2017 NFL Thread

Walter

7 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/referee-jeff-triplette-reportedly-retiring-after-questionable-performance-in-nfl-playoffs/

The above article is quite disturbing.  It is what I have been screaming about year.  Refs are crooked

There is a difference between being incompetent and being crooked.

12 hours ago, Strider said:

There is a difference between being incompetent and being crooked.

And can you tell the difference?  While I have you Sean, I do believe Gruden will find a way to win the West in his first season in Oakland/Vegas.  LOL>  I mean, the Raiders were supposed to go deep this year.  Del dummy and the injury to  Carr ruined that.  Now you have Gruden and a weak weak division.  Raiders win it. Indy will be back on the map with Luck's return assuming he is still on his game.  The draft is very interesting.  I believe that between the Giants, Indy, SF, Clevelands second pick, or Tampa, one of them will do business with us and take our two number ones for their number one. ESPN and CBS have mentioned a couple of these trading down and the team most likely trade up is the Bills.  We have two first round picks.

20 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Refs are crooked

pRicky your team sucks...your franchise sucks (and never belonged in the NFL ) , and take solace that though your quarterback sucks ...he can now get back to his real full time job at Jiffy Lube...if anyone in that shithole of an organisation had any sense at all they would be on their way to Vegas instead of the Raiders  and get the F out of that hell hole known as Buffalo...

that being said every single AFC team that played this weekend is horrifically bad....Much like most of the NFL this year, but cheer up prickster....your Bills were only the second shittiest behind a pathetic Tennessee Titans team

this year the superbowl is going to be won not by the best team....but by the team that sucks the least

as always i look forward to betting the opposite of  your inept predicktions so i can win another ton of money this year in my pRicky's Picks pool

11 minutes ago, Metta said:

pRicky your team sucks...your franchise sucks (and never belonged in the NFL ) , and take solace that though your quarterback sucks ...he can now get back to his real full time job at Jiffy Lube...if anyone in that shithole of an organisation had any sense at all they would be on their way to Vegas instead of the Raiders  and get the F out of that hell hole known as Buffalo...

that being said every single AFC team that played this weekend is horrifically bad....Much like most of the NFL this year, but cheer up prickster....your Bills were only the second shittiest behind a pathetic Tennessee Titans team

this year the superbowl is going to be won not by the best team....but by the team that sucks the least

as always i look forward to betting the opposite of  your inept predicktions so i can win another ton of money this year in my pRicky's Picks pool

What is your real username you punk ass Troll?  You are the one that sucks shit.  My Bills and their fans raised over $300,000 dollars for people in need.  What do you have to say about this shit for brains?  Maybe you are in the fucking soup line?  Buffalo is a great city and even though I do not live there I respect the hell out of it.  I have been all over and they are not like most of the arrogant shit heads like you.  They will be a very good team soon with McDermott who really did a great job in year number one.  And as for our organization, our billionaire owner Terry Pegula and his wife are both far more classy people than you will ever be.  Go back and crawl into whatever hole you come from you fucking Troll

So it's official. Jon Gruden. Ten years $100 million.

http://www.espn.com/blog/oakland-raiders/post/_/id/20854/jerry-rice-jon-grudens-chucky-is-coming-for-the-young-raiders

Will he last the ten years of the contract? Let's just say I have my doubts. I'm curious what kind of coaching staff he puts together. I know one thing...I am more optimistic about this deal and what Gruden will bring to the Raiders than I was about the Angels signing Pujols for $250 million over 10 years.

2 hours ago, Strider said:

So it's official. Jon Gruden. Ten years $100 million.

http://www.espn.com/blog/oakland-raiders/post/_/id/20854/jerry-rice-jon-grudens-chucky-is-coming-for-the-young-raiders

Will he last the ten years of the contract? Let's just say I have my doubts. I'm curious what kind of coaching staff he puts together. I know one thing...I am more optimistic about this deal and what Gruden will bring to the Raiders than I was about the Angels signing Pujols for $250 million over 10 years.

It will be interesting to see the fan support when they move to Vegas year after next it sounds like?  I believe Gruden can win this division right now and i would have picked the Raiders to bounce back  even if was a different coach.  Carr is likely to have a far better year if healthy.  And i see a quick fix in the division.  Nobody in that division scares me as far as going deep next year except the Raiders.  Denver sucks.  San Diego, I mean the LA Chargers have a good defensive line and a  decent QB that is now aging.  KC is way overated.  In the South Indy gets Luck back and Houston gets their QB back.  To me Houston is more dangerous.  If he stays on the field. I never anticipated a draft more than this one in April.  Cleveland has two picks, 1 and 4.  Lets see what they do this time.  I  know you do not like  the UCLA QB.   So you must like Rosen.  But what about Baker Mayfield?  Giants in the mock draft on ESPN are not picking a QB.  How can that be if Manning is not staying?  Unless he is?  I am not sure if they are a player to trade down?  But some have said they are.  Indy being one.  If we can get anywhere between 4 and 8 I think we get at least 1 good QB.  The only question is do they keep  Taylor for the year left on his contract?  I would.  I get a pass rusher and a linebacker, and hope Jordan Matthews is healthy.  The secondary is rock solid.  No doubt we add a receiver, as you can never have enough due to injuries.  

I really do not know if Gruden meant he cant gaurantee actually living 10 years or surviving getting fired for 10 years?  Maybe both.  But he is still pretty young.I cant believe that defensive coach that is 80 years old and still going.

Yep. New England sure looked distracted last night. :rolleyes:

More proof that ESPN is in the toilet with their coverage and trying to create controversy where there is none. If that is New England in turmoil there are 29 other teams that would love to have some of that turmoil.

4 hours ago, Strider said:

Yep. New England sure looked distracted last night. :rolleyes:

More proof that ESPN is in the toilet with their coverage and trying to create controversy where there is none. If that is New England in turmoil there are 29 other teams that would love to have some of that turmoil.

I know. It’s ridiculous.   They resort to making up something and publish like it’s real.. Bellichick to coach the Giants next year. 

31 minutes ago, the chase said:

I know. It’s ridiculous.   They resort to making up something and publish like it’s real.. Bellichick to coach the Giants next year. 

Yeah, it’s like my Cowboys - if there isn’t a controversy, they’ll create one. Just so they can use the team name, and interest it draws, as a selling tool.  

Crazy. Maybe they will play at home for their 1st Super Bowl in the teams history? 

Nect Sunday seems like the most unlikely weekend ever, yet not.  Bortles, Keenum, Foles...wtf?!?  Then you’ve got Brady for the 7th consecutive year...greatness.

IF that Bounty hunter Sean Peyton had won like that the bitch would have gone for two on the extra point.  Glad the Vikes won.  I hope they win it all.  Brady and NE got more gifts from the refs last night.  What a joke.  

Some idiot here the other day said Buffalo does not belong in the NFL.   Lets see after next year.  They just signed Duboll from Alabama  as OC.  They had Jacksonville on the ropes with Tyrod. When they cash in these picks they will have a real QB.  I do not care if its Baker Mayfield, they will win with him.  

Go Vikings!!!!  So is it the "Minneapolis Miracle?"  Or I wonder what they will call it?  Its one of those plays like the immaculate reception that haunted John Madden for years.  I have no idea why they reviewed it so long.  No questions about that TD.  I cannot believe the Saints did not have a prevent out there.  The safety over committed and now he may have to be committed. 

Nice defense #43. :rolleyes:

My biggest gripe about modern football is the lack of fundamental soundness, particularly when it comes to tackling. Too many teams simply do not know how to tackle. Instead of properly wrapping players up, defenders are launching themselves blindly like a rocket trying to score an "ESPN highlight" hit. It is selfish, egotistical play and I have seen it cost teams time and time again. It also leads to increase risk of injury...to both the defender and his target.

Today was only the latest example of a player selfishly costing his team...only this time it cost the Saints the NFC Championship Game. I would have left #43 in frozen Minnesota after that game....make him walk back to New Orleans.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Man, it's going to be a loooooong winter for the Saints and Steelers and their fans.

Can you imagine if you had walked into Las Vegas before the season and placed a bet that Blake Bortles, Nick Foles, and Case Keenum would be the quarterbacks in the Conference Championship Games? You would have received astronomical odds. 

Looking forward to the games Sunday. Always fun to have new blood.

On 1/14/2018 at 11:49 PM, Strider said:

Nice defense #43. :rolleyes:

My biggest gripe about modern football is the lack of fundamental soundness, particularly when it comes to tackling. Too many teams simply do not know how to tackle. Instead of properly wrapping players up, defenders are launching themselves blindly like a rocket trying to score an "ESPN highlight" hit. It is selfish, egotistical play and I have seen it cost teams time and time again. It also leads to increase risk of injury...to both the defender and his target.

Today was only the latest example of a player selfishly costing his team...only this time it cost the Saints the NFC Championship Game. I would have left #43 in frozen Minnesota after that game....make him walk back to New Orleans.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Archived