Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
craigled

football

Recommended Posts

On 5/5/2017 at 5:47 PM, craigled said:

We will paste Swansea. I think. I do tend to get all my teams predictions wrong though. The rest, United will draw. Leicester will edge a win. Liverpool will beat Southampton quite easily.

Everton let us down big time  I have a winner with Southampton as they tied and were plus a goal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One hand on the trophy! :D

Well done, Blues! (All sympathy to Middlesbrough - I was hoping you would stay up this year.)

Grab the PL title with both hands on Friday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2017 at 6:29 PM, ForEvermore said:

One hand on the trophy! :D

Well done, Blues! (All sympathy to Middlesbrough - I was hoping you would stay up this year.)

Grab the PL title with both hands on Friday!

...and you have done it! :D

Well done, Blues! Go for the double on the 27th!

 

chelsea-fc-logo-wallpapers+02.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What ridiculous fucking nonsense did I just witness with my own two eyes?  Leister City is awarded a penalty kick.  They score.  They take the fucking goal away for no good reason at all. Tried to say he took two shots?  In what world?  What the fuck are you Englishmen looking at or drinking or both?  So they take the goal away and the crowd act like they do not care.  I understand they are out of the fucking race and still polishing last years trophy and passing it around the swimming pool at Buckingham Palace?  Is there a swimming pool at Buckingham Palace?   If there is they should drown the filthy refs in it.

Vardy is my favorite player in the world.  How about that China man's goal?  Incredible

 

Blow this fucking whistle.  I have Leicester City plus 2 goals.  7 minutes stoppage time?  Really?  Just enough time to fuck me out of my win on a 5 teamer?  Up next I have Southampton, Arsenal, and Hull City tomorrow.   I also have Southampton, Arsenal and the Tottenham game over 2.5

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

What ridiculous fucking nonsense did I just witness with my own two eyes?  Leister City is awarded a penalty kick.  They score.  They take the fucking goal away for no good reason at all. Tried to say he took two shots?  In what world?  What the fuck are you Englishmen looking at or drinking or both?  So they take the goal away and the crowd act like they do not care.  I understand they are out of the fucking race and still polishing last years trophy and passing it around the swimming pool at Buckingham Palace?  Is there a swimming pool at Buckingham Palace?   If there is they should drown the filthy refs in it.

Vardy is my favorite player in the world.  How about that China man's goal?  Incredible

 

Blow this fucking whistle.  I have Leicester City plus 2 goals.  7 minutes stoppage time?  Really?  Just enough time to fuck me out of my win on a 5 teamer?  Up next I have Southampton, Arsenal, and Hull City tomorrow.   I also have Southampton, Arsenal and the Tottenham game over 2.5

When the Ref has blown the whistle to take the Penalty the player can only kick the ball once and it must be played forward, Mahrez touched the ball before he took the kick, so even though the ball ended up in the back of the net the goal was ruled out because that second touch of the ball was against the rules of play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JTM said:

When the Ref has blown the whistle to take the Penalty the player can only kick the ball once and it must be played forward, Mahrez touched the ball before he took the kick, so even though the ball ended up in the back of the net the goal was ruled out because that second touch of the ball was against the rules of play.

NEVER EVER EVER seen that before.  I did not see two touch's on TV.  That is pure bullshit.  Is not like he kicked the ball to the goal?  Its stupid just like the offside rules.

 

Hey, do you guys like my chances tomorrow?  I need Hull City to beat Chrystal Palace to cash a 4 team parlay worth $75 American currency.  I would take any 11 of us vs Chrystal Palace who in my opinion SUCK.

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

NEVER EVER EVER seen that before.  I did not see two touch's on TV.  That is pure bullshit.  Is not like he kicked the ball to the goal?  Its stupid just like the offside rules.

 

Hey, do you guys like my chances tomorrow?  I need Hull City to beat Chrystal Palace to cash a 4 team parlay worth $75 American currency.  I would take any 11 of us vs Chrystal Palace who in my opinion SUCK.

Hull must win this game to have any chance of staying in the Prem whereas Palace need to win to secure their place. I'm thinking this game could be a draw 2-2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JTM said:

Hull must win this game to have any chance of staying in the Prem whereas Palace need to win to secure their place. I'm thinking this game could be a draw 2-2. 

If its a draw I get paid for a three teamer.  I think Hull beats the dirt bags

 

Also have 3 french teams.  PSG, Angers and Nantes.    And i also need the Tottenham/MU game over 2.5.  

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this thread needs a bumping I guess.  One year until the World Cup. And I do not see anything to really fear in any of the power house teams of the last 20 years or so.  Brazil, Argentina and Germany are all ripe for the pickings.  I feel that England will have a real shot at it and there could be a sleeper in there somewhere.  Perhaps Mexico?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Well this thread needs a bumping I guess.  One year until the World Cup. And I do not see anything to really fear in any of the power house teams of the last 20 years or so.  Brazil, Argentina and Germany are all ripe for the pickings.  I feel that England will have a real shot at it and there could be a sleeper in there somewhere.  Perhaps Mexico?

They may have a shot at it Rick but it will be a blank. England are only there to cure insomnia or to make up the numbers.

On a Junior note. If you knew your history between England and Germany at Football tournaments, you should have bet your last $ on the under 21's last evening. Remember this ditty and you can't lose:

Games between England & Germany

"A game of 22 players. Germany turn up and win on penalties"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

They may have a shot at it Rick but it will be a blank. England are only there to cure insomnia or to make up the numbers.

On a Junior note. If you knew your history between England and Germany at Football tournaments, you should have bet your last $ on the under 21's last evening. Remember this ditty and you can't lose:

Games between England & Germany

"A game of 22 players. Germany turn up and win on penalties"

A 2-2 tied is not exactly domination.  It could have gone either way.  They somehow beat Mexico 1-0.  I am a bit high on Mexico and believe they are more dangerous than most know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who beat Mexico?

England Under 20's beat Venezuela in their tournament recently to win the U20's World Cup. Last evenings game was in the Under 21's Euro Cup in Poland

Whilst a draw at 2-2 is not uncommon, there must be a winner and in this case it went to extra time ( 2 half's of 15 mins) then it went to a penalty shootout. Which in familiar fashion England lost.

I can't recall England ever winning a penalty shootout, hence the phrase I mentioned above

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A long premier league season looms just ahead.  Maybe one of you guys in England should start a new thread for this years season?  Just a thought.  Any ideas on who is going to be very good?  Will Chelsea or Man United be the best teams?  What can I expect of Leicester City?  I thought baseball and hockey were long seasons. And they indeed are.  Premier league goes from August until May.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

A long premier league season looms just ahead.  Maybe one of you guys in England should start a new thread for this years season?  Just a thought.  Any ideas on who is going to be very good?  Will Chelsea or Man United be the best teams?  What can I expect of Leicester City?  I thought baseball and hockey were long seasons. And they indeed are.  Premier league goes from August until May.  

The new season will be same the same old same old top teams as per usual Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man U, Man City, Totenham. As for Leicester, who knows they have had one good season in the last thirty years or so, their title win in 2016 was most extraordinary.

Edited by JTM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

A long premier league season looms just ahead.  Maybe one of you guys in England should start a new thread for this years season?  Just a thought.  Any ideas on who is going to be very good?  Will Chelsea or Man United be the best teams?  What can I expect of Leicester City?  I thought baseball and hockey were long seasons. And they indeed are.  Premier league goes from August until May.  

Man United will be a major force this season. Tottenham maybe. Arsenal will flatter to deceive and the blue side of Manchester won't feature. Don't give a shit about the other London sides. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JTM said:

The new season will be same the same old same old top teams as per usual Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man U, Man City, Totenham.


Almost every year a different club wins the PL title. A luxury La Liga, Serie A and Bundesliga don't afford.
 
Leicester City - what an incredible title win and so well-earned.
 
Exciting months ahead of us :popcorn2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The money being spent over there is staggering! My son has been keeping me updated with all of the transfers for Man City (his fav), et all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, LedZed66 said:

Almost every year a different club wins the PL title. A luxury La Liga, Serie A and Bundesliga don't afford.
 
Leicester City - what an incredible title win and so well-earned.
 
Exciting months ahead of us :popcorn2:

Well I do not have a team really but I guess I will cheer on Leicester City as I like Vardy big time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Well I do not have a team really but I guess I will cheer on Leicester City as I like Vardy big time.

 
I don't have a team in PL either. I like a team from Spain, but at least, I like good football. I like Leicester, too. For being a "David" between the "Goliaths". Even though, they are all fat cats now ... And Vardy's career is a nice story.
 
I hope ManU will be a force this season. Will Jose Mourinho win the league title with his 5th team as a manager?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, LedZed66 said:
 
I don't have a team in PL either. I like a team from Spain, but at least, I like good football. I like Leicester, too. For being a "David" between the "Goliaths". Even though, they are all fat cats now ... And Vardy's career is a nice story.
 
I hope ManU will be a force this season. Will Jose Mourinho win the league title with his 5th team as a manager?

:thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Xolo1974 said:

Come on the reds - the reds that have won five European cups 

:yesnod: It's about time Liverpool won the prem, it's far too long since they won a league title. Fair play to Man U for ''stealing'' L'pools title record under the great management skills of Alex Ferguson, (Glazier money does not count) but maybe if Chelsea and Man C hadn't had the ability to buy their prem wins L'Pool might have had a chance. Until the Russian came along Chelsea were mid table nobodies even in the Ken Bates/Matthew Harding days, same goes for Man C they are only where they are with the massive overseas investment..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JTM said:

:yesnod: It's about time Liverpool won the prem, it's far too long since they won a league title. Fair play to Man U for ''stealing'' L'pools title record under the great management skills of Alex Ferguson, (Glazier money does not count) but maybe if Chelsea and Man C hadn't had the ability to buy their prem wins L'Pool might have had a chance. Until the Russian came along Chelsea were mid table nobodies even in the Ken Bates/Matthew Harding days, same goes for Man C they are only where they are with the massive overseas investment..

Why don't you or Chill start the new season Premier League thread?  Its just not right for me to do it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...