The Beatles thread

How's it going "Jahfin?" Here's something that will blow your mind or maybe you already have them. I own two different BEATLES BOOTLEG MFSL ORIGINAL MASTER RECORDING collections on COMPACT DISC! Someone decided to get the very best BEATLES complete MFSL ORIGINAL MASTER RECORDING LP/Vinyl collections with no pops and scratches and digitally remaster and remix them in the studio onto a new master tape. In Russia, in 2004, RMG Records released the complete BEATLES MILLENIUM REMASTERS MFSL CD COLLECTION which are also 24 bit mastering audiophile archival recordings. Let me be the first (Or maybe not) to tell you that this CD collection sounds INCREDIBLE! These albums sound better than any other legitimate BEATLES ever released and would blow your mind. Another INCREDIBLE BEATLES COMPLETE MFSL ORIGINAL MASTER RECORDING COLLECTION was released in Italy in 1990 on 24 KT. Gold CD's. This collection also sounds incredibly breathtaking. Both of these collections are the BEST BEATLES recordings ever to date, at least so far. I can't wait for the new BEATLES Digitally Remastered re-releases on 9 September 2009, you can rest asure that I will be in the long lines to buy all of them. ROCK ON!

Can't say I support bootleggers at all but I guess like a lot of us they got tired of waiting for the remasters and did something to meet the very obvious demand. More info on those recordings here..

Can't say I support bootleggers at all but I guess like a lot of us they got tired of waiting for the remasters and did something to meet the very obvious demand. More info on those recordings here..

How's it going "Jahfin?" Thanks for that info. You still have to hear these CD's to believe it if you ever get a chance. The link containing the article that you attached is referring to Dr. Ebbetts as being the doctor discussed in the article. Dr. Ebbetts has made a career of putting many of the same quality bootlegs on his CD label. I know because I own a lot of Dr. Ebbetts CD's. Believe it or not, many bootleg BEATLES CD albums sound even better than the legitimate BEATLES CD releases. ROCK ON!

How's it going "~tangerine~" as well as our fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics. I thought that it was a quarter of a million dollars. I sure wish that it was Sunday morning today. ROCK ON!

Doesn't matter, i plan on saving a little dough so i can purchase it without guilt! My daughter being a Beatles fan since she could talk/sing will adore listening to this catalog with me!!! You know, i first listened to the Beatles when i was 13 going on 14 (had been a Zeppelin fan for a couple of years by then) because new friends and a new boyfriend in particular played their music while we hung out and partyed (spelling?) ... but what also made my love for the Beatles grow strong, was the fantastic DJ's back in the mid to late 70's who played the Breakfast with the Beatles every Sunday morning, and many all Beatles weekends, or Beatles A to Z... Helen Light was the first one i listened to who played them lovingly every Sunday morning. Great music on the radio back then! Do you have radio stations today where you live and have lived that devote time to the Beatles?

Doesn't matter, i plan on saving a little dough so i can purchase it without guilt! My daughter being a Beatles fan since she could talk/sing will adore listening to this catalog with me!!! You know, i first listened to the Beatles when i was 13 going on 14 (had been a Zeppelin fan for a couple of years by then) because new friends and a new boyfriend in particular played their music while we hung out and partyed (spelling?) ... but what also made my love for the Beatles grow strong, was the fantastic DJ's back in the mid to late 70's who played the Breakfast with the Beatles every Sunday morning, and many all Beatles weekends, or Beatles A to Z... Helen Light was the first one i listened to who played them lovingly every Sunday morning. Great music on the radio back then! Do you have radio stations today where you live and have lived that devote time to the Beatles?

How's it going "~tangerine~?" I remember K-ZAP 98.5 in Sacramento, California used to have the "ticket To Ride" BEATLES' shows on Sunday morning in the late 1970's. Oh how I miss those Sunday mornings, that was my sacred church services on Sunday mornings. Like LED ZEPPELIN, I can listen to THE BEATLES all day and never get tired. I also plan on being in the long lines with my fellow BEATLES fanatics when the new BEATLES catalog of albums are re-released on 9 September 2009. ROCK ON!

Do you have radio stations today where you live and have lived that devote time to the Beatles?

Aside from the college stations and ones that carry NPR I gave up on local radio several years ago and signed up for satellite. Prior to that there was at least one AOR (Album Oriented Rock) station that did the Beatles A To Z weekends. While that was great and I'm a huge Beatles fan, it led to me getting a bit burnt out on the Beatles at one time. By the way, Breakfast With Beatles still lives on.

Edited by Jahfin

I can't believe a band and their engineer's would spend so much time and technical effort on a sound project and then bow to the mp3 consumers. It sounds like it's only business hurdles preventing it and it should be based on quality. Sell outs permiate everything now.

Anyone clamouring for mp3's of the Beatles finely remastered catalog is an ignoramus.

It makes absolutely NO SENSE.

I'll be getting both boxsets even though I have about as pristine of cd's of these that's been available through Dr. Ebbett's releases. They're from analog vinyl but the digital transfers are immaculate and taken from meticulously handled product, both mono and stereo. ZeppFanForever knows what I'm talking about.

How's it going "Jimmy's Bolero?" It feels great conversing with someone that has knowledge of THE BEATLES DR. EBBETTS CD releases. I own lots and lots of them. You're right, someone that worked in a recording studio recorded, remixed and digitally remastered perfectly new, pop and scratch free BEATLES MFSL ORIGINAL MASTER RECORDING Vinyl/LP albums onto new master tapes and illegitimately released it in a CD format. Dr. Ebbetts claimed that his remixes of THE BEATLES MFSL CD releases were more superior to that of both THE BEATLES COMPLETE MILLENIUM REMASTERS MFSL CD COLLECTION from 2004 and the famous first and only Italian made BEATLES MFSL 24 KT. GOLD CD COLLECTION from 1990 that sold for as much as $24,000 (Yes, you read it right, $24,000). In reality, in my opinion, the Dr. Ebbetts' BEATLES releases are pretty much equivalent to the other two collection releases because Dr. Ebbetts is using both of the collections that I mentioned as the music source. The newest BEATLES DR. EBBETTS / MFSL BLUE BOX SET sounds just like THE BEATLES MFSL 24 KT. GOLD CD COLLECTION because Dr. Ebbetts is using the same exact BEATLES MFSL 24 KT. GOLD CD COLLECTION as the music source. I own all of THE BEATLES collections that I have mentioned to you and more. There are two albums that I am really impressed with that were released by Dr. Ebbetts and they are (1.) THE BEATLES LAST LICKS LIVE (The Rooftop Concert) and (2.) THE BEATLES LIVE AT THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL 1964 2-CD SET. Both of these albums are the best sounding bootlegs of their kind ever. None of the sound quality from the previous Rooftop Concerts and Hollywood Bowl concert bootleg CD's even come close to these two Dr. Ebbetts' releases. I better stop for now, I can talk about these collections forever. I know that you understand me "Jimmy's Bolero." I'd like to talk more with you about these BEATLES collections sometime. Believe it or not, all of these collections sound better than any released BEATLES album CD's ever to date. Despite all of this, I still plan on being in the long lines with our fellow die hard BEATLES fanatics on 9 September 2009 and buy the whole BEATLES CD CATALOG COLLECTION. I just hope that some day, Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab (MFSL) will release the whole BEATLES CATALOG in the ORIGINAL MASTER RECORDING ULTRADISC II series on 24 KT. GOLD CD'S. That would be the ALL-TIME BEST ULTIMATE BEATLES sound ever available. ROCK ON!

Edited by ZeppFanForever

Yes ZFF we're in the same boat.

I've been a hardcore Beatle fan since that February in 1964. I even got sent home from school that Monday after the first Ed Sullivan appearance for singing to often and loudly in class !!!! :lol:

I dare say there's NOT a bigger Beatle fan here than me. Matched? OK, but not superceded !!!!!!!!

I started buying imported Beatle (and others) vinyl in 1974 when the US vinyl was so SHITTY because of the oil shortage and the recycling of record vinyl. Those were superior pressings, both older Beatle releases and contemporary releases of the mid 70s.

I've always been about the BEST sound quality possible and this mp3 crap over the last, what, 8-10 years maybe, disgusts me. It's truly unbelievable that the populace has allowed an inferior standard of sound to take over. I'm mortified.

I'm surrounded by sound engineers/producers and artists who HATE it too, but many of them are directed by their record labels and the "market" and are locked into it, albiet reluctantly. I did sound mixing and producing in my past and went to school for it but HATED the business so I've allowed myself to be as pure as I can with it as a LOVE. I've remained a true AMATEUR...for the PURE LOVE of it. AMOUR....:DTranslated from its French origin to the English "lover of", the term "amateur" reflects a voluntary motivation to work as a result of personal passion for a particular activity.

Yes, I don't have to compromise and WON'T.

How's it going "Jimmy's Bolero?" According to my parents, I was a BEATLES fan on that Sunday night of 9 February 1964 at the age of 3 when I saw them on the Ed Sullivan show. What do you think of Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab (MFSL), Audio Fidelity and DCC Classics? I own thousands of 24 Kt. Gold CD's from MFSL, Audio Fidelity and DCC Classics. I also own THE BEATLES COMPLETE MFSL ORIGINAL MASTER RECORDING Vinyl/LP Collection as well as THE ROLLING STONES COMPLETE MFSL ORIGINAL MASTER RECORDING Vinyl/LP Collection and LED ZEPPELIN II MFSL ORIGINAL MASTER RECORDING Vinyl/LP. I also feel confident that you have a very big BEATLES collection like I do. I own genuine original unused BEATLES concert tickets from the HOLLYWOOD BOWL 23 August 1964 and 29 & 30 August 1965, SHEA STADIUM 15 August 1965, 23 August 1966 and CANDLESTICK PARK 29 August 1966. It cost me thousands of dollars, but I finally own them. I also own lots of original LED ZEPPELIN concert tickets including the two LED ZEPPELIN concert tickets that I saw live at THE FORUM on 23 June 1977 and one month later at the OAKLAND COLISEUM on 23 July 1977. Have you heard the new internal line feed version of SHEA STADIUM 15 August 1965? It sounds incredibly better then any of THE BEATLES SHEA STADIUM sound quality on DVD. I just purchased the new BEATLES AT SHEA bootleg DVD with the new internal line feed sound version, I can't wait to hear it. Like I said, we have to talk BEATLES one of these days. ROCK ON!

Meh <_< after 40 mil decibels blowing through my head it all sounds the same to me.

As long as I "Can" hear it I'm happy, same goes with HD TV with my aging eyes it all looks like standard to me :rolleyes:

How's it going "Dzldoc" A.K.A. Charles my buddy? I can tell that you are getting better everyday. C-O-O-L!!!!!! I have a very discriminating ear for music. I want to hear the ultimate sound. You say that you like to hear music at 40 mil dB, well I love to hear music at 90-100 mil dB. I can tell that you haven't heard any BEATLES albums by Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab (MFSL) yet. Its a whole new world my friend. Just imagine listening to THE BEATLES with higher volumes, perfect powerful bass, high treble with no static and hissing in crisp clear sound quality. That is sound perfection Charles. You can't get any better than that. Just when you think that you have heard the ultimate BEATLES or LED ZEPPELIN music in perfect sound quality, listen to them by MFSL. Your eyes and ears will be opened to a whole new world of sound unimagineable. ROCK ON my friend!

I think the Love remixes of "Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows" and "Strawberry Fields Forever" are the best Beatles songs. The lyrics to Within You Without You are really deep and go perfect with the other songs' instrumentation, and the end of Strawberry Fields blends just right with the end of Hello, Goodbye.

Edited by MisterMcLov1n

Yeah, he's still good B) Saw his live concert last year. It would have been great if he hadn't sung such many his own songs .

I'll admit I much prefer his work with the Beatles over the vast majority of his solo material but if you're going to a Paul McCartney concert one should fully expect him to perform a good deal of his own stuff as well.

My excitement for these impending releases just went down a notch as I see where they're getting the digipak treatment. I'm all for saving the environment but don't see where plastic jewel cases are doing all that much harm. It's been my experience that a lot of digipaks just don't stand up to the punishment many of us give our CDs even if we're not being all that hard on them. The cardboard sleeves are also notorious for scratching up CDs so the least they could have done is use trays in the packaging. You can read more info on the remasters and see the packaging here.

Edited by Jahfin

My excitement for these impending releases just went down a notch as I see where they're getting the digipak treatment. I'm all for saving the environment but don't see where plastic jewel cases are doing all that much harm. It's been my experience that a lot of digipaks just don't stand up to the punishment many of us give our CDs even if we're not being all that hard on them. The cardboard sleeves are also notorious for scratching up CDs so the least they could have done is using trays in the packaging. You can read more info on the remasters and see the packaging here.

Do you think they're going the enviromental angle or just replicating vinyl album sleeves?

Do you think they're going the enviromental angle or just replicating vinyl album sleeves?

It's always been my understanding that the introduction of the digipak (along with the elimination of the CD longbox) was an environmental step in general. Of course it also makes it easier to replicate the original vinyl packaging but I believe it's an environmental thing more than anything.

It's always been my understanding that the introduction of the digipak (along with the elimination of the CD longbox) was an environmental step in general. Of course it also makes it easier to replicate the original vinyl packaging but I believe it's an environmental thing more than anything.

Makes more sense, if they wanted to keep with the retro look they would have made little paper sleeves to fit inside the cardboard :rolleyes:

I made up a song for my son to the tune of yellow submarine. His nickname is "mama's booger".

It goes, "mama's booo-ger is a boog, mama's bo-oo-ger, is a boog. This looks alot more stupid than I thought after I typed it out, but you get the picture.

How's it going "Broken Levee?" You should have called the song "Yellow Boogerine!" Ha Ha! ROCK ON!