football

craigled

On 7/13/2019 at 5:12 AM, JTM said:

I will never consider Man City the "best" team, no matter what title/cup they win, Liverpool will always be the "best" team imo. Not sure about Vardy's situation, Maguire though will most likely move somewhere else.

Man City I see are the solid favorites to win the league again and Liverpool the 2nd choice.   I am guessing you hate Man City something like I hate Miami and New England in the National Football League here in the USA?  American football.

6 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Man City I see are the solid favorites to win the league again and Liverpool the 2nd choice.   I am guessing you hate Man City something like I hate Miami and New England in the National Football League here in the USA?  American football.

I don't hate any team, I just keep my fingers crossed that Liverpool do well. If they don't, they don't, no big deal, it's only a game.

Edited by JTM

22 hours ago, JTM said:

I don't hate any team, I just keep my fingers crossed that Liverpool do well. If they don't, they don't, no big deal, it's only a game.

Only a game?  Since when?  Not in England it is not just a game. Its a way of life.  Go Leicester City and Go MC

4 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Only a game?  Since when?  Not in England it is not just a game. Its a way of life.  Go Leicester City and Go MC

Yep, only a game imho. There are far more important things in life than ones favourite footie team. Yeah I like to see Liverpool do well, it's not the end of the world though if they don't.  I admit though I almost got upset that Liverpool didn't clinch the Prem title season just gone, but I soon came to my senses, it's only a game.

6 hours ago, JTM said:

Yep, only a game imho. There are far more important things in life than ones favourite footie team. Yeah I like to see Liverpool do well, it's not the end of the world though if they don't.  I admit though I almost got upset that Liverpool didn't clinch the Prem title season just gone, but I soon came to my senses, it's only a game.

I see there are some international games this week.  Tottenham vs Juventus.  Arsenal vs a German team I believe.  i always wonder if they put their top units out for these match's though?  

9 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I see there are some international games this week.  Tottenham vs Juventus.  Arsenal vs a German team I believe.  i always wonder if they put their top units out for these match's though?  

"Liverpool then head across the Atlantic, where they will play Borussia Dortmund in Indiana (July 19), Sevilla in Boston (July 21) and Sporting CP in New York (July 24)"         Manager Klopp is taking with him a 28 man squad, a "top unit" as you say will take part in these games at some point, these games are just warm up games for the up coming season.

On 7/7/2019 at 11:16 PM, Strider said:

Maybe Europe could sustain a women's league but I doubt it. Some of the most racist, misogynistic, patriarchal thug behaviour I have ever witnessed was at European football matches. And South American/Latin America/Mexican crowds are even worse.

This is correct. European Men Football has a huge problem with violence.

As far as I know France has a proper women's league and in Spain women's football became very popular over the last years. Real Madrid just bought a Women's Team.
Here in Cologne we have the German Women's Cup Final every year and it's very popular with families. It's a nice and friendly party and the kids are able to watch a football match live at the stadium without all the nasty circumstances that come along with the men's matches.

But I feel safe at the men's matches. We go by bicycle and everything is well organised inside the stadium.

On 7/17/2019 at 1:12 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I like these warm up games. The only chance for me to see the international players and teams live. Only a few thousand people in the stadium, nice and relaxed atmosphere, just fun. It's not the best football because there are a lot of substitutions and at least these are just training matches.

13 minutes ago, LedZed66 said:

This is correct. European Men Football has a huge problem with violence.

As far as I know France has a proper women's league and in Spain women's football became very popular over the last years. Real Madrid just bought a Women's Team.
Here in Cologne we have the German Women's Cup Final every year and it's very popular with families. It's a nice and friendly party and the kids are able to watch a football match live at the stadium without all the nasty circumstances that come along with the men's matches.

But I feel safe at the men's matches. We go by bicycle and everything is well organised inside the stadium.

Yes they do. Alex Morgan played over there during the NWSL offseason a couple of years ago, before returning to the Pride. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes he is playing tonight.  He was suspended back in May when he was supposed to play us. If he takes off his shirt tonight, Mrs W might just end up on the pitch! 🤣🤣🤣 

Thanks, we will.

21 hours ago, Walter said:

Yes he is playing tonight.  He was suspended back in May when he was supposed to play us. If he takes off his shirt tonight, Mrs W might just end up on the pitch! 🤣🤣🤣 

Thanks, we will.

Yeah, I'm with Mrs. W  :)  but I think Zlatan's scorpion kick goals are the real eye candy. Ibra was one of the most spectacular players ever.
Did the big names put on a great show?

Zlatan only played 25 min, which disappointed Mrs W, as it was raining through most of the game. Atlético de Madrid obviously outclassed the mls all-stars...but didn’t hang 7 goals on them as they did Real Madrid recently. Rooney looked good, Nani played alright, our fans were brutal on the Atlanta players. Overall a fun night - we ended up hanging with a group of friends at The Wall (supporters section) instead of going to our seats. It’s always fun hanging with a bunch of English fans at soccer matches. :D 

• 3 weeks later...

To my pals across the pond, why so much respect for Wolverton vs Manchester United tomorrow?  Vegas has MU as only -1/2 ?  Shocking after the number they did on Chelsea.  Is Chelsea this bad or just one of those games?  What can I expect from Leicester tomorrow?  Any shot?  It appears that Manchester City is going to be a beast once again

On 8/17/2019 at 12:46 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

To my pals across the pond, why so much respect for Wolverton vs Manchester United tomorrow?  Vegas has MU as only -1/2 ?  Shocking after the number they did on Chelsea.  Is Chelsea this bad or just one of those games?  What can I expect from Leicester tomorrow?  Any shot?  It appears that Manchester City is going to be a beast once again

Not quite sure where "Wolverton" is? Have checked in my "Boy's book of places in England" but can't seem to find it. @JTM Can you help me out man?

Poor from United last evening. Same old as last season. To be fair cracking save from Wolverton's keeper but again poor from Pogba.

4 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Not quite sure where "Wolverton" is? Have checked in my "Boy's book of places in England" but can't seem to find it. @JTM Can you help me out man?

Poor from United last evening. Same old as last season. To be fair cracking save from Wolverton's keeper but again poor from Pogba.

Wolverton, didn't they get fined for making an illegal approach to snatch "Roy of the Rovers", they may have had points deducted too. 😉

The Special One has turned into a TV pundit???? Probably the only job in football business he is able to land at the moment. Where did it all go wrong, José? :smack:

Paul Pogba is such an incredibly talented player. But he is more a poser than a player. He will never make my favorite football player list 🚫

:soapbox:   Ok, I'm in a bashing mood. Coutinho or how to burn money in modern football

2018 - for a transaction fee of €142 million from Liverpool to Barcelona
2019 - for a loan fee of €8.5 million from Barcelona to Bayern München

Més que un club?  :bravo:

On 8/20/2019 at 7:50 PM, LedZed66 said:

Paul Pogba is such an incredibly talented player. But he is more a poser than a player. He will never make my favorite football player list 🚫

Can't take penalties either.;)

Being a United man myself, I can't understand why we didn't get rid of him in the summer and buy someone who can a) be a team player and b) actually look like he wants to play for the club. As last season, wash, rinse and repeat.