football

craigled

Anfield was rocking!

Very well chuffed and a little surprised at the result. I mean, this wasn't Crystal Palace or Tottenham the Reds were facing...it was Manchester City, who won the EPL last season. But it was over before I finished my first cup of tea.

For the first five minutes I wondered if Liverpool would ever possess the ball. Then, a quick counter-attack and a laser shot by Fabinho and all that hard work by Man City was for naught. From then on, the Reds were loose and the Blues were left singing the blues.

Time and time again Man City would work up an attack only to fail at putting the ball in the net. Then Liverpool would mount a quick counter and in the blink of an eye the ball would be in the back of the net. At least two or three excellent scoring chances in the box for Man City evaporated due to bad positioning or nerves. One shot literally bounced off the post.

It could very well have been 3-2 in Man City's favour at the break.

It has been 30 years since Liverpool won the league. That's why I am not getting too high over this result. They were 10 points clear at the Christmas break last year and we saw what happened. Man City surged past them and Liverpool fell short by a point on the final day of the season.

There is still a long way to go.

P.S. Very impressed and moved by the Minute of Silence for Remembrance Day (Veterans Day in America). Thank you Liverpool for demonstrating what a true 'Minute of Silence' looks and sounds like.

One...it was actually a full minute long. Not 30 or 45 seconds which is what often happens at these public "minute of silence". Two...it was actually completely SILENT! That never happens in the U.S. at sporting events. There is always some jabroni that has to yell "USA" or shout the name of their team or yell "Freebird" (yes, I have heard this happen). Of course, it will come as no surprise to people from other countries that Americans cannot keep their mouths shut. Hahaha.

Edited by Strider

• 2 weeks later...

José's back in town - smiling and wining.

I'm sorry for Pochettino. He did such a great job at Tottenham. I watched some of their CL matches over the last 2 years and was delighted. They played very well, very entertaining football.

On 11/12/2019 at 3:38 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Go see the Premier League Standings!!!!  Leicester City sits in number 2.  Yes, ahead of mighty Manchester City and Man United and Chelsea and Arsenal.  Only  Liverpool have a better record.  I welcome the visit that will be not too far away.  GO LEICESTER CITY!!!!!!!

Circle December 26 on your calendar. That is when Liverpool FC travels to Leicester City. The Reds are already one-up in their head-to-head matchups, having nipped Leicester City 2-1 at Anfield last month.

So tell me how this works?  I can’t believe my eyes looking at the PL standings.  Liverpool 40 points and Leicester City tied with MC for 2nd e 29.  Do you get 3 points for a regulation win?  Leicester has not lost in some time.  Do you ha r any kind of playoff?  Seems a bit like our hockey season with no playoffs that I know of.  So what if Leicester were tied w Liverpool at the end?  Chillumpuffer?

12 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

So tell me how this works?  I can’t believe my eyes looking at the PL standings.  Liverpool 40 points and Leicester City tied with MC for 2nd e 29.  Do you get 3 points for a regulation win?  Leicester has not lost in some time.  Do you ha r any kind of playoff?  Seems a bit like our hockey season with no playoffs that I know of.  So what if Leicester were tied w Liverpool at the end?  Chillumpuffer?

Head-to-head records, goal differential, and goals scored are the tiebreakers used.

On 11/30/2019 at 6:35 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

3 points for a win. 1 point for a draw (tie in your case) Sans points for losing.

At the end of the season if, say, Liverpool and Leicester City had the same amount of points, 90 for argument sakes, then it is on goal difference. How many you score to how many goals you let in. If that is the same ( rarely) then it is how many goals you have scored. IF that is the same then it is the results against each other over the 2 games played over the season. If that is the same (ie a draw in both games) then fuck knows?

On 12/2/2019 at 3:21 AM, chillumpuffer said:

3 points for a win. 1 point for a draw (tie in your case) Sans points for losing.

At the end of the season if, say, Liverpool and Leicester City had the same amount of points, 90 for argument sakes, then it is on goal difference. How many you score to how many goals you let in. If that is the same ( rarely) then it is how many goals you have scored. IF that is the same then it is the results against each other over the 2 games played over the season. If that is the same (ie a draw in both games) then fuck knows?

OK. thanks.  Very strange no playoffs

3 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

:D Great game and a great result. Pity their "supporters" couldn't behave themselves?

Great win for you!

Yeah I saw the MC supporters...this type of behavior is becoming way too common anymore. The roaches need to go back under their rocks!

• 2 weeks later...