Hard To Find Photos

ThreeSticks

I suppose this is a dead topic as there may not have been any photos taken: But is there a single confirmed photo from any of the BBC shows? Not one professional or fan photo has surfaced. I don't quite understand how that's possible-except the rumored, but not confirmed "No Camera" policy at the Beeb. But still...not one single confirmed photo from any of the 69 or 71 shows?

2 hours ago, bcarter690 said:

I suppose this is a dead topic as there may not have been any photos taken: But is there a single confirmed photo from any of the BBC shows? Not one professional or fan photo has surfaced. I don't quite understand how that's possible-except the rumored, but not confirmed "No Camera" policy at the Beeb. But still...not one single confirmed photo from any of the 69 or 71 shows?

There's a photo (mislabelled in a magazine special as being from the first rehearsal in August '68) which was identified as likely taken backstage at the March '69 BBC show. But the Beeb's no camera policy was strictly enforced from what I heard, so nothing "onstage" that I know of.

16 hours ago, 76229 said:

There's a photo (mislabelled in a magazine special as being from the first rehearsal in August '68) which was identified as likely taken backstage at the March '69 BBC show. But the Beeb's no camera policy was strictly enforced from what I heard, so nothing "onstage" that I know of.

Led Zep BBC March 1969.JPG

5 hours ago, sixpense said:

Led Zep BBC March 1969.JPG

Thank you. This is good to see. At least the no camera policy would at least explain the absence of photos.  I suppose I'm biased as my first ever exposure to live Zep was the 1971 BBC show. I've pictured it in my mind's eye a million times and would love to see just one photo from that gig-not necessarily onstage but perhaps backstage or something after the concert.

2 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

At first glance, I thought you meant without a beard. 

No worries, for a minute there I thought I was the only one who did not see a hairless Bonzo face. I am thinking from looking at Jason's facial structure he may have been extremely baby faced when he was in his early 20's and kept the facial hair (in one form or another) because he was self-conscious of this. Plus, Jason's face was kinda goofy looking in the 80's & 90's, it was not until Jason was in his 40's and grew his own facial hair that he started looking good. Some people just have a good structure for facial hair, it appears the Bonham's are in that group.

On 2/24/2017 at 8:55 AM, IpMan said:

I always wanted to see a picture of a clean shaven, adult Bonham. Something from 69' - 80' if any exist.

It seems he grew the lip warmer around 1967 and never took it off. There are some pics which you've probably seen from his teen years , like these.

Bonzo 1964.jpg

Bonzo with Nicky James.jpg

1 minute ago, porgie66 said:

It seems he grew the lip warmer around 1967 and never took it off. There are some pics which you've probably seen from his teen years , like this one. 

Bonzo 1964.jpg

I stand corrected, he looks good, damn good in fact clean shaven and does not look much like Jason at all. I guess Jason got his looks from Pat's side of the family. I mean shit, Bonham had movie star looks without the face fuzz that would have given Robert a run for his money in the looks department.

11 minutes ago, IpMan said:

I stand corrected, he looks good, damn good in fact clean shaven and does not look much like Jason at all. I guess Jason got his looks from Pat's side of the family. I mean shit, Bonham had movie star looks without the face fuzz that would have given Robert a run for his money in the looks department.

Brooding male lead, perhaps. 

I don't have any pictures of the requests above, but I see this photograph and want to ask if
it's real? I know the band did the PEOPLE  magazine cover,  however the sunglasses don't
strike me as John Bonham. 

Then again it was the late '70s 

tumblr_nta9ivjhih1uxy2owo1_500.jpg

On 2/26/2017 at 9:23 PM, KellyGirl said:

I don't have any pictures of the requests above, but I see this photograph and want to ask if
it's real? I know the band did the PEOPLE  magazine cover,  however the sunglasses don't

I know Bonham wore glasses similar to that at the 7/7/80 Berlin show.  I haven't looked to see when else he may have worn them.  This photo was used on the Cover of Grooves Magazine in July 1979, but the same shoot generated the People cover from December 1976.  I don't know when the shoot is from, but it can't be much earlier than that.

Thanks Triplet Sixteenth :) 

I'm kind of stuck.  Hmm okay I do see pictures of Bonzo wearing shades too,  but yeah I can't
tell if they are those ones either.  Something about these glasses makes me think Jackie O or,
Elton John-esque and not Bonzo - which means the image is doctored.   I could be wrong
though.  Nobody here seems to know.  C'mon people this is the simple stuff! :lol:

I love most group photos of the guys  through-out their 12 years,  but I have to say the PEOPLE
cover that made the magazine is one of my least favorite photos of the band.  Plant is wearing a
sweater Grandma made,  Jimmy reminds me of this evil villian lady who played on a The Young
And The Restless
  ( an American Soap Opera) and Jones has this lame dweeb look to him.  In
the actual photo that made the cover John Bonham looks good though.  There are just so many
other images of those guys in that same year that are very cool.

Sorry to take the thread off topic.   Back to "Hard To Find Photos!"

On 2/27/2017 at 0:23 PM, KellyGirl said:

Possibly photo shopped. Either that or a gag shot...something to lighten the mood a bit. The photo shoot was done circa October 1976 in NYC or LA while they were promoting the release of TSRTS.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2017 at 1:50 AM, ThreeSticks said:

Everything about that 1980 tour just seemed so laid back. I don't know if it was the smaller venues or the fact that Richard Cole was gone, but the whole thing seemed more intimate. There they are , LZ hanging out in a hotel lobby like normal people. So screaming fans, masses of photographers  or huge security guys (outside of Grant who could be one if needed). I would've loved to have attended one of the full gigs on that tour. I think it gets unfairly slammed at times. I listened to Berlin last night, and it was an interesting listen.

Last night I dove to the bottom of a shipping container...so here it is...the photo I have...probably making it's internet debut:

1980%2006%2022%20%20001_zpstxftihxe.jpg

1981_zps7i47aes4.jpg

1980%2006%2022%20%20002_zpsramfpkq2.jpg

Scans courtesy Steve A. Jones Archive

3 hours ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

Wow! What a shot. They must of been so low key by 1980 on the picture front the vault is quite dry

It's still hard to believe, but as far as I know Knebworth was the last proper professional photo shoot. Anything from 1980 is either shots from the May 1980 rehearsals, onstage action or offstage candids.  

2 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

It's still hard to believe, but as far as I know Knebworth was the last proper professional photo shoot. Anything from 1980 is either shots from the May 1980 rehearsals, onstage action or offstage candids.  

Surely they can't of organised the North American tour sold the tickets and not done a shoot. But knowing these lot anythings possible.

Maybe they were going to use the Knebworth shots to promote the tour. 

Archived