football

craigled

How in Gods name can Leicester City be the 2nd best team?  They look like Watford today.  No time with the ball.  Its a miracle its not 3-0

That huge win for MC over them last year was a far better performance.  Not sure if this is Leicester at their best?  Not their best game and its only 1-0 as I type so still not too late. Vardy just fouled.  My boy.  Now get one damn it

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

• 3 weeks later...

As I post this Leicester City and Southampton are tied 1-1.  I now remember the last time these teams met.  9-0!!!!!  Yes.  9-0 Leicester City and to this day I do not understand that outcome.  I mean, no doubt the better squad won.  But, how in Gods name in a sport where goals are so hard to come by does a team hang a 9 spot?  I mean Southampton must have deliberately been sending a message to their coach or something?  Had to have quit on him for some time?  Its not easy to score 9 goals in two months of SOCCER.  And SOCCER IS WHAT THIS IS.  NOT FOOTBALL.

5 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

As I post this Leicester City and Southampton are tied 1-1.  I now remember the last time these teams met.  9-0!!!!!  Yes.  9-0 Leicester City and to this day I do not understand that outcome.  I mean, no doubt the better squad won.  But, how in Gods name in a sport where goals are so hard to come by does a team hang a 9 spot?  I mean Southampton must have deliberately been sending a message to their coach or something?  Had to have quit on him for some time?  Its not easy to score 9 goals in two months of SOCCER.  And SOCCER IS WHAT THIS IS.  NOT FOOTBALL.

0:9 - no problem with an austrian contribution (Coach R. Hasenhüttl)

I have lively memories of Spain vs Austria way back in 1999. The game took place in Valencia, a qualifier for the UEFA European Championship.

After Spain´s third goal my friends & me wanted Spain to destroy the austrian clown squad, and they did. Spain won 9:0.

Btw, we know that you call it Soccer, and you know that it is called Football in the UK, rest of Europe & God knows where else.......

1 hour ago, Autumn Moon said:

0:9 - no problem with an austrian contribution (Coach R. Hasenhüttl)

I have lively memories of Spain vs Austria way back in 1999. The game took place in Valencia, a qualifier for the UEFA European Championship.

After Spain´s third goal my friends & me wanted Spain to destroy the austrian clown squad, and they did. Spain won 9:0.

Btw, we know that you call it Soccer, and you know that it is called Football in the UK, rest of Europe & God knows where else.......

Its soccer here.  Because we have a different kind of football that might be coming there?  I really believe London will get an NFL team.  I hope they do.  You only have to play once a week to allow the travel.  Only sport they could pull it off without having a team unfairly play on the road or home for long stretch's.  but the NBA (basketball) and NHL( Hockey) have taken off their as well.  Baseball is more of a Japanese sport outside the USA

Here we go...time for Liverpool to kick the shit out of Manchester United. Or...can Man U stir themselves to 'win one for the Gipper' and pull off the upset?

Liverpool is due for a loss at some point, right? I get the feeling the clock is ticking on their undefeated season and they are going to lay an egg one of these days. What is the EPL record anyway? Has any team ever gone an entire season unbeaten?

Sunday morning start time here in Los Angeles...which means the match will be over before the start of the NFL playoff games. All I'm doing Sunday is kicking back on the couch, drinking beer, chowing some grub, smoking some bud and watching football (UK and US) with my bros.

18 hours ago, Strider said:

Here we go...time for Liverpool to kick the shit out of Manchester United. Or...can Man U stir themselves to 'win one for the Gipper' and pull off the upset?

Liverpool is due for a loss at some point, right? I get the feeling the clock is ticking on their undefeated season and they are going to lay an egg one of these days. What is the EPL record anyway? Has any team ever gone an entire season unbeaten?

Sunday morning start time here in Los Angeles...which means the match will be over before the start of the NFL playoff games. All I'm doing Sunday is kicking back on the couch, drinking beer, chowing some grub, smoking some bud and watching football (UK and US) with my bros.

ITS SOCCER!!  LOL

Stupid rules.  NO playoff?  Stupid

On 1/19/2020 at 7:39 AM, Strider said:

Arsenal 2003-04. Pires, Viera, Bergkamp, Gilberto Silva, Thierry Henry. Great team, played fantastic football.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2020 at 2:33 AM, chillumpuffer said:

What a difference a month makes hey? Liverpool to do the quadruple??? Only the league I'm afraid - if it finishes. :tears::D

Let's hope nobody on the team gets the virus. Maybe they'll just call the whole thing off and give Liverpool the title.

On 3/27/2020 at 11:39 PM, Strider said:

Let's hope nobody on the team gets the virus. Maybe they'll just call the whole thing off and give Liverpool the title.

Not as easy as that Sean. What about the teams who could be relegated or the Champions League top 4 (5) spots? There is still a lot to play for not just the (obvious) as Liverpool winning the title. From what is happening here I will be really surprised if the 2020/21 season actually starts in August.

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Taking this German squad to win the 930 am est match.  Huge for me.  Can win the streak contest if this damn team wins for me.  Cant pronounce it or spell it. They are playing some Berlin team

Borussia Mönchengladbach vs Union Berlin?

Congrats, Mönchengladbach won 4 :1

• 4 weeks later...

Liverpool, Liverpool, Liverpool CHAMPIONS.

Forty three Major trophies, more than any other club in English football history,  right now World Club Champions, League Champions and European Champions.

Something else , nobody has ever won the league title with seven games still to play.

Edited by JTM

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2020 at 4:08 AM, JTM said:

Liverpool, Liverpool, Liverpool CHAMPIONS.

Forty three Major trophies, more than any other club in English football history,  right now World Club Champions, League Champions and European Champions.

Something else , nobody has ever won the league title with seven games still to play.

Congrats JTM. Glad for you and the Liverpool fans! 🍾🏆🍾
Ever hear from Joe? 

8 hours ago, Walter said:

Congrats JTM. Glad for you and the Liverpool fans! 🍾🏆🍾
Ever hear from Joe? 

Thanks Walter. I just noticed that I missed another trophy that Liverpool won this season, the "Super Cup". 

I only know Joe from the forum, he hasn't posted for years. Maybe he has lost interest, I remember he was banned for while. I got the impression he wasn't in the best of health, maybe that has something to do with his absence.

• 1 month later...
On 3/29/2020 at 11:47 AM, chillumpuffer said:

Not as easy as that Sean. What about the teams who could be relegated or the Champions League top 4 (5) spots? There is still a lot to play for not just the (obvious) as Liverpool winning the title. From what is happening here I will be really surprised if the 2020/21 season actually starts in August.

So how are things in the UK right now?  I hear Europe is a mess and so too is the USA. Do not let anyone fool ya.  Anyway, can you let me know if there have been  many major trades and players leaving their former teams for this upcoming season?  It appears the season will start next week.  The lines are out in Las Vegas on the games.  Is Liverpool as good as they were?  Can Man City knock them off? What are your thoughts?  You get more news on this than we do.  Hope you are doing well.   Rick

• 1 month later...