 😕  Two famous Albion fans are Eric Clapton and Ronnie Wood. I understand why Eric is an Albion fan, but I'm not sure about the Ronnie connection.

Edited by R Amblinman
bad grammar

On 1/5/2019 at 5:27 PM, R Amblinman said:

I was born in the same town as Robert Plant - West Bromwich. So my team is West Bromwich Albion. Unfortunately, Robert supports our rivals from down the road. Nevermind 😕  Two famous Albion fans are Eric Clapton and Ronnie Wood. I understand why Eric is an Albion fan, but I'm not sure about the Ronnie connection.

I thought he liked Kidderminster, Scotland?  Anyway, where is our regular soccer guy here?  And it looks like Liverpool are suffering from a let down after that huge game vs MC.  What a game that was.  I had my money on Manchester City so I liked the outcome.  I think Tottenham is going to hand it to Chelsea tomorrow.  Tottenham is on fire. And they can catch Liverpool as can MC.  2nd half I would expect Liverpool to rally

Well its 2-1 Wolves with only a few minutes left.  The let down was a certainty.  How an Liverpool lose to this team?  Well now the barn door is wide open for Tottenham and Manchester City to jump on them.

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

7 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Does anyone over there across the bloody pond know why this damn game today did not count in the Premier League standings?  Tottenham over Chelsea?  Unless they are just lazy in giving them their 3 points.  Closing in on Liverpool

Because it was an FA Cup game not a Premiership game. It's no big deal losing  that one. ( I assume you are refering to the Wolves v Liverpool game). It's the Premiership that is important, FA Cup games just get in the way.