The Beatles thread

Finally watched "Yellow Submarine" on Blu Ray. Looked great, clean print, no bonus of The Beatles in the studio doing "Hey Bulldog" included though. Haven't seen the original DVD in years, so I don't know if there was anything new added.

McCartney should just talk to Pete Best and include him in some of the promotions. When people bring his name up, Paul has a deer in headlights look and wants to change the topic. What's the big deal? Ringo could care less either way, but Paul and George should've made amends with him. He's patched it up with Yoko and not his former bandmate, and it's not like Pete was bugging them for royalty money or a piece of the band.

Magical Mystery Tour - McCartney doing commentary, a clean print, and the music itself. The stuff with Traffic on there, and the documentary. Not sure if they've improved some of the editing on it. I really wish they put Strawberry Fields Forever, Penny Lane, and the alternate version for Hello Goodbye on, and made a new video for Baby You're A Rich Man, just to make it a full video album.

I Sky+ 'd both shows and just watched them

I'm not the biggest Beatles fan to begin with, I only really like John, but the documentary was OK; not exactly 'revelatory' or anything

The sense of humour and fun of John, George, Ringo, and the other one was the best thing about the Magical Mystery Tour film, even though the movie itself wasn't particularly funny

I Sky+ 'd both shows and just watched them

I'm not the biggest Beatles fan to begin with, I only really like John, but the documentary was OK; not exactly 'revelatory' or anything

The sense of humour and fun of John, George, Ringo, and the other one was the best thing about the Magical Mystery Tour film, even though the movie itself wasn't particularly funny

"The other one"???? You are just showing your ignorance......What is "revelatory" never heard that word before

"The other one"???? You are just showing your ignorance......What is "revelatory" never heard that word before

I'm joking, it's not ignorance, I just don't like Paul. A little joke! Soz 'bout that

By revelatory, I mean it didn't tell me something earth-shatteringly new, didn't reveal a great unknown piece of information. There were odd interesting bits

I watched the 'Love Me Do at 50' and you're absolutely right about it (post number 401)

I'm joking, it's not ignorance, I just don't like Paul. A little joke! Soz 'bout that

By revelatory, I mean it didn't tell me something earth-shatteringly new, didn't reveal a great unknown piece of information. There were odd interesting bits

I watched the 'Love Me Do at 50' and you're absolutely right about it (post number 401)

I didn't like George or John, but I still mention them as Beatles.

• 3 weeks later...

RINGO STARR & HIS ALL STARR BAND TO TOUR THE PACIFIC RIM IN 2013

TOUR COMES ON HEELS OF 2012'S NORTH AMERICAN SUMMER DATES AND FEATURES THE SAME BAND: STEVE LUKATHER (Toto), GREGG ROLIE (Journey, Santana), RICHARD PAGE (Mr. Mister), TODD RUNDGREN, MARK RIVERA and GREGG BISSONETTE

Ringo Starr announced his All Starr Band will tour the Pacific Rim this winter with select dates in New Zealand, Australia and Japan. The band is the same line up which just completed a North American tour this past summer and features Steve Lukather (Toto), Richard Page (Mr.Mister), Todd Rundgren, Mark Rivera, Gregg Rolie (Santana & Journey)and Gregg Bissonette.

‘The tour this summer was just GREAT - I love playing with this band and I can’t wait to get back out and play with them again,” Ringo said. “I am looking forward to revisiting Japan with the All Starrs and of course New Zealand and Australia. Peace & Love!”

The tour is being produced by Dave Hart and as always fans can expect to hear a jukebox worth of hits. Ringo classic’s such as “It Don’t Come Easy”, “Photograph”, “Little Help From My Friends”, “Yellow Submarine” and “Wings”, from Starr’s recently released 17th solo record, Ringo 2012 (Hip-O/Ume). All Starr’s hits include “Rosanna,” “Broken Wings,” “Hello It’s Me,” “Black Magic Woman.”

The confirmed dates are as follows:

Feb 7 – CBS Canterbury Arena, Christchurch, New Zealand

Feb 9 – Vector Arena, Auckland, New Zealand

Feb 11 – Brisbane - Convention Center

Feb 13– Sydney - Horden Pavilion

Feb 16– Melbourne - Festival Hall

Feb 19 – Adelaide- Entertainment Centre

Feb 21 – Perth - Challenge Stadium

Feb 25 & 26 –Zepp Arena, Tokyo, Japan

Feb 27 – Zepp Hall, Nagoya, Japan

March 1 – Zepp Hall, Osaka, Japan

I looked for one and couldn't find one. Saw a few things about Lennon and Harrison but nothing of the Beatles...... and considering that we have a bunch of other threads about other famous bands I thought I'd start one on the Beatles

BeatlesPillowFight.jpg

I love the Beatles I've been addicted to them since I was fourteen and have tried to read almost every book I happened upon that looked interesting

My favorite album is Abbey Road..... it's their best album I think. Also love Rubber Soul and Revolver

So yeah, what's everybody else think?

Great Band! Trailblazers for so many. For me, "A Day In The Life" and "In My Life" are my all time favs....... I liked the Page/Plant interview (1970 New York Press Conference in the LZ DVD) where one of the reporters ask them what they think of the Beatles and Jimmy and Robert both speak highly of them. I thought that was pretty cool and respectful too especially given that the Zeps were the new kids in town and the Beatles were ending.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

^^^^ What concert was this and where did you hear about it? I've never heard of the Beatles playing any benefit or charity concerts.

Thank you for questioning that Led Dirigible for I had indeed misheard. Here it is. Paul tries to make excuses for it, but I'm not buying it.

Go to about 16 minutes in.

Edited by scythe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

What can I say? In no particular order the ones I like the best

- You've Got To Hide Your Love Away

- I Need You

- Taxman

- Yes It Is

- Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)

- I'm A Loser