2017 NFL Thread

Walter

6 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

So, the Patriots are not dead after all. Nothing ever changes, especially now that Miami looks so anemic on offense in Los Angeles. Still keep calling them San Diego for some reason.

In any event, the Patriots still own the East & tonight's game may be of some interest...

I guess you did not bother to watch any of Buffalo's defensive effort today.  I assure you Mr Brady is in for some surprises.  Our defense is going to make his life hell.  We will get these receivers going and Matthews did have two big catch's today.  The rookie dropped what would have won the game on the last play. We played damn good.  New Orleans is not much of a team to gauge New England against.  We will beat those chumps.  

Man I hope the Rams are not going to let these stinking Redskins win.

OMG the Raiders just gave up a big play to the Jets.   I will be glad to see the last of that baseball field on the gridiron

What a joke the Lambs and San Diego are...and no, I refuse to call them the L.A. Chargers. They are about as L.A. as the Anaheim Angels.

Chargers couldn't even sell out 27,000 seats for their home opener. This is going to be another failure on Goodell's hands. At least the Lambs made semi-sense, as flawed as it was. But the Chargers should never been allowed anywhere near Los Angeles. We HATE them!

The NFL is going down the drain. Quality of play is dismal. Injuries, thugs as players, bad coaching and bad players, stupid Thursday night football and London games. Ratings will fall. All the blood is on Goodell's hands.

On 9/18/2017 at 4:23 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Its called Seattle has no offensive line.

I am expecting the Rams to take care of them

The bastards sure brag like they're the best at everything. Niners got some big runs on their 'impregnable' defense too.

I beg to differ on the Lambs.

I think Carson Palmer is about done.  He can't throw an NFL out anymore.

The Lions played a couple lousy offenses the last two weeks that made our defense shine.  Real receivers and a mobile quarterback in the pocket will be a true test.

3 teams in L.A. when they previously couldn't handle one, and lots of empty seats.  I only have one opinion on that....I like the Rams helmets with white horns better.

I know most people disagree, but I like games in England.  Makes me feel like a West coast fan when I watch a game at 9:30am.

Who decided that Sean McDonough should be allowed to broadcast any NFL game, let alone MNF ?......has anyone seen his missing chin ?  Seriously....I'd have the surgery.  Tough to look at and he bores me to tears.  And going the other way, I think Chris Spielman is a fine announcer for any football game....collegiate or pro.

I find it hard to believe that New England will repeat with Kyle Van Noy playing a whole year starting at linebacker....but trading for Bademosi was a brilliant move on their part.  

2 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

I think Carson Palmer is about done.  He can't throw an NFL out anymore.

3 teams in L.A. when they previously couldn't handle one, and lots of empty seats.  I only have one opinion on that....I like the Rams helmets with white horns better.

I know most people disagree, but I like games in England.  Makes me feel like a West coast fan when I watch a game at 9:30am.

Who decided that Sean McDonough should be allowed to broadcast any NFL game, let alone MNF ?......has anyone seen his missing chin ?  Seriously....I'd have the surgery.  Tough to look at and he bores me to tears.  And going the other way, I think Chris Spielman is a fine announcer for any football game....collegiate or pro.

1. Yep. Carson is done...and really was never quite the same after Pittsburgh knocked him out of that playoff game.

2. 3 teams? We have the Lambs and the Chumps. Do you know something we don't? 😏 

3. It's great on the West Coast because the games are over before dinnertime on Sunday, so you can still go out to a show or a concert that night. Football Brunches are awesome!

4. Sean McDrone and all the ESPN crew are horrible and boring. I never thought anyone would make me miss the bland Mike Tirico but Sean McDonough has done it.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

3 teams? We have the Lambs and the Chumps. Do you know something we don't? 😏 

Brain fart.....or maybe an omen of the NFL's next goofy move ?  As far as announcers, tired of Al Michaels too.  He should have retired 5 years ago.  Ramblin' Randy Moss should be given a drug test, or maybe some Ritalin.  No long car rides with that guy !  

10 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Seems like a lot of our teams are struggling today. The Fins getting smashed in New York--offense as dead as anything I've ever seen. So, that either means the Chargers are really lousy or the season is even crazier than I imagined. That seems to apply every year...

I guess you have not checked in on the Bills game?  So far this rookie corner White is one of the best draft picks in the NFL

:unsure:

Archived