2017 NFL Thread

Walter

People worried about someone taking a knee during the anthem when there's literally 5,000 or so people in every stadium taking a planned piss at the same time before the game starts.  Tough to take your hat off or put your hand over your heart while holding your junk....especially when one hand is holding a beer.  I'm sure the people 5 deep at each urinal are singing along respectfully....as they stare at their phones.

Well I know this is the NFL thread, but we don't have a collegiate one.....so excuse me while I mention the absolute shit grin I'll be wearing ALL day because of my Michigan State Spartans.  Jimmy ???  What happened Jim ??  'The arrogant asses from down the road' beaten again by 'little brother' ?.....at home ?  What a beautiful day !!  Now give me a Lions victory to top things off.   

^^Record profits last season in the NFL, Paul. 

17 minutes ago, Bong-Man said:

People worried about someone taking a knee during the anthem when there's literally 5,000 or so people in every stadium taking a planned piss at the same time before the game starts.  Tough to take your hat off or put your hand over your heart while holding your junk....especially when one hand is holding a beer.  I'm sure the people 5 deep at each urinal are singing along respectfully....as they stare at their phones.

Well I know this is the NFL thread, but we don't have a collegiate one.....so excuse me while I mention the absolute shit grin I'll be wearing ALL day because of my Michigan State Spartans.  Jimmy ???  What happened Jim ??  'The arrogant asses from down the road' beaten again by 'little brother' ?.....at home ?  What a beautiful day !!  Now give me a Lions victory to top things off.   

Congrats on the Michigan State win, BM.  Harbaugh's head must be popping off!  

Syracuse picked up a rare victory, knocking off Pitt up at the Dome. Go Orange!

^ ^

Thanks Walter !  Just so you know, I would never be petty enough to ever question the integrity of the O'Malley clan.  After all, who the heck would ever want to lose to their wife in a football pool based on honor instead of money  ?  Lol....I'd rather lose cash to a bookie.        

Just ignore apantherfrommd's posts from now on, fellas. It's just a cheap Sean Hannity-like ploy to try to stir up dissension.

I guess the fact that we all had moved on from Trump's dumpster-fire tactics and were chatting about football amiably offended panther's cheap patriotism and being the "independent, libertarian" he claims to be, he decided to stumble in here weeks after we had already hashed it out and offer his own reasoned, rational take on the matter.

Well, let's see...his post included childish name-calling of Kapaernick and former President Obama (it must really gall them that history will look on President Obama's tenure favourably), he threw both Walter and Brett (potted plant) under the bus, and his arguments came straight out of the Fox-Hannity clueless playbook, betraying a complete lack of understanding of the issues at hand and of the U.S. Constitution.

Of course he's on Steve Jones side...most cheap patriots are. These macho warriors who like to pound their keyboard and throw words like "snowflake" and "libtard" around like confetti yet act like snowflakes themselves whenever someone different from them tries to exercise their rights as an American citizen.

Nice try, panther...but we ain't buying your schtick. Go get your jollies somewhere else...Russia perhaps?

3 hours ago, Walter said:

Here come the 9'ers! 

And there they go.  Maybin killed the Bills today. That and both of our top receivers being out.  But Maybin takes a ruffing the passer penalty after we stopped them 3rd and long and it would have pretty much put the Bills in position to seal the deal.  Killer.  And then he drops a sure interception in  the end zone.  I am sure McDermott will have words. This young coach I love.  We come home to play the Bucs and Raiders.  Those very average Raiders all of a sudden.  If Carr is not back we will destroy them.  I love our schedule.  We are going to be there.  It looks like my other team is going to lose a tough battle as well.  The improving Rams.  They are going to be a good team for years to come.   And so are the Bills.  Just not sure if Tyrod will be the QB next year?  We need someone better, but he is still good.  I am not blaming him for today.  Nor the defense that is lights out every week.  Just bad luck and Maybin.  A backup player tossed into a tough spot.  Dallas is knocking.  They might not have made this 4th and 1.  This is a tough loss for Dallas if they lost this.  I really thought they would take this game.  Still might

I say this is first down Dallas

Another crazy Sunday. How 'bout them Jags? :blink:

Typical Raiders...can't handle the spotlight. This goes deeper than losing Carr. The defense has not been ready from Day One. This team read their clippings and believed the hype. 

Last year they were able to come in under the radar and sneak up on teams. But everyone was ready for them this year. The Raiders are one of those teams that can't handle success...their head gets too big and they lose focus. It's always one step up and two steps back.

They will be lucky to even reach a wild card.

38 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Maybin killed the Bills today. That and both of our top receivers being out.  

Bengals had both their starting corners hurt in the first half and not return.

41 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Just bad luck and Maybin. 

A.C. Green personally handed possession to the Bills three times and the Bills still couldn't find a way to come up with 6 to win.

How much "luck" do they need?

And the last interception by Taylor? Thrown into an orange crowd and nowhere near the receiver.

Luck? How about the Bills didn't play well. Or even the Bungals outplayed the Bills.

54 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I love our schedule.  We are going to be there.

Where is it the these Bills headed? You just lost to the 1-3 Bungals. You're well known for being a gamblin' man. I'd advise you don't bet the mortgage payment on this Buffalo team. They've got bigger problems than Maybin.

54 minutes ago, Badgeholder Still said:

Bengals had both their starting corners hurt in the first half and not return.

A.C. Green personally handed possession to the Bills three times and the Bills still couldn't find a way to come up with 6 to win.

How much "luck" do they need?

And the last interception by Taylor? Thrown into an orange crowd and nowhere near the receiver.

Luck? How about the Bills didn't play well. Or even the Bungals outplayed the Bills.

Where is it the these Bills headed? You just lost to the 1-3 Bungals. You're well known for being a gamblin' man. I'd advise you don't bet the mortgage payment on this Buffalo team. They've got bigger problems than Maybin.

Well we did win in Atlanta.  And there are many games to be played in Buffalo and we are the only real competition New England is going to have in the division.  Keep your trashing, and when we are winning remember it.  And Alexander forced that fumble by Green by hitting him and knocking the ball out.  we are not deep at receiver   Even if Clay does not go down we would have beaten those Bungles.  where do you think they are going?  They are luckey it rained pitchforks to keep McCoy in check.  Buffalo has a great D but needs work on the passing game.  And its hard to do when your guys are out.  Cincy's injuries were not as signifigant

You make sure to check the injury list for the Bungles tomorrow.  Its going to be lengthy.  Carrot top is plenty messed up.  And skinny ass Green, the trash garbage mouth that he is is limping  a bit too.  You cant win them all as someone once said.  We will win far more than predicted.

41 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Well we did win in Atlanta.  And there are many games to be played in Buffalo and we are the only real competition New England is going to have in the division.  Keep your trashing, and when we are winning remember it.  And Alexander forced that fumble by Green by hitting him and knocking the ball out.  we are not deep at receiver   Even if Clay does not go down we would have beaten those Bungles.  where do you think they are going?  They are luckey it rained pitchforks to keep McCoy in check.  Buffalo has a great D but needs work on the passing game.  And its hard to do when your guys are out.  Cincy's injuries were not as signifigant

You make sure to check the injury list for the Bungles tomorrow.  Its going to be lengthy.  Carrot top is plenty messed up.  And skinny ass Green, the trash garbage mouth that he is is limping  a bit too.  You cant win them all as someone once said.  We will win far more than predicted.

Ifs and luck. What you have are excuses.

While the Pats had to squeak past the Bucs, the lowly Jets have quietly fought their way to 3-2. There aren't any clear answers in that division yet. And I wouldn't worry about the Pats until you survive KC.

I think you're confusing Green with Pac-Man. A.C.'s a class act.

16 hours ago, Walter said:

Waaay too much time 

Indeed...

Of course, if Terence Williams catches a simple pass that goes right into his arms (and the subsequent deflection doesn't lead to an easy go-ahead pick-six), the too-much-time scenario is probably moot.

However, the offensive coordinator for Dallas should give up his paycheck for this game for calling a passing play on 2nd down on our last possession near the goal line - complete or incomplete, that decision cost the Cowboys the chance to completely bleed out the clock while getting the decisive touchdown.

Well, in any case, our bye-week is coming just at the right time. Sean Lee can finally heal - his absence on defense contributed mightily to our demise. We should be hunky-dory in 2 weeks.

Football reality slaps Motown.  It's a long season, but I'm disturbed that we were outcoached again.  It was quite obvious every time Cam rolled-out, we had no answer.  The outside linebacker or End assigned to the flats had quarterback responsibilities too....  the NFL kiss of death, and no adjustments at half-time.  The offensive line was offensive....12 sacks in 2 weeks.  4 of our last 9 runs lost yardage.  

Things couldn't get worse for the Giants, and then they did.  Typical Aaron Rodgers.... at least he did it to someone else for a change.

Tennessee, Jacksonville, Miami.......I feel like flipping a coin each week in the pool, cuz it's a mystery to me !   

2 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Football reality slaps Motown.  It's a long season, but I'm disturbed that we were outcoached again.  It was quite obvious every time Cam rolled-out, we had no answer.  The outside linebacker or End assigned to the flats had quarterback responsibilities too....  the NFL kiss of death, and no adjustments at half-time.  The offensive line was offensive....12 sacks in 2 weeks.  4 of our last 9 runs lost yardage.  

Things couldn't get worse for the Giants, and then they did.  Typical Aaron Rodgers.... at least he did it to someone else for a change.

Tennessee, Jacksonville, Miami.......I feel like flipping a coin each week in the pool, cuz it's a mystery to me !   

Ha! And you finished tied for first place this week! Imagine how you'd feel if you had the week LedZeppfan77 had...1-12 going into tonight's game.

On 10/9/2017 at 2:40 AM, Strider said:

The Giants kill me again. The Jets were supposed to be the team tanking to get the #1 pick, not the Giants. 

0 -16 for my Giants this season!  Need to draft a QB and a new O line, and we need a new GM... and a new head coach...and a running back...ect, ect, ...

Dark days for Big Blue

Archived