Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Xolo1974

Definitive Blueberry Hill

Recommended Posts

On 9/5/2019 at 8:00 AM, pluribus said:

Nite Owl’s “Ultimate Blueberry Hill” matrix is up on Dime. Sounds really good. It’s a matrix of sources 1,2,3,5 with sources 4/6 just for the intro.

There is some chorusing on the guitar during songs like Since I’ve Been Loving You, That’s the Way, Thank You. Since sounds like Page is using a chorus pedal. I think it may be from using the Rubber Dubber source during those sections, because the parts that don’t use that source (where the Rubber Dubber source is incomplete) don’t have that chorus sound.  Mix probably could have been just as good using just sources 1,3,5. Listening to Immigrant Song or Blueberry Hill, where just 1,3,5 were used sound great.

Your post with the link has been taken down. Not to worry, I have it. 

Blasted the first 30 mins in the car this morning and it sounded awesome. What impressed me was the bottom end. Brilliant. I’ll play it all later in with my headphones.

Just a thought - if the rubber dubber source compromises the quality, do you reckon nite owl could be persuaded to circulate a version that only uses sources 1, 3 and 5? 

Thanks again 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the Cobra Premium Series, the Doinker and the Winston.  I like the Cobra.  I got the Group Personal, Slumpymatrix and Eat a Peach zips from Zoso but each of them had a error with at least one track.  Anyone else heard the Cobra Premium and enjoy?  Is there another version worth seeking out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, oshular said:

I have the Cobra Premium Series, the Doinker and the Winston.  I like the Cobra.  I got the Group Personal, Slumpymatrix and Eat a Peach zips from Zoso but each of them had a error with at least one track.  Anyone else heard the Cobra Premium and enjoy?  Is there another version worth seeking out?

As mentioned by many others in the thread, the Graf Zeppelin release and recent Nite Owl matrix are worth seeking out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2019 at 7:04 PM, Xolo1974 said:

i can get you the graf zeppelin version if you want it...let me know and i will send you a link

Could I have a link for the Graf Zeppelin version please?  Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oshular said:

Could I have a link for the Graf Zeppelin version please?  Thank you

Sure thing. A few people have asked me for it, so I will send a PM later. I wouldn’t mind hearing the Cobra Premium version. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cobra Premium is really similar to the Cobla Standard version, with the exception that the Cobra Premium has noise reduction. I prefer the Cobla Standard version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pluribus said:

Cobra Premium is really similar to the Cobla Standard version, with the exception that the Cobra Premium has noise reduction. I prefer the Cobla Standard version.

Same here. It's still my go to version. I'm not sure about it's completeness and edits but it has a really nice ambient vibe to it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2019 at 11:35 AM, duckman said:

https://www.collectorsmusicreviews.com/empress-valley-label/empress-valley-issue-a-blueberry-hill-matrix/

Seemingly the folks from Empress Valley are planning to cash in on Night Owl's Labour of Love. I hope they're giving him at least the credits

A bit more info on www.argeteumastrum.com

 The Empress Valley Supreme Disc had issued Live On Blueberry Hill - a ‘stereo matrix master’ paired up from four different audience sources, new version of the 4th of September, 1970 show. This double disc set features recently torrented fan made production of this legendary gig synched and mixed together to provide the best sounding version so far.

      Available note indicates following information of sources used: * Source #1 = Neutral Zone bootleg CDs [the Blimp Records / TMOQ recording]. * Source #2 = Rubber Dubber Records bootleg LP. * Source #3 = tape source [of Mud Dogs bootleg]. * Source #5 = tape source [of Tarantura (2000) bootleg]. The lesser fidelity tape sources #4 [a/k/a Tarantura (1997)] and #6 (the most recently surfaced one) have been used to patch the introduction which is almost wholly missing from the other circulating tapes. See the Note further below for more information and identification (to the best of our ability and recollection).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2019 at 10:35 AM, duckman said:

https://www.collectorsmusicreviews.com/empress-valley-label/empress-valley-issue-a-blueberry-hill-matrix/

Seemingly the folks from Empress Valley are planning to cash in on Night Owl's Labour of Love. I hope they're giving him at least the credits

And EV has the cheek to put a "If this gets shared (torrented) then it may endanger future releases' disclaimer on their most recent releases. When they themselves take fan work and press it themselves. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they spend a lot of money getting new sources like Japan '71 etc and that's great because it's only them that's releasing them, but they can't have it both ways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2019 at 10:52 PM, johnlennon696 said:

And EV has the cheek to put a "If this gets shared (torrented) then it may endanger future releases' disclaimer on their most recent releases. When they themselves take fan work and press it themselves. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they spend a lot of money getting new sources like Japan '71 etc and that's great because it's only them that's releasing them, but they can't have it both ways.

Wholeheartedly agree! 

 

P.S. I've just bought the new 6cd  Box from EV. Had to have this new Matrix on CD! ;)

 

Edited by Mattius
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Mattius said:

Wholeheartedly agree! 

 

P.S. I've just bought the new 6cd  Box from EV. Had to have this new Matrix on CD! ;)

 

How much did that set you back? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

Bloody hell! 

Yep, Bloody Hell indeed...but IMHO  you don't need the 6CD. It's a rehash of a previous (2010) 'Duophonic release on EV. pus Night Owl's job on two extra cd's.  Seemed like a good idea to present the old Blimp/TMOQ mono tape together with the more recent stereo sources, but that Duophonic version was downright irritating...too much switching between different sources😡

I've settled for the 2CD incarnation ' BB Hill stereo Matrix' (which is of course NightOwl's only).

Edited by duckman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2019 at 3:05 PM, duckman said:

Yep, Bloody Hell indeed...but IMHO  you don't need the 6CD. It's a rehash of a previous (2010) 'Duophonic release on EV. pus Night Owl's job on two extra cd's.  Seemed like a good idea to present the old Blimp/TMOQ mono tape together with the more recent stereo sources, but that Duophonic version was downright irritating...too much switching between different sources😡

I've settled for the 2CD incarnation ' BB Hill stereo Matrix' (which is of course NightOwl's only).

I'm waiting for it still. I The first two discs are the famous TMoQ/Blimp source. The third and fourth disc collects so called third audience source, which was recently issued by the Golden Eggs earlier this year. The fifth and sixth disc reissues newly relased source matrix.

I have:-

The Original Cobla, The Eat a Peach & The Graf Zeppelin

So other than the TMoQ/Blimp source, (Which is NOT the whole recording), which appears on the Graf, the recordings on the New 6CD set are not duplicated on the ones I have plus I have the bonus of the new Matrix on CD in a very nice set!! :)

Edited by Mattius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2019 at 10:35 AM, duckman said:

https://www.collectorsmusicreviews.com/empress-valley-label/empress-valley-issue-a-blueberry-hill-matrix/

Seemingly the folks from Empress Valley are planning to cash in on Night Owl's Labour of Love. I hope they're giving him at least the credits

My 6CD version Came Today! Unfortunately as expected EVSD have not credited Night Owl. No mention whatsoever! :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Depe_ said:

Is anybody able to provide a link for the Graf Zeppelin and Nite Owl versions? Thanks a lot!

PM sent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Rover86 said:

Can someone please send me a link to the niteowl version too? 

Thank you very much! 

PM sent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...