The Beatles thread

I've seen and love it. Except the Bono part... he sings I am the walruss which I hate. But in general i think its pretty good. The top song for me in that film is Strawberry Fields which they make it a very angry song.

That's what has kept me from seeing it. I hate how he wants the world to know he's a long lost Beatle.

That's what has kept me from seeing it. I hate how he wants the world to know he's a long lost Beatle.

Really? I have heard Bono heap great praise on Lennon as well as the Beatles themselves but I never once got the impression that he thought he was a "long lost Beatle".

• 3 months later...

Paul McCartney Treats Liverpool to “A Day in the Life” Live Debut

More than forty years after first appearing on Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, the Beatles‘ epic “A Day in the Life” made its debut live performance at a Paul McCartney concert in Liverpool this weekend. Following a run through “Yesterday,” the opening chords of “A Day of the Life” were strummed, and McCartney launched into the verses previously sung by John Lennon while Lennon’s widow Yoko Ono watched from the crowd. The song’s long delay to the live stage was apparent as McCartney accidentally sang his own “Made the bus in seconds flat” line twice before segueing into Lennon’s “Give Peace a Chance.” Watch a clip from “A Day in the Life” here.

Daniel Kreps

• 4 weeks later...

BBC Airs Lost Beatles Interview Tape

beatles_the_02l.gif

The Beatles

A Beatles interview from the 1960s in which John Lennon and Paul McCartney discussed the way they composed songs together was broadcast on British radio today (July 1) after it was found in a film can in a damp garage in south London.

The Beatles were at the height of their immense popularity when the tape was recorded at Scottish Television studios on April 30, 1964. The band had recently toured America, winning huge audiences on the Ed Sullivan show and shooting to the top of the charts on both sides of the Atlantic.

To read the remainder of the article click here.

Edited by Jahfin

Have you noticed how Paul Mccartney's almost getting as bad as Cliff Richard these days? I mean I saw a couple of song clips from his "Memory Almost Full" album, and, shit, I just don't know what Macca is thinking...

I haven't heard any of it, yet. What is the criticism? I don't mind silly love songs, as long as the beat is bouncy...

Have you noticed how Paul Mccartney's almost getting as bad as Cliff Richard these days? I mean I saw a couple of song clips from his "Memory Almost Full" album, and, shit, I just don't know what Macca is thinking...

do you mean this-'dance tonight'

i quite like it...

this one 'ever present past' i thought was lyrically personal, musically 'pop' paul, and the video entertaining if not slightly derivative.

do you mean this-'dance tonight'

i quite like it...

this one 'ever present past' i thought was lyrically personal, musically 'pop' paul, and the video entertaining if not slightly derivative.

No 'Dance Tonight' was a good video clip

But I thought 'Ever Present Past' was just awful

• 3 months later...
I looked for one and couldn't find one. Saw a few things about Lennon and Harrison but nothing of the Beatles...... and considering that we have a bunch of other threads about other famous bands I thought I'd start one on the Beatles

BeatlesPillowFight.jpg

I love the Beatles I've been addicted to them since I was fourteen and have tried to read almost every book I happened upon that looked interesting

My favorite album is Abbey Road..... it's their best album I think. Also love Rubber Soul and Revolver

So yeah, what's everybody else think?

How's it going "achilleslaststand77" as well as my fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I am also glad that I found this thread on the GREATEST BAND MUSIC EVER PRODUCED! That's right, I'm talking about THE FAB FOUR, THE BEATLES! I have the day off today giving me a three day weekend. What can I say about THE BEATLES that hasn't already been said? THE BEATLES have recorded more number one songs and accomplished more in eight years than anybody in the history of music. THE BEATLES changed Rock n' Roll forever meaning that Rock n' Roll would never be the same again. Lennon/McCartney has been voted the greatest songwriting team of the 20th century. THE BEATLES has been voted second to ELVIS as the greatest music act of all-time. I have seen polls where THE BEATLES barely edged out ELVIS as the greatest music act of all-time. Either way, THE BEATLES is voted in the Top Two with LED ZEPPELIN making the Top 3. That's not bad at all considering the company of great legendary bands now as well as in the past. I am proud that I grew up around THE BEATLES' incredible reign and witnessed everything they accomplished in such a short period of time. There's a BEATLES fan born every minute, with that in mind, you can truly say that THE BEATLES are re-born all over again. ROCK ON!

• 3 weeks later...

All_together2517.jpg

Beatles Documentary Film Plays on Big Screen Tonight

By Tony Rutherford

Huntingtonnews.net Entertainment Editor

[from assembled press releases]

Huntington, WV (HNN) -- When “All Together Now” lights up digital screens tonight, Monday, Oct. 20, you will have, perhaps, unwittingly, have entered a quasi-Big Top. Cirque du Soleil (Circus of the Sun) reinvented The Beatles music into a synthesis of circus styles from around the world with its own central theme and storyline.

To read the rest of the article click here.

Edited by Jahfin

At least that's what I hear is the opinion of some people who would prefer noise over The Beatles and call the latter "unlistenable"

Well, whatever floats your boat.

Me? It's no secret that I absolutely love the Beatles and their music. :wub:

Still hold the title for most overrated band ever. They're no where NEAR as good as Throbbing Gristle.

beatles overrated? this is only said by musical snob elitists that want to sound hip.

what are you, a blue meanie?

i do like throbbing gristle, though. great choices in graphic illustration. so-so music. they are right up there with hawkwind and the exploding plastic inevitable, although i give the musical ability vote to hawkwind by a country mile. (an expression we use in pepperland)

the beatles still manage to affect peoples minds. i spit out gristle at dinner.

where's the beef?

if we are taking nominations for most overrated band, i would throw in the verve, velvet underground, and oasis.

notice i left out throbbing gristle. they're not even rated.

beatles overrated? this is only said by musical snob elitists that want to sound hip.

what are you, a blue meanie?

i do like throbbing gristle, though. great choices in graphic illustration. so-so music. they are right up there with hawkwind and the exploding plastic inevitable, although i give the musical ability vote to hawkwind by a country mile. (an expression we use in pepperland)

the beatles still manage to affect peoples minds. i spit out gristle at dinner.

where's the beef?

if we are taking nominations for most overrated band, i would throw in the verve, velvet underground, and oasis.

notice i left out throbbing gristle. they're not even rated.

It's a joke, yeah, but I still think that some elitists would prefer something like Gerogerigege to The Beat Alls.

Didn't finish my sentence, lol. I meant to say that they would prefer said shit over the latter, but it's insane, because even though it's a matter of opinion, I scratch my head when they say the Beatles are unlistenable when they listen to harsh noise.

Edited by DoubleNecker

The Velvet Underground are only overrated by hipster snobs :P

Like myself....except I don't have anything against The Beatles.

good one!

on a semi-serious note, a good indication of an overated band would be a career spanning box set with only four good songs on it....

....hey, the velvets qualify!

Edited by beatbo

It's a joke, yeah, but I still think that some elitists would prefer something like Gerogerigege to The Beat Alls.

Didn't finish my sentence, lol. I meant to say that they would prefer said shit over the latter, but it's insane, because even though it's a matter of opinion, I scratch my head when they say the Beatles are unlistenable when they listen to harsh noise.

i'm glad you cleared that up.