football

craigled

19 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

I think I know the difference between Men and Women ;)

You're a regular wise guy aren't you chillypuffer?  Or cold puffer or whatever that freakin username is?  A different breed are you!  No offense.  You are just very different.  So it was women's huh?  Ouch.  When do the mens team play again?  Do they play before the World Cup?  Is Pickford still in goal?  Do you think Pickford should be in goal?

7 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

You're a regular wise guy aren't you chillypuffer?  Or cold puffer or whatever that freakin username is?  A different breed are you!  No offense.  You are just very different.  So it was women's huh?  Ouch.  When do the mens team play again?  Do they play before the World Cup?  Is Pickford still in goal?  Do you think Pickford should be in goal?

Chillumpuffer man,

Chillum : An Indian clay pipe used to Smoke Hashish.

Puffer: Someone who does the above

Chillumpuffer: Me

I'm English. We are a indeed a different breed. We love sarcasm and our sense of humour is legendary. Also I don't take offense man. I mean you are a Yank !

I think the Dull Men's team have 2 friendlies in September. I couldn't give a flying fuck who against as I wont be watching, unless I have insomnia. Pickford in goal? See my previous sentence. It doesn't matter who's in goal. They're shit, with a shit manager. I will not be watching the World Cup on principle. I hope they get shafted by Iran ( oh please), The Welsh (pretty please) The USA - that would be the Holy Grail.

On 6/28/2022 at 1:04 PM, chillumpuffer said:

Chillumpuffer man,

Chillum : An Indian clay pipe used to Smoke Hashish.

Puffer: Someone who does the above

Chillumpuffer: Me

I'm English. We are a indeed a different breed. We love sarcasm and our sense of humour is legendary. Also I don't take offense man. I mean you are a Yank !

I think the Dull Men's team have 2 friendlies in September. I couldn't give a flying fuck who against as I wont be watching, unless I have insomnia. Pickford in goal? See my previous sentence. It doesn't matter who's in goal. They're shit, with a shit manager. I will not be watching the World Cup on principle. I hope they get shafted by Iran ( oh please), The Welsh (pretty please) The USA - that would be the Holy Grail.

It just wont happen. The 3 teams in that group are worse than England .  Yes I am American, but not a Yank.  I hate the Yankees.  I am of English descent. I cant stand this government and my allegiance is to Jesus over any damn flag.  But in the World Cup I will cheer for England and if they are as bad as you say and are whacked out of it, I may cheer for Spain. I like the way they play. The timing of it could not be worse though.  I am not watching it over my favorite team here, the Buffalo Bills who are the current favorites to win the Super Bowl. I am hoping  We have this guy at QB named Josh Allen that is just plain great.  I hope they are not playing on Thanksgiving day but it appears they may be.  Although the time will be nuts. They likely will play the games while most are sleeping in this hemosphere?

Ok Rick sorry about The Yankee dig. 

I was quite surprised at the times that the games are on. I assume it's because of the heat. All times GMT standard time (UK time)

21 November

No Hopers v Iran 13:00.

USA v Wales 19.00 which I guess would be 14.00 ish USA EST?

As I work from home I could watch the first England game should I be bothered. I also would cheer for Spain as it is my all time favourite Country. However, even though the Spanish League has 2 of the world's most successful club sides, internationally they aren't much cop. Belgium would be my pick to do well.

As I have mentioned many times before, if you go out to play trying not to lose as opposed to winning, then any team could beat the hapless English. We have no intention of playing attacking football. Just look where Harry "Over rated" Kane plays. He starts off in the opposition half and very quickly meanders down to left back and we are left with no one up front. Predictable, dull and no direction, and he's the main striker for Cliffs sake! The only reason we did well in the last World Cup and the Euros was that we bored the opposition into submission. 

Needless to say the build up will be never-ending and we will see the side practising penalties because that's the ONLY way we will put the ball into the opposition's net. Unless of course Southgate himself takes one

What you say @Autumn Moon ?

On 6/30/2022 at 3:23 PM, chillumpuffer said:

I was quite surprised at the times that the games are on. I assume it's because of the heat. All times GMT standard time (UK time)

21 November

As I work from home I could watch the first England game should I be bothered. I also would cheer for Spain as it is my all time favourite Country. However, even though the Spanish League has 2 of the world's most successful club sides, internationally they aren't much cop. Belgium would be my pick to do well.

As I have mentioned many times before, if you go out to play trying not to lose as opposed to winning, then any team could beat the hapless English. We have no intention of playing attacking football. Just look where Harry "Over rated" Kane plays. He starts off in the opposition half and very quickly meanders down to left back and we are left with no one up front. Predictable, dull and no direction, and he's the main striker for Cliffs sake! The only reason we did well in the last World Cup and the Euros was that we bored the opposition into submission. 

Needless to say the build up will be never-ending and we will see the side practising penalties because that's the ONLY way we will put the ball into the opposition's net. Unless of course Southgate himself takes one

I am still baffled about Qatar being the host for the World Cup. I used to like Spain but they gave me a hard time with their Tiki Taka style, I am glad they are doing better again. The Belgian team is extraordinary fine, but they should hurry, because all their talents are growing old. I am looking forward to seeing certain American teams. It will be refreshing to watch Argentina, Brazil or Mexico against any European team.

On 6/30/2022 at 9:23 AM, chillumpuffer said:

21 November

My faith and devotion are to God/Jesus over any damn flag, especially ours.  This 4th holiday means shit to me. This country has become a disgrace of late. A President that was in office that should have been in a straight jacket. Trump.  Worse than Nixon.  Bastard had the white house stormed.  Oops, is that politics?  Not really. Its a news flash, and the trial is all over the news here. The bastard has too much money to ever go to jail.  Where he belongs.  

As for football, I am hoping that Hungary game was what they call an anomaly.  Shit happens.  England will bounce back. Not sure they are up to the task to beat a team like Spain. But most of the big name teams like Brazil, Germany, France all have their own problems.  Add the Italians to the list. None of them are unbeatable. Its wide open to a degree. As long as you realize the Americans will be finished soon.  Maybe they beat Wales?   Iran, is the worst in the group. That I think we can agree on. 

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

My faith and devotion are to God/Jesus over any damn flag, especially ours.  This 4th holiday means shit to me. This country has become a disgrace of late. A President that was in office that should have been in a straight jacket. Trump.  Worse than Nixon.  Bastard had the white house stormed.  Oops, is that politics?  Not really. Its a news flash, and the trial is all over the news here. The bastard has too much money to ever go to jail.  Where he belongs.  

As for football, I am hoping that Hungary game was what they call an anomaly.  Shit happens.  England will bounce back. Not sure they are up to the task to beat a team like Spain. But most of the big name teams like Brazil, Germany, France all have their own problems.  Add the Italians to the list. None of them are unbeatable. Its wide open to a degree. As long as you realize the Americans will be finished soon.  Maybe they beat Wales?   Iran, is the worst in the group. That I think we can agree on. 

Yes Ok then we can agree that Iran are the worst in the group, on paper though.

The problem with England is, we have got good players, that we can agree. But, we just don't have the experience OR the direction. Yes we have the greatest league in the world, but that doesn't mean we can compete at the highest level with the players at hand. You can have the best boat in the world but with Stevie Wonder at the helm?

As I have said many times, no one in that group will fear the English. If we do make it through it will be through good luck rather than good performances. 

On 7/4/2022 at 6:36 AM, chillumpuffer said:

Yes Ok then we can agree that Iran are the worst in the group, on paper though.

The problem with England is, we have got good players, that we can agree. But, we just don't have the experience OR the direction. Yes we have the greatest league in the world, but that doesn't mean we can compete at the highest level with the players at hand. You can have the best boat in the world but with Stevie Wonder at the helm?

As I have said many times, no one in that group will fear the English. If we do make it through it will be through good luck rather than good performances. 

Come on.  They made it to the final game of the Euro final, losing on PK's to Italy.  I hate that stupid rule.  They should play until someone scores  a good goal.  Have you ever noticed there is more scoring in this sport in the second half?  You know why don't you?  Its because the defenders, especially an underdog that is trying to escape with a tie and are hell bent on defense, get tired in the 2nd half and the wall caves in.  Once the first goal is in, the flood gates are open.

England made it to the semi finals in the last World Cup and then lost to Croatia.  After the 2-0 win over Sweden, which McGuire scored that beauty, I thought they would win.  Speaking of McGuire, he could play in the NFL.  He is a big boy.  England have a far better chance than you give them credit for.  Now Hungary have upset some good teams other than England lets not forget.  Including the last WC.  

I don't have to explain again to you Rick about the last Euro's and World Cup. Yes they got through to the Final and Semi's but failed as expected

If you have a minute The WOMEN'S Euros start this evening with England taking on Austria at Old Trafford. Now there's a good side "The Lionesses" I hope the crowd wraps up  because it is colder here than in February :freezing:

On 7/6/2022 at 12:43 PM, chillumpuffer said:

I don't have to explain again to you Rick about the last Euro's and World Cup. Yes they got through to the Final and Semi's but failed as expected

If you have a minute The WOMEN'S Euros start this evening with England taking on Austria at Old Trafford. Now there's a good side "The Lionesses" I hope the crowd wraps up  because it is colder here than in February :freezing:

I think you are being a bit too pessimistic pal.  England will do better than you think.  I did not see the score but France beat Italy yesterday.  So you see how fast things change. We have few months.  Its too bad that the World Cup is going on during our NFL season. My Buffalo Bills are the favorites to win the Super Bowl this year.  They play at Detroit on Thanksgiving Day.  They should walk all over the Lions.  These are not the 3 Lions. These are the Lions that have had terrible management for ages.  Suck.  Maybe will be a bit better but no match for the Bills. that game will be first on my list and then Ill watch World Cup.  I am hoping they do not go head to head.  Its unlikely given the time.  The NFL game will be  1230 EST.  So where you are about 530 or dinner time.  I think you are about 5 hours ahead of us?  As for Qatar?  It might as well be on Mars

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/27/2022 at 9:23 AM, chillumpuffer said:

So Chilly, what teams do you think could be a surprise this year?  I suspect Newcastle will be tough in some games and be a good underdog play?  What do you say to that?  Liverpool tied.  An upset there

Good afternoon Rick

No mention of England's women winning the Euro's? Against Germany to boot. Life didn't get any better in our house last Sunday I assure you.:D

So, yes an upset at Fulham. Didn't see that one. Goes to show no ones a push over in this league?

This season? I can't see anyone but Liverpool and Man City to be honest. The usual suspects of course to fill the next 3 places. Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea. Any of these sides could be in the running. My team, Man Utd, will be crap. We haven't sign hardly anyone of note (AGAIN). Christian Eriksson was a good buy but of course he won't be featuring on the opener tomorrow against Brighton. That twat Ronaldo will play but again our midfield is poor. Fred and McTominay??? They were shit last season and I can't see any reason why it will change. Fortunately I'm away tomorrow and Monday on a golfing trip, so wont be wasting 90 minutes of my existence watching rubbish.

Hope all is well with you man? 

23 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Good afternoon Rick

No mention of England's women winning the Euro's? Against Germany to boot. Life didn't get any better in our house last Sunday I assure you.:D

So, yes an upset at Fulham. Didn't see that one. Goes to show no ones a push over in this league?

This season? I can't see anyone but Liverpool and Man City to be honest. The usual suspects of course to fill the next 3 places. Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea. Any of these sides could be in the running. My team, Man Utd, will be crap. We haven't sign hardly anyone of note (AGAIN). Christian Eriksson was a good buy but of course he won't be featuring on the opener tomorrow against Brighton. That twat Ronaldo will play but again our midfield is poor. Fred and McTominay??? They were shit last season and I can't see any reason why it will change. Fortunately I'm away tomorrow and Monday on a golfing trip, so wont be wasting 90 minutes of my existence watching rubbish.

Hope all is well with you man? 

And rubbish it is so far.  Brighton up 2-0 at the time I post this. Newcastle won 2-0.  That is my new fav team to bet on.  LOL.  Oh, and Leicester City is up 2-0.  I am not surprised by that at all

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

• 3 weeks later...

Stinking refs as bad in England as here.  Fucking Newcastle had a 1-0 lead most of the damn game.  Then Liverpool gets the tie.  But the extra time was just to allow Liverpool time to score the winner.   In a game that Newcastle should have been rewarded with at least a draw.  Newcastle is the team to watch out for as far as this years upsetter  

13 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Stinking refs as bad in England as here.  Fucking Newcastle had a 1-0 lead most of the damn game.  Then Liverpool gets the tie.  But the extra time was just to allow Liverpool time to score the winner.   In a game that Newcastle should have been rewarded with at least a draw.  Newcastle is the team to watch out for as far as this years upsetter  

Still can't see it going to any other but City and Liverpool to be honest. Yes, Arsenal have started well, however, they'll fade like the summer into Autumn. We have turned in 2 OK performances and we have your beloved Liester this evening. I expect us to bag the points which will take us up to 6th in the League (I think). 

5 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Still can't see it going to any other but City and Liverpool to be honest. Yes, Arsenal have started well, however, they'll fade like the summer into Autumn. We have turned in 2 OK performances and we have your beloved Liester this evening. I expect us to bag the points which will take us up to 6th in the League (I think). 

My new team is Newcastle.  You want to talk about good starts?  Watch out for them

On 9/2/2022 at 7:03 AM, chillumpuffer said:

One win in 5 games? Good luck in recovering your hard earned $ betting on them. Sunday's biggie: Us V Arsenal. That looks like a cracker

Several draws in there pal and they had Liverpool on the ropes until the stinking refs let the game continue past stoppage time.  Pricks.

On 9/2/2022 at 7:03 AM, chillumpuffer said:

One win in 5 games? Good luck in recovering your hard earned $ betting on them. Sunday's biggie: Us V Arsenal. That looks like a cracker

Newcastle should have beaten Liverpool and the stinking refs allowed the game to go on until they won. That was crap.  When are you going to weigh in on your former Queen fella?  Come Brit!!!!  LOL

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/27/2022 at 6:23 AM, chillumpuffer said:

That's good news for your wife. 😝

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

England women 2- USA Women 1. :hurrah:

Every dog has its day. Congrats.

Now...on to Liverpool @ Arsenal tomorrow. Bit of a sluggish start to the season so far for the Reds.