The Beatles thread

I think something could've happened in the early 80s, bearing in mind John and Paul were starting to get on again like they used to. It's hard to say though, the way J changed his mind so much, one day wanting to play again, the next not... Plus George H was always quite against the idea after breaking up, I think, so it couldn't have been a complete Beatles reunion. The only reason he did the Anthology project in the 90s was because he needed the money.

Something I wonder is, had they got back together and done something, what would they have done? In what direction would they have gone, musically?

We'll never know...

(dunno if this has been asked 'cause I'm new, but there's my thoughts anyway).

Yeah, maybe Paul and John could have worked together again on something. Kinda like what Page and Plant did. I do know that Paul has said his personal relationship with Lennon was getting better during the late 70's/80. But thats how it always seemed to be with them post-Beatles. They would become friends again for a while, "something would happen" (who knows what), then they wouldnt speak to each other (sometimes for years). Their friendship really seemed up and down during that decade.

I dont know much about what sort of interaction Paul had with George during this period, but I get the impression it wasnt very much. But that might be wrong, dunno. I assume it was okay with Ringo though.

About what you mentioned with Harrison doing the Anthology for financial reasons, thats not the first time I've heard that. I dont know if its true or not but I would think he would have been doing fine money wise.

Paul McCartney Cancels Japan Tour Due to Illness

By Associated Press

| May 20, 2014 3:52 AM EDT

Paul McCartney is canceling his entire Japan tour because of illness.

The former Beatle got a virus last week and canceled several appearances, apologizing online to his fans.

Now, his organizers say he is not well enough to do any of the concerts in Japan, including the one set for Wednesday at Nippon Budokan hall, where the Beatles performed during their first Japan tour in 1966.

The official site of McCartney's "Out There Japan Tour 2014" said his doctors are ordering him "complete rest."

McCartney, 71, is still scheduled for a concert in Seoul on May 28 at Jamsil Sports Complex Main Stadium, followed by 19 U.S. performances.

In Japan, two weekend concerts in Tokyo, a makeup concert scheduled for Monday, and another in Osaka Saturday were all canceled.

Tickets are being refunded from Thursday. The most expensive tickets cost 100,000 yen ($1,000) each. Some fans traveled from out of town for the concerts. Japanese are among the world's most avid followers of Western pop music.

"I'd like to thank my Japanese fans for their love, messages of support and understanding," McCartney said in a statement. "I hope to see you all again soon. Love, Paul."

Edited by SteveAJones

how can you not be a fan of two greatest rock `n` roll bands in the world... so I`m a zephead/fabboy too!.

I`ve not gotten a fav album as they all are classics on there own. I`d like to own the box set of albums released in the

U.S.A . . . but its a ££££££££££££££/$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, as I do have there LPS... my favourite Beatle is John Lennon,

Favourite song`s:

Help

Taxman

Being For The Benefit of Mr Kite!

All You Need Is Love

Hello, Goodbye

Yesterday

Love Me Do

Maxwell`s Silver Hammer

I Am A Walrus

Tomorrow Never Knows

Here Comes The Sun

Nowhere Man

Magical Mystery Tour

Something

Mean Mr Mustard

The Long And Winding Road

Getting Better

Within You Without You

Fixing A Hole

A Day In The Life

Let It Be

The Ballard Of John `N` Yoko

its a great list of Beatle song`s . . .

Quote:

midnight on a carousel ride

Reaching for gold ring down inside

Never could reach

It just slips away but I try

Yeah, maybe Paul and John could have worked together again on something. Kinda like what Page and Plant did. I do know that Paul has said his personal relationship with Lennon was getting better during the late 70's/80. But thats how it always seemed to be with them post-Beatles. They would become friends again for a while, "something would happen" (who knows what), then they wouldnt speak to each other (sometimes for years). Their friendship really seemed up and down during that decade.

I dont know much about what sort of interaction Paul had with George during this period, but I get the impression it wasnt very much. But that might be wrong, dunno. I assume it was okay with Ringo though.

About what you mentioned with Harrison doing the Anthology for financial reasons, thats not the first time I've heard that. I dont know if its true or not but I would think he would have been doing fine money wise.

You're right that John and Paul's relationship was up and down, but in the last few years of the 70s I think they were getting on much better. I don't know if it would've stayed ''up'' for long enough for them to get together and make music again, though.

No, George tried to distance himself as much as possible from anything to do with the Beatles, and there was still quite a bit of resentment towards Paul left over from the 'Let it Be' period. I don't think they were in close contact.

He wasn't on the brink of starvation, I mean he still lived in his big mansion in the country, but I believe he'd not long lent a lot of money to the Monty Python team to make 'Life of Brian'. I honestly don't think he would've done it if it weren't for this matter. I don't know if you've watched 'Anthology', but he doesn't even seem that interested in it. I don't know, that could just be me though.

Something similar to what, like you say, P&P did would've been nice.

how can you not be a fan of two greatest rock `n` roll bands in the world... so I`m a zephead/fabboy too!.

I`ve not gotten a fav album as they all are classics on there own. I`d like to own the box set of albums released in the

U.S.A . . . but its a ££££££££££££££/$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, as I do have there LPS... my favourite Beatle is John Lennon,

Favourite song`s:

Help

Taxman

Being For The Benefit of Mr Kite!

All You Need Is Love

Hello, Goodbye

Yesterday

Love Me Do

Maxwell`s Silver Hammer

I Am A Walrus

Tomorrow Never Knows

Here Comes The Sun

Nowhere Man

Magical Mystery Tour

Something

Mean Mr Mustard

The Long And Winding Road

Getting Better

Within You Without You

Fixing A Hole

A Day In The Life

Let It Be

The Ballard Of John `N` Yoko

its a great list of Beatle song`s . . .

Quote:

midnight on a carousel ride

Reaching for gold ring down inside

Never could reach

It just slips away but I try

I Saw Her Standing There

All My Loving

You Can't Do That

If I Fell

Baby's In Black

I Feel Fine

Help

Ticket to Ride

I've Just Seen a Face

Day Tripper

The Word

If I Needed Someone

Rain

Paperback Writer

Tomorrow Never Knows

Strawberry Fields Forever

Fixing a Hole

A Day in the Life

Happiness is a Warm Gun

I Am the Walrus

Yer Blues

I Want You (She's So Heavy)

Abbey Road Medley

I Me Mine

One After 909

:bravo::bravo::thanku::bravo::bravo:

Edited by Sathington Willoughby

I heard it was more than the guitar and jamming together, it could have the fact Paul sued the Beatles in `70`s...

Yeah, for some reason they were somewhat bitter about that. Still, Paul was miffed they didn't trust him re Allen Klein. The feeling was pretty much mutual.

These are some of my favorite Beatles songs that no one mentioned:

Oh darling

Girl

Don't let me down

Glass onion

I'm so tired

Sexy Sadie

Some of my favourites, too. ''I'm so tired'' was one of the first Beatles songs I ever heard, and I still love it. A highlight of the White Album.

great list of songs

Thanks! I liked yours too we chose a lot of the same ones.

Yeah, for some reason they were somewhat bitter about that. Still, Paul was miffed they didn't trust him re Allen Klein. The feeling was pretty much mutual.

Some of my favourites, too. ''I'm so tired'' was one of the first Beatles songs I ever heard, and I still love it. A highlight of the White Album.

This is the song that got me into them. 1:48-3:22 FTW!

"Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!"/"I Want You (She's So Heavy)"/"Helter Skelter"

Edited by Sathington Willoughby

yeah we did there are loads more song`s like:

Back In The U. S. S. R

Come Together

While My Guitar Gentle Weeps

Yer Blues

the list is loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong!!!!!.

Dear Prudence

Dizzy Miss Lizzy

I Don't Want to Spoil the Party

I'll Get You

Please Mr. Postman

We Can Work It Out

I'm Only Sleeping

And I Love Her

In My Life

:stereo:

Paul McCartney Cancels Japan Tour Due to Illness

By Associated Press

| May 20, 2014 3:52 AM EDT

Paul McCartney is canceling his entire Japan tour because of illness.

The former Beatle got a virus last week and canceled several appearances, apologizing online to his fans.

Now, his organizers say he is not well enough to do any of the concerts in Japan, including the one set for Wednesday at Nippon Budokan hall, where the Beatles performed during their first Japan tour in 1966.

The official site of McCartney's "Out There Japan Tour 2014" said his doctors are ordering him "complete rest."

McCartney, 71, is still scheduled for a concert in Seoul on May 28 at Jamsil Sports Complex Main Stadium, followed by 19 U.S. performances.

In Japan, two weekend concerts in Tokyo, a makeup concert scheduled for Monday, and another in Osaka Saturday were all canceled.

Tickets are being refunded from Thursday. The most expensive tickets cost 100,000 yen ($1,000) each. Some fans traveled from out of town for the concerts. Japanese are among the world's most avid followers of Western pop music.

"I'd like to thank my Japanese fans for their love, messages of support and understanding," McCartney said in a statement. "I hope to see you all again soon. Love, Paul."

That's terrible news. Did you have tickets SAJ? Hopefully, Paul recovers and can soon reschedule the tour

As for the "would the Beatles reunite if John Lennon were still alive?" discussion that's been going on, I have to imagine that as time passed and they saw all these other bands getting back together, that eventually whatever was keeping them apart would either be mended or forgotten over time and they would have reunited for some cause or another. Maybe they would have done LIve Aid? Or the Hurricane Katrina concert...or the Concert for New York City?

That's terrible news. Did you have tickets SAJ? Hopefully, Paul recovers and can soon reschedule the tour

I did not obtain tickets as I've been rather busy later. If by some chance the dates are rescheduled I'd definitely be interested in attending. Since my previous post Paul has also cancelled what was to have been his first concert in South Korea.

"I was really looking forward to visiting and playing in South Korea for the first time and I'm sorry to be letting fans down," McCartney was quoted as saying in a statement released by Seoul-based Hyundai Card Co. Ltd., an organizer for his South Korea concert. "I'm very disappointed by this and hope to be able to visit soon."

The statement said that "Paul is still not feeling better and this cancellation is unavoidable."

• 4 weeks later...

Shame Spector ignored him anyway. Can totally understand why Paul didn't like him. I hate what he did to LIB, though I suppose he did the best he could with a bunch of crap tapes.

Anwyay, happy birthday Paul. I'll be listening to this