Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Agustin Lomez

What is the best audio source/version? (Knebworth 11-08 and 11-04) (Earl's Court 05-25 and 05-24)

Recommended Posts

Earl's Court 1975/05/24: He Must Be Dazed and Confused! EVSD The Final Option
Earl's Court 1975/05/25: Zeppelin Express Physical Rocket EVSD The Final Option

Knebworth 1979/08/04: "Thanks for Eleven Years" Winston Remasters Matrix
Knebworth 1979/08/11: 30th anniversary low gen video feed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a very nice sounding aud/sbd matrix of 5/25/75 by Blue Congo ( forum member) , I think he called it King Jimmy and The West Bromwich Blues Band. 

 

As stated above , Winston's matrix of 8/4/79 is really excellent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a vinyl copy of knebworth from the 80s, nice glossy photo cover of the band in the field. Definitely an audience recording, was always a fun listen except for some major skipping on my records. That being so, i listened more of the good sides (sides that didnt skip) records than my others which were being preserved for their potential thousand dollar value one day. Also, even listened to skipped sides, for certain songs.

In the 90s i bought 2 cds with only segments of earls court. I think that was a time in bootlegging where they thought, it was such a limitless or stupid bliss to the market that still....there was no quality control even with compact discs. So, no advice here, only that most material online today has to be very good compared to 80s and 90s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/02/2017 at 6:43 AM, porgie66 said:

There is a very nice sounding aud/sbd matrix of 5/25/75 by Blue Congo ( forum member) , I think he called it King Jimmy and The West Bromwich Blues Band. 

 

As stated above , Winston's matrix of 8/4/79 is really excellent. 

Yep, that's exactly what he called it, 'king Jimmy.......... I've heard quite a few versions of the show and this is the best. The Winston of the 11th August 1979 is best. As for the 4th, no idea 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2017 at 5:29 PM, Sue Dounim said:

Earl's Court 1975/05/24: He Must Be Dazed and Confused! EVSD The Final Option
Earl's Court 1975/05/25: Zeppelin Express Physical Rocket EVSD The Final Option

Knebworth 1979/08/04: "Thanks for Eleven Years" Winston Remasters Matrix
Knebworth 1979/08/11: 30th anniversary low gen video feed

Just downloaded the 08/04/1979 Winston Remasters Matrix and it is excellent. I cannot find the 08/11/1979 30th Anniversary. Is this still the version to have or is there something better that's come out in the last three years?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Page Les Paul said:

Just downloaded the 08/04/1979 Winston Remasters Matrix and it is excellent. I cannot find the 08/11/1979 30th Anniversary. Is this still the version to have or is there something better that's come out in the last three years?

8/11 had an aud. release to go with the dry sb. You would think there was a good matrix somewhere now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2020 at 9:18 PM, Page Les Paul said:

Just downloaded the 08/04/1979 Winston Remasters Matrix and it is excellent. I cannot find the 08/11/1979 30th Anniversary. Is this still the version to have or is there something better that's come out in the last three years?

I have the 08/11/1979 30th Anniversary.  Let me know if need a link.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2020 at 10:47 PM, oshular said:

I have the 08/11/1979 30th Anniversary.  Let me know if need a link.

Sending you a PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...