Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
craigled

football

Recommended Posts

What's up with my fonts... don't know how that happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JTM said:

What's up with my fonts... don't know how that happens.

2 yellows cause that.. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Walter said:

2 yellows cause that.. ;)

:( Yep..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Good match mate.

Edited by Walter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations USA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Predictable. England were nervous and continually gave the ball away. Having said that the bonus is it won't feature on our viewing planner. Sorry pondside I just can't put up with USA USA chanting.

Anyway looking forward to the Ashes - you know that game with a bat and ball where it goes on for 5 days and nobody wins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, JTM said:

Harsh penalty decision against USA, saved, ah well.

Sucks. I wanted England. I still like Sweden to win. They beat Germany

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Match is set...

Netherlands vs USA

Lets go American ladies!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kick off is set...lets go USA ladies!!!

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
very nice game. Congratulations to the USA, they were the better team.

Best moment of the final: when the audience whistled FIFA villain Blofeld, um, Infantino.
The men's game is faster, the technical skills are much better, but in women's football there is no injury faking, no time wasting, no spitting, no wimps - just football
Edited by LedZed66

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Walter said:

Kick off is set...lets go USA ladies!!!

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Congratulations to the U.S. women! I missed the match, though...it was over by the time I woke up.

1 hour ago, LedZed66 said:
very nice game. Congratulations to the USA, they were the better team.

Best moment of the final: when the audience whistled FIFA villain Blofeld, um, Infantino.
The men's game is faster, the technical skills are much better, but in women's football there is no injury faking, no time wasting, no spitting, no wimps - just football

Yes, but the gap between the men and women isn't as noticeable in football/soccer as in other sports.

The WNBA is a failure because the difference between men and women's basketball is ginormous. Most women I know who are sports fans, and will watch women play tennis andice skate, have no interest in watching the WNBA because the dropoff from the NBA is so drastic. There just aren't enough lesbians to sustain the league and the NBA is bleeding money.

Women's tennis and ice skating still draw tv ratings while the WNBA's areinfinitesimal. As for football (soccer), we (U.S.) will watch football only every four years during the World Cup. The U.S. has no interest in a national league, men or women. The MLS resides in the ratings cellar along with the WNBA. A women's footballleague would be a financial disaster.

Maybe Europe could sustain a women's league but I doubt it. Some of the most racist, misogynistic, patriarchal thug behaviour I have ever witnessed was at European football matches. And South American/Latin America/Mexican crowds are even worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, LedZed66 said:
very nice game. Congratulations to the USA, they were the better team.

Best moment of the final: when the audience whistled FIFA villain Blofeld, um, Infantino.
The men's game is faster, the technical skills are much better, but in women's football there is no injury faking, no time wasting, no spitting, no wimps - just football

They do spit, just not as much, maybe they swallow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, LedZed66 said:
very nice game. Congratulations to the USA, they were the better team.

Best moment of the final: when the audience whistled FIFA villain Blofeld, um, Infantino.
The men's game is faster, the technical skills are much better, but in women's football there is no injury faking, no time wasting, no spitting, no wimps - just football

The Cameroons managed to cough up a few oysters ! Didn't see the final as I was "parking the car"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Clinton P. Desveaux said:

Halifax Wanderers FC vs Ottawa Fury FC for the 3rd round of the Canadian championship this Wednesday July 10

Send the BBC an e mail. They may transmit it here in the UK. Well, they show fuck all else.;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2019 at 2:31 AM, chillumpuffer said:

Send the BBC an e mail. They may transmit it here in the UK. Well, they show fuck all else.;)

When does the Premier League start up again? Please tell me who you believe will be good this year? Who will take a step back? Were there any major moves? How do you think Leicester City will do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

When does the Premier League start up again? Please tell me who you believe will be good this year? Who will take a step back? Were there any major moves? How do you think Leicester City will do?

Don't you read before you post? Right before you asked to change the name of this thread from football to soccer, I answered your question.

On 6/3/2019 at 1:31 PM, Strider said:

Okay Rick, you can relax now. The 2018-19 EPL season is over. The 2019-20 season will gear up in August. Take a breather until then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

When does the Premier League start up again? Please tell me who you believe will be good this year? Who will take a step back? Were there any major moves? How do you think Leicester City will do?

Prem season starts Friday 9th of August, Liverpool v Norwich is the first game. Who will do well, Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, Tottenham maybe Chelsea. Leicester will finish mid table or below. Moves/Transfers I've no idea, couldn't care less tbh.

Edited by JTM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2019 at 7:06 PM, Strider said:

Don't you read before you post? Right before you asked to change the name of this thread from football to soccer, I answered your question.

I cant read every bloody thread here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, JTM said:

Prem season starts Friday 9th of August, Liverpool v Norwich is the first game. Who will do well, Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, Tottenham maybe Chelsea. Leicester will finish mid table or below. Moves/Transfers I've no idea, couldn't care less tbh.

Thanks for the info. So you believe Man United will have a better year? But do you still think Man City is the best team? Or Liverpool? Are MacGuire and Vardy still with Leicester City?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Thanks for the info. So you believe Man United will have a better year? But do you still think Man City is the best team? Or Liverpool? Are MacGuire and Vardy still with Leicester City?

I will never consider Man City the "best" team, no matter what title/cup they win, Liverpool will always be the "best" team imo. Not sure about Vardy's situation, Maguire though will most likely move somewhere else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I cant read every bloody thread here

I'm not asking you to read every bloody thread. I certainly don't. But is it too much to ask to keep up on the thread in which you are bantering with others...like this one?

Liverpool FC! FTW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...