The Beatles thread

It is the first time ever. I've just noticed a lot of folks complaining about having to buy all of the Beatles CDs again as though there have been other remasters.

How's it going "Jahfin?" I thought that both THE BEATLES "THE CAPITOL ALBUMS" VOLUMES 1 & 2 were Digitally Remastered but they are not. They were only remastered from the original master tapes. The collection that is going to be released in September will be the first. I hope that sounds right. ROCK ON!

How's it going "Jahfin?" I thought that both THE BEATLES "THE CAPITOL ALBUMS" VOLUMES 1 & 2 were Digitally Remastered but they are not. They were only remastered from the original master tapes. The collection that is going to be released in September will be the first. I hope that sounds right. ROCK ON!

I'm not understanding your post. The tapes for the Capitol boxsets WERE remastered from the "Capitol tape mix". The September release will be the first time the ENTIRE catalog is to be remastered.

In 1987 a few of the original cd's were released as remastered versions. Help (ADD), Rubber Soul(ADD), Magical Mystery Tour, Abbey Road were among those remastered (Check your cd booklets and see there). The others were "just" mastered for cd.

Then "1", "Love", Let it Be "Naked" and the redone "Yellow Submarine" featured remastered product. Plus all the music on the Anthologies (outtakes, partial takes and finished takes) were remastered too.

I'll still get the boxsets of the newest remasters though, knowing they'll be superior to anything before it too.

And as far as my "fifth" time getting their catalog, I'm talking original albums, singles, imports, reissues, cd's etc. I hadn't gotten EVERYTHING 5 times, but much of it, YES !

Edited by RoundRobin

I'm not understanding your post. The tapes for the Capitol boxsets WERE remastered from the "Capitol tape mix". The September release will be the first time the ENTIRE catalog is to be remastered.

In 1987 a few of the original cd's were released as remastered versions. Help (ADD), Rubber Soul(ADD), Magical Mystery Tour, Abbey Road were among those remastered (Check your cd booklets and see there). The others were "just" mastered for cd.

Then "1", "Love", Let it Be "Naked" and the redone "Yellow Submarine" featured remastered product. Plus all the music on the Anthologies (outtakes, partial takes and finished takes) were remastered too.

I'll still get the boxsets of the newest remasters though, knowing they'll be superior to anything before it too.

And as far as my "fifth" time getting their catalog, I'm talking original albums, singles, imports, reissues, cd's etc. I hadn't gotten EVERYTHING 5 times, but much of it, YES !

How's it going "RoundRobin?" I know that it sounds confusing and it is even more confusing since I am really drunk. We're talking about THE BEATLES Remastered versions that have come out in the most recent years. In September 2009, for the first time, the whole BEATLES collection catalog will be DIGITALLY Remastered. There are a lot of BEATLES bootleg collections such as THE BEATLES 2004 Russian released MILLENIUM REMASTERS CD COLLECTION which is Digitally Remastered in 24 Bit Mastering using the Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab ORIGINAL MASTER RECORDING Vinyl/LP albums. This collection are on legitimate CD's and not on CD-R's. It sounds PERFECT! There was another BEATLES collection that was released in Italy in 1990 that uses the exact same process only this collection is the only one of its kind that was released on 24 KT. Gold CD's and not Gold CD-R's. I own many BEATLES collections including the two bootleg CD collections that I mentioned to you. Both of these collections sound so crisp clear and perfect, I just don't know how Capitol's Digitally Remastered releases in September 2009 is going to compete with these two bootleg collections. If you haven't heard THE BEATLES on Vinyl/LP or bootleg CD by Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab (MFSL), you have not heard the very best BEATLES recordings ever to date. ROCK ON!

Edited by ZeppFanForever

I'd love to hear those Russian cds. I remember when they were on eBay, but I didn't buy them as they were pretty expensive.

I have to correct something I said. The only music on the anthologies that was remastered was what had already been released, like the Tony Sheridan songs. My Bonnie, Ain't She Sweet etc. The other music was "mastered" with the best equipment at the time of release. The music hadn't been legitimately released previously to have ever had the need for 'remastering". The anthologies were the first legit processing for release. Sorry about my screwup.

Stuff like the isolated string parts for Eleanor Rigby were mixed and "mastered" for the anthologies. They sound "remastered" but in fact were just treated to mid 90s remixing then mastering (definately superior to mid 80s).

It seems confusing but if music had never been prepared for public consumption and release, there's no "remastering" to be done, only an first-time "mastering". :D

Edited by RoundRobin

I'd love to hear those Russian cds. I remember when they were on eBay, but I didn't buy them as they were pretty expensive.

I have to correct something I said. The only music on the anthologies that was remastered was what had already been released, like the Tony Sheridan songs. My Bonnie, Ain't She Sweet etc. The other music was "mastered" with the best equipment at the time of release. The music hadn't been legitimately released previously to have ever had the need for 'remastering". The anthologies were the first legit processing for release. Sorry about my screwup.

Stuff like the isolated string parts for Eleanor Rigby were mixed and "mastered" for the anthologies. They sound "remastered" but in fact were just treated to mid 90s remixing then mastering (definately superior to mid 80s).

It seems confusing but if music had never been prepared for public consumption and release, there's no "remastering" to be done, only an first-time "mastering". :D

How's it going "RoundRobin?" The 2004 original legitimate Russian CD releases sound PERFECT and INCREDIBLE! They're out of print now but other E-Bay sellers have been known to be selling THE BEATLES MILLENIUM REMASTERS collection on CD-R's rather than on the original legitimate Russian CD's. Have you checked out the way out of print BEATLES MFSL ORIGINAL MASTER RECORDING Vinyl/LP's for sale on E-Bay? When you log onto E-Bay, using E-bay's search engine under all catagories, key in "the beatles mfsl" and see what you get. ALL of THE BEATLES' Vinyl/LP albums are the primary music source for all of THE BEATLES MFSL Bootleg CD collections. MFSL Vinyl/LP's are the BEST ULTIMATE sounding Vinyl/LP's ever available to date. There are no pops or scratches on ANY MFSL Vinyl/LP and you can play them over and over again and they will never wear. I own both the original BEATLES and THE ROLLING STONES complete MFSL ORIGINAL MASTER RECORDING Vinyl/LP collection's from the 1980's and they look more newer and mint today than when I bought them back then and they still sound PERFECT! ROCK ON!

• 2 months later...

The Beatles albums sound great, and the fact that they sound like they're not using technology that didn't exist when they were made is very much a part of the albums themselves.

I kinda consider releases like these to be remixes. I've listened to the originals so much that anything else won't feel right.

But I'm sure they'll sound good, it's a high profile project and the source material is top notch.

The Beatles albums sound great, and the fact that they sound like they're not using technology that didn't exist when they were made is very much a part of the albums themselves.

I kinda consider releases like these to be remixes. I've listened to the originals so much that anything else won't feel right.

But I'm sure they'll sound good, it's a high profile project and the source material is top notch.

How's it going "CaliforniaUberAlles?" I hope all is well with you. In my opinion, the BEATLES bootleg MFSL CD collection sounds better than ANY BEATLES CD albums or collections to date. In my opinion, I also don't think that even the new remasters that are going to be released 9 September 2009 will top THE BEATLES bootleg MFSL CD collection. However, I am going to purchase both THE BEATLES' Stereo and Mono version collections on 9 September 2009 and give myself the satisfaction to be the judge for myself on which sounds better. ROCK ON!

Edited by ZeppFanForever

i used to idolise the beatles, cant listen to them anymore, find that their music sounds very dated and hasnt aged too well.

I only find that true with their lesser tripe- the obscure rock n roll covers on the American album versions. Everything else is either mindless fun or just really good (ie anything by Harrison past 1965).

I only find that true with their lesser tripe- the obscure rock n roll covers on the American album versions. Everything else is either mindless fun or just really good (ie anything by Harrison past 1965).

Yeah. But even the "mindless fun" -- like "She Loves You" or "I Want To Hold Your Hand" are incredibly well-crafted songs.

Some of their material hasn't aged quite as well as their best work, but most of their stuff still sounds incredibly fresh and vibrant despite the fact I've heard it a zillion times. The songs are timeless and the production was just soooo ahead of its time.

How's it going "CaliforniaUberAlles?" I hope all is well with you fellow BEATLES fan. I also have every BEATLES album and bootlegs on CD. However, you haven't heard the TRUEST sound quality or the music of THE BEATLES at its very best until you have bought THE BEATLES complete Bootleg MFSL (Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab) ORIGINAL MASTER RECORDING CD Collection. I swear, the MFSL BEATLES collection sounds so crisp and clear with lots of undistorted bass (Even at high dB or Decibals) that it actually brings THE BEATLES music to life. It is the best sounding BEATLES collection to date. I still have every intention of purchasing the Stereo and Mono versions of THE BEATLES complete collection that is due out for release on 9 September 2009. I can't wait to buy them. ROCK ON!

How's it going "CaliforniaUberAlles?" I hope all is well with you fellow BEATLES fan. I also have every BEATLES album and bootlegs on CD. However, you haven't heard the TRUEST sound quality or the music of THE BEATLES at its very best until you have bought THE BEATLES complete Bootleg MFSL (Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab) ORIGINAL MASTER RECORDING CD Collection. I swear, the MFSL BEATLES collection sounds so crisp and clear with lots of undistorted bass (Even at high dB or Decibals) that it actually brings THE BEATLES music to life. It is the best sounding BEATLES collection to date. I still have every intention of purchasing the Stereo and Mono versions of THE BEATLES complete collection that is due out for release on 9 September 2009. I can't wait to buy them. ROCK ON!

Hey ZeppFanForever. I read that the stereo mixes on The Beatles: Rock Band are actually different from the 9/9/09 remasters, in that the tracks are more blended rather than having drum tracks on the very right and bass on the very left like in the remasters. If you are buying with sound quality in mind I highly recommend the game. There's a mode where you don't have to play and just listen to the music as The Beatles are recording the songs in the studio.