2017 NFL Thread

Walter

24 minutes ago, zepscoda said:

Agreed.  

Look at the injuries already. OBJ barely escaped a season ender. 2 games is all they need and get em going!  

Week 1 coming soon, brotha! 

Giants/Cowboys for those who aren't paying attention.

3 hours ago, Walter said:

Look at the injuries already. OBJ barely escaped a season ender. 2 games is all they need and get em going!  

Week 1 coming soon, brotha! 

Giants/Cowboys for those who aren't paying attention.

Hell yeah, got my tix at the office and my new Mark Bavaro throw back jersey just came in yesterday.

Let's go Big Blue!

Yankees are in town that weekend, so the prediction for the amount of Giants fans at the game opening night is around 40% . .. Jerry World will be ROCKING

On 8/3/2017 at 3:50 PM, Bong-Man said:

I made a $20 bet with my buddy that Stafford plays out his option and eventually flies the Lion's den.  I'm betting his wife has been in his ear for two years now..."Let's get the fuck out of here as soon as we can !"

Guess you owe him a 20 spot.

Stafford signed a 5-year, $135 mil contract extension.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/hurricane-irma-buccaneers-dolphins-game-wont-be-played-in-miami-on-sunday/

Tampa at Miami will not be played in Miami due to the Hurricane approaching.  So the league is either going to play it at a neutral site or postpone.  I would think playing it in Tampa or Jacksonville would make sense.  It would make the travel do able for Miami fans, honor those that already have tickets?

3 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Oh, the Pats lost--must have missed it.  :rolleyes: Doesn't mean shit in the long run, but it's nice anyway...

Paul, they did not just lose, they got their ass's handed to them at home.  Their defense was pathetic.  Brady is without the ARmadillo and Entemann the danish maker  LOL. Toast

I will bet all of you that the Bills are in first place Sunday night!  LOL  for sure

One thing we know is that Belichick's defenses get better by the end of the season, so now is when you can score points on them. Eric Berry was the defensive MVP for the Chiefs last night, as he did a number on The Gronk and made him a non-factor.

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

Yeah, I wouldn't "crown" the Bills just yet after one game or think Brady is suddenly going to fall off the cliff. Pats rule the East, whether you like it or not...  :rolleyes:

I am not that crazy.  I want to see how they play.  We do have one of if not the best back in football in McCoy.  New England had their heads handed to them. Period.  I think their concerns are real with Edelman gone and now Amendola on concussion protocol.  And the secondary?  Ha.  They have Gilmore.  He sucks

I was wondering where Chris Berman was this morning and then I looked up the info to learn about the tragic death of his wife in an auto accident 6 weeks ago.  Terrible.  Jim Kelly, Andre Reid and Bill Belecheck were among those at the funeral.  Man, I hope Chris can move on someday from this and return, but I just do not see that happening.  Its just not the same without him.

Well our new kicker from Seattle missed his first FG.  Piece of shit. Bills letting the Jets hang around so far.  But outplaying them for sure.  

3 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Not watching anything right now, but so far nothing unusual I can see from the scores, except the Jags thumping Houston. I think I don't really care until the Packers games starts anyway...

For anyone with a box and like Direct TV or Time Warner or Comcast, NFL Sunday ticket is free this weekend.  Been watching the Rams.  Bills and Rams winners.  Yippee.  First place!!  Seattle and GB like a playoff game.  

^^ I didn't check my picks--but aside from the Jags--nothing shocking as far as final results. Maybe I am looking forward to Week 2 and whoever the Patriots play & see if they bounce back or has "Father Time" finally caught up with Brady like some have been saying for the last several years. 

At any rate, no reason to get too excited after one week...

Archived