football

craigled

10 hours ago, JTM said:

Well I got that one wrong, England group winners, really didn't expect that, with no goals conceded, only two goal scored though.

Mustn't be negative be negative about the next game but it'll be either Germany, France, Portugal or Hungary, all difficult games.

Anyway, we'll see.

I fell asleep 5 minutes into the second half. Woke up at 10.30 with a half a glass of red and  half a Joint in the tray. Dull as fuck as per usual. No inspiration or quality in midfield or up front. We will be humiliated in the next round, whoever we play 

14 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

I fell asleep 5 minutes into the second half. Woke up at 10.30 with a half a glass of red and  half a Joint in the tray. Dull as fuck as per usual. No inspiration or quality in midfield or up front. We will be humiliated in the next round, whoever we play 

You missed the Jordan Henderson goal then, unfortunately chalked off for offside. I managed to stay awake, only because I fell asleep for half an hour or so watching the six o'clock news. I'm with you on the humiliation in the next game, we may be lucky if we get Hungary, bur The Germans, French, or Portuguese, no chance.

9 hours ago, JTM said:

You missed the Jordan Henderson goal then, unfortunately chalked off for offside. I managed to stay awake, only because I fell asleep for half an hour or so watching the six o'clock news. I'm with you on the humiliation in the next game, we may be lucky if we get Hungary, bur The Germans, French, or Portuguese, no chance.

Yes I missed the offside goal. :hysterical:

On 6/23/2021 at 4:19 AM, JTM said:

England can beat Germany.  Germany had the one big game vs Portugal.  They were huge favorites yesterday and tied Hungary and were lucky to escape with a tie.  I have watched both of them play and I do believe its close to a toss up but I would give England a small edge to beat them. 

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

England can beat Germany.  Germany had the one big game vs Portugal.  They were huge favorites yesterday and tied Hungary and were lucky to escape with a tie.  I have watched both of them play and I do believe its close to a toss up but I would give England a small edge to beat them. 

Don't waste your hard earned $$ on that Rick. Whilst I would love England to win a major tournament in my lifetime, I highly doubt with the manager we have, I will see it.

He (Southgate) makes grass growing look interesting. I like watching football and I think it is the only time I've nodded off mid game. Of course it could have been the stout Reefer I had sparked up or the half bottle of red I'd downed, but that is par for the course for me and I only nod off when my head hits the pillow.

I suspect the only people who think England will actually a) Score or b) win, will be the ever optimistic pundits who think England actually have a squad to pull it off. If I was a betting man, which I am not, I would put your hard earned $ on a German win or you could have a friendly bet with me?? Can I actually stay awake this time?

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

Don't waste your hard earned $$ on that Rick. Whilst I would love England to win a major tournament in my lifetime, I highly doubt with the manager we have, I will see it.

He (Southgate) makes grass growing look interesting. I like watching football and I think it is the only time I've nodded off mid game. Of course it could have been the stout Reefer I had sparked up or the half bottle of red I'd downed, but that is par for the course for me and I only nod off when my head hits the pillow.

I suspect the only people who think England will actually a) Score or b) win, will be the ever optimistic pundits who think England actually have a squad to pull it off. If I was a betting man, which I am not, I would put your hard earned $ on a German win or you could have a friendly bet with me?? Can I actually stay awake this time?

You shouldn´t be so pessimistic. The current German squad is far from the excellent team they got in 2014. "Radio" Müller is a bit under the weather, Leroy Sane`s performance is just awful, their defence is rather insecure and coach Jogi Löw doesn´t radiate confidence. So, I wouldn´t be surprised if England.........

This ought to be a great match, I bet you won´t fall asleep.

10 minutes ago, Autumn Moon said:

You shouldn´t be so pessimistic. The current German squad is far from the excellent team they got in 2014. "Radio" Müller is a bit under the weather, Leroy Sane`s performance is just awful, their defence is rather insecure and coach Jogi Löw doesn´t radiate confidence. So, I wouldn´t be surprised if England.........

This ought to be a great match, I bet you won´t fall asleep.

No falling asleep this time as the kick off is 5.00pm UK time, I will still be awake. :D

Let us all hope that it is a great match and the best team win. We need something to cheer us up. Best not have a joint or a glass of red pre match;)

4 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I don't fancy England's chances, they may possibly draw (tie), of course I'd love it if they won. Anyway, if you want to put money on this game put it on Germany to win on penalties.

27 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

No falling asleep this time as the kick off is 5.00pm UK time, I will still be awake. :D

Let us all hope that it is a great match and the best team win. We need something to cheer us up. Best not have a joint or a glass of red pre match;)

Haha, on Saturday me and some friends have to have some joints pre & during Italy vs Austria, no chance to bear a match of the Austrians without some green aid.

I guess Italy will win & progress in the tournament, and that is fine, as it is a great joy to watch them play.

7 minutes ago, Autumn Moon said:

Haha, on Saturday me and some friends have to have some joints pre & during Italy vs Austria, no chance to bear a match of the Austrians without some green aid.

I guess Italy will win & progress in the tournament, and that is fine, as it is a great joy to watch them play.

Excellent A.M. What's in the Joints? We currently have some lovely Afghan Indica buds. Very tasty indeed:drool:

3 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

Excellent A.M. What's in the Joints? We currently have some lovely Afghan Indica buds. Very tasty indeed:drool:

Plenty of nice and heady White Widow and Northern Lights is available. Although, a devastating Train Wreck would fit nicely to the Austrian efforts.

On 6/24/2021 at 10:38 AM, chillumpuffer said:

Outside of the game vs Portugal, Germany have not looked very good either

If the aliens landed on the fucking Big Ben you bloody fools would still be watching this soccer game.  You know what really makes me mad?  All the ACTING.    Guys acting like they got hurt to draw a penalty. IN the NHL, that is hockey if you do not know, you get a penalty for that shit.

21 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

You know what really makes me mad?  All the ACTING.    Guys acting like they got hurt to draw a penalty. IN the NHL, that is hockey if you do not know, you get a penalty for that shit.

No difference here: for any Oscar-worthy performance players are cautioned (yellow card), or even excluded (red card) if they have seen the yellow card before.

On 6/27/2021 at 5:58 PM, chillumpuffer said:

@Autumn Moon

......................... and the Oscar for the best acting, goes to..... Christiano Ronaldo. See his epic acting against Belgium. Runners up, all the other 21 players ;)

Two incredible entertaining games yesterday.  I cheered for Spain first.  Could not believe they let them tie the game.  I cant stand Croatia. To me Spain are the best ball control team in the world.  Brazil was.  They must improve defense.  But they can score. 

Then the miracle game by the Swiss.  After blowing the Penalty shot, on a great save, a dejected Swiss team goes down 3-1 and it looks like lights out. Who would have dreamed they could overcome that!!  Unreal.  Great two games.  Wonder how this game vs Germany will go. I hope England wins.  I am pretty confident that Sweden will beat the Ukies.  But this tournament is full of surprises.

The save by Pickford was what won this game.  Unreal.  And the miss by Mueller helped.  Very sloppy to allow them that chance, got caught sleeping. BUT, great great win!!!  Kate Middleton looked fabulous as usual.  Oh man.  Today's Jackie Kennedy.  I think she belongs with David Beckham.  

England will beat the winner of this next match.  Spain is scary good on offense. But not much defense

I’m gobsmacked, England beat Germany in a knockout tournament for the first time since 1966. No goals yet conceded, I’m not getting my hopes up just yet, one step at a time. 

24 minutes ago, JTM said:

I’m gobsmacked, England beat Germany in a knockout tournament for the first time since 1966. No goals yet conceded, I’m not getting my hopes up just yet, one step at a time. 

Im going to put back another Guinness!!!  Great win.  I expect Sweden to be the opponent on Saturday.  England should beat them.  But they are tough to score on. Spain and Switzerland is a great game  I think Spain has too much offense and will control the play  Ill take Spain in a high scoring game.  Belgium and Italy is to tough to call. Toss up.  What say ye Chill?  Oh, by the way  SOUTHGATE!!!!!  :bravo:🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

13 hours ago, JTM said:

Me too. Ukraine up next on Saturday. Fantastic result. However, no surprise we started to play when Grealish came on? Coincidence? 

Fancy our chances in Rome on Saturday. Gonna start planning.

13 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Im going to put back another Guinness!!!  Great win.  I expect Sweden to be the opponent on Saturday.  England should beat them.  But they are tough to score on. Spain and Switzerland is a great game  I think Spain has too much offense and will control the play  Ill take Spain in a high scoring game.  Belgium and Italy is to tough to call. Toss up.  What say ye Chill?  Oh, by the way  SOUTHGATE!!!!!  :bravo:🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Ukraine will be a tough opponent on Saturday, as would Sweden have been, fingers crossed.

15 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

Me too. Ukraine up next on Saturday. Fantastic result. However, no surprise we started to play when Grealish came on? Coincidence? 

Yeah, Grealish made all the difference, such a great player. Pleased that Kane got on the score sheet too, he does need to get his finger out a bit more though, his touches of the ball where barely into double figures when he scored. Have to say well done England.

On 6/30/2021 at 4:20 AM, JTM said:

Ukraine will be a tough opponent on Saturday, as would Sweden have been, fingers crossed.

Are you kidding me?  No way.  England will blow them out.  I say 4-1.  Surest bet of the weekend.  I also am taking Denmark, but I am taking parlays and flipping the Spain?Switzerland game.  I love the Spain game over 2 1/2.  I am taking Belgium but i think that is a tossup.  Belgium are without their top scorer it appears and they did not look good in last game.  The best game is Spain and Switzerland from a competitive standpoint.  Spain may be the best offense in the tournament and the best ball control team.  But their defense is not very good.  The Swiss are far under rated.  The Ukies are going to get boiled in Kraut. England have too much for them.  Sterling and Kane they have no answer for.

On 6/30/2021 at 3:57 AM, chillumpuffer said:

England will smash the Eukies.  Blow out