2017 NFL Thread

Walter

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Still waiting to hear why Malcom Butler was benched.

Matt Patricia, defensive genius? How's that hire feel now Detroit?

I have a hard time believing he was the guy to bench Butler. The Hoodie has to have been pissed about something for such a drastic switch, IMO.

24 minutes ago, Walter said:

I have a hard time believing he was the guy to bench Butler. The Hoodie has to have been pissed about something for such a drastic switch, IMO.

I know it was the Hoodie who made the decision. No way Patricia makes that call.

2 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Deion Sanders suggesting Brady isn't the GOAT because he's lost three Super Bowls easily the dumbest post game comment.

No kidding.. Tom Brady has been to EIGHT Superbowls.. win lose or draw that's an unbelievable achievement.. especially in this era.   

1 minute ago, Strider said:

I know it was the Hoodie who made the decision. No way Patricia makes that call.

Definitely. It’ll come out eventually. Only qb to throw over 500 yds, 3 td’s and no int’s to lose an nfl game - ever! Crazy stat.

Sure glad the security was alright after the Dept. of Homeland Security left classified anti-terror security plans in the seat pocket of the plane! :slapface: 

5 minutes ago, the chase said:

No kidding.. Tom Brady has been to EIGHT Superbowls.. win lose or draw that's an unbelievable achievement.. especially in this era.   

I agree, it is a remarkable level of excellence.  

The Pats are now tied with the Broncos for most SB loses - 5.

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Still waiting to hear why Malcom Butler was benched.

Matt Patricia, defensive genius? How's that hire feel now Detroit?

Belecheck benched him, not Patricia from what I have heard.  He held back nothing and wants out. Who wouldn't.  He saved them vs Seattle.  

5 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ You talking about the Patriots dynasty? I wouldn't go that far--anybody in the East is not challenging them anytime soon. Maybe the year, 2022 if I'm lucky...  :rolleyes: 

Speak for Miiami

So many predictions when nobody even knows who is staying or going or how the draft will play out or free agency?  Where will Foles or Bradford or Keenum or any of these guys wind up?  I hear Bridgewater is being considered to start for the Vikes?  No way are the Eagles going to have Foles or Wentz on the bench long term. Not when they can get draft picks.  After April thing should be much clearer

18 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Belecheck benched him, not Patricia from what I have heard. 

Yes I know. But it's still his defense that gave up all those yards and points in the Super Bowl. Riddle me this...if someone had told you before the game that Brady would throw for over 500 yards with 3 tds and no interceptions, wouldn't you assume from those numbers that the Patriots would have won the game? That loss isn't on Brady...it's on Matt Patricia's defense. 33 points should get you a win in the Super Bowl.

59 minutes ago, the chase said:

He's still the G.O.A.T. in my book. I'll be back with numbers to show why.

51 minutes ago, Walter said:

I agree, it is a remarkable level of excellence.  

The Pats are now tied with the Broncos for most SB loses - 5.

At least the Pats are still at .500 at 5-5. The Broncos are sub-.500 bwahahaha.

The Raiders currently sit at 3-2.

45 minutes ago, Strider said:

Yes I know. But it's still his defense that gave up all those yards and points in the Super Bowl. Riddle me this...if someone had told you before the game that Brady would throw for over 500 yards with 3 tds and no interceptions, wouldn't you assume from those numbers that the Patriots would have won the game? That loss isn't on Brady...it's on Matt Patricia's defense. 33 points should get you a win in the Super Bowl.

The one thing that is on  Brady and its all over Twitter is HE IS A SORE CLASSLESS LOSER.  He did not shake hands with Foles or even have the decency to find him.  But let me tell you if he had won he would have.  Arrogant team, arrogant owner, arrogant fans.  I cannot wait to see why they benched Butler who is obviously finished with them.  Pure childish bullshit I am sure.  And Steven A Smith made a good point today on the Take on ESPN.  He said that all of Belecheck's disciples are below 500 as head coach's.  Just because Belecheck can coach does not resinate into success from them.  I hope in Patricia's case that is not true because I would like to see the Lions win.  

54 minutes ago, Strider said:

Yeah junior and are having record discussions right now concerning the SB. Cowboys have the 2nd most appearances and are 5-3 (5-2 since I’ve been a fan, barely alive for the Colts loss). Seattle 1-2...”but Dad, they’re an expansion team so that doesn’t count!” :hysterical: 

Responding to Rick.  

^^ Come on man. It’s total chaos after a Superbowl. I agree It’s odd he didn’t seek him out, but you’re assuming the worst. Brady never talks trash and always speaks respectfully of his opponents.  I’d like to hear his explanation before I criticize. He’s been getting crucified for all types of stupid shit... the Tom against Time  series, what he wears, what he eats ... I’m amazed he doesn’t just lose it once in a while.  He doesn’t. 

The Butler benching is pretty much the main topic all over Boston Sports Radio. What did he do?  I’ve heard a few different theories.  He missed cerfew, He was caught with weed. He was the leak to the press about all the supposed bullshit squabbling between Belichick, Brady and Robert Kraft. He was openly complaining about his salary and how he could get more cash somewhere else..He’s a troublemaker in the locker room.. He was sick and not 100%. etc. Who knows? maybe it’s all true, maybe none of it is.. Whatever the reason,  I think it was a stupid move to bench him.  See Rick I call em like I see em.. 

25 minutes ago, the chase said:

Responding to Rick.  

^^ Come on man. It’s total chaos after a Superbowl. I agree It’s odd he didn’t seek him out, but you’re assuming the worst. Brady never talks trash and always speaks respectfully of his opponents.  I’d like to hear his explanation before I criticize. He’s been getting crucified for all types of stupid shit... the Tom against Time  series, what he wears, what he eats ... I’m amazed he doesn’t just lose it once in a while.  He doesn’t. 

The Butler benching is pretty much the main topic all over Boston Sports Radio. What did he do?  I’ve heard a few different theories.  He missed cerfew, He was caught with weed. He was the leak to the press about all the supposed bullshit squabbling between Belichick, Brady and Robert Kraft. He was openly complaining about his salary and how he could get more cash somewhere else..He’s a troublemaker in the locker room.. He was sick and not 100%. etc. Who knows? maybe it’s all true, maybe none of it is.. Whatever the reason,  I think it was a stupid move to bench him.  See Rick I call em like I see em.. 

It was likely personal with Butler.  No doubt in my mind.  It cant be his play.  As for Brady, look, he is a hall of famer, I say top 3-4 of all time with Montana, Aikman, and Unitas and Namath.  I cannot say he is better than Montana hands down, he has longevity over all of them for sure.  Bart Starr has most of the rest beat but you never hear Bradshaw or Griese or Marino mentioned?  But they were all great too.  Aikman to my knowlege is still number one in percentage. But for the rings Brady is number one with Starr I believe.  But New England as many as they have won, could have lost every one of them.  All nail biters.  San fran and the Steelers beat the hell out of you.  But its a tribute to Brady because without him or the coach, they never would have been there.  IMO he took average teams around him in some cases much farther than they would have gone with other QBs.  I just do not like his arrogance at times  I will always hate Miami the most.  Sorry Paul, but that was the case long before this board existed.  You will get over this quickly Chase.  You have your other rings to go polish.  And I am sure Belecheck is not sending you any of his money.  lOL

9 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

It was likely personal with Butler.  No doubt in my mind.  It cant be his play.  As for Brady, look, he is a hall of famer, I say top 3-4 of all time with Montana, Aikman, and Unitas and Namath.  I cannot say he is better than Montana hands down, he has longevity over all of them for sure.  Bart Starr has most of the rest beat but you never hear Bradshaw or Griese or Marino mentioned?  But they were all great too.  Aikman to my knowlege is still number one in percentage. But for the rings Brady is number one with Starr I believe.  But New England as many as they have won, could have lost every one of them.  All nail biters.  San fran and the Steelers beat the hell out of you.  But its a tribute to Brady because without him or the coach, they never would have been there.  IMO he took average teams around him in some cases much farther than they would have gone with other QBs.  I just do not like his arrogance at times  I will always hate Miami the most.  Sorry Paul, but that was the case long before this board existed.  You will get over this quickly Chase.  You have your other rings to go polish.  And I am sure Belecheck is not sending you any of his money.  lOL

I’m over it now Rick.  I Didn’t sleep great and had a bad attitude all morning at work. My Wife is still pissed at me for something I yelled last night... at the TV. But I’m ok now.. you’re right... They’re pros who make a lot more money than I do. After Game 6 of the 86 World Series, no loss stings for too long. Nothing could ever compare to that. 

3 hours ago, Walter said:

Sure glad the security was alright after the Dept. of Homeland Security left classified anti-terror security plans in the seat pocket of the plane! :slapface: 

DHS. Swamp draining should have started with them. We've sunk billions into DHS and all we have to show for it is a color-coded threat chart.

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

It was likely personal with Butler.  No doubt in my mind.  It cant be his play.  As for Brady, look, he is a hall of famer, I say top 3-4 of all time with Montana, Aikman, and Unitas and Namath. 

Namath? Bwahahaha. :hysterical:

Seriously, Namath was a one-trick pony and it was the Matt Snell and the running game that won the Jets that Super Bowl against the Colts. You need to take Namath's name off that list and replace it with Otto Graham.

I can’t believe I just read that Rick was giving Brady and the Pats some love!?!  Miracles never cease....

Great game - as much as I hate Philly I have to tip my hat to em.

Chase, I’d love to hear what you were yelling! We were having a big time at our neighborhood party. My neighbor, who is from the Bahamas and has long dreads, was rooting for the eagles and kept yelling “Blount time”, “give me some Blount”...which had some heads turning! He’s a pharmacist and usually pretty reserved - it was hysterical!  Every time Gronk scored I was running around spiking my hat on the ground. We had squares being bought and with the constant score changes it was always a topic for discussion. Probably the most fun I’ve had watching a SB, unless the Cowboys were in it.  Can’t wait until next season!

15 hours ago, the chase said:

I’m over it now Rick.  I Didn’t sleep great and had a bad attitude all morning at work. My Wife is still pissed at me for something I yelled last night... at the TV. But I’m ok now.. you’re right... They’re pros who make a lot more money than I do. After Game 6 of the 86 World Series, no loss stings for too long. Nothing could ever compare to that. 

No doubt buddy.  Or the sting a wife can put on us

14 hours ago, Strider said:

Namath? Bwahahaha. :hysterical:

Seriously, Namath was a one-trick pony and it was the Matt Snell and the running game that won the Jets that Super Bowl against the Colts. You need to take Namath's name off that list and replace it with Otto Graham.

One thing I am going to say about Namath.  And I stand behind it 100%.  Nobody in modern times could throw the ball as hard as he could.  He could throw a bullet or a bomb with the best of them.  One hell of an  arm.  Just had no knees.  Sammy Baugh might have been the second best arm if you really want to gauge it.

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

One thing I am going to say about Namath.  And I stand behind it 100%.  Nobody in modern times could throw the ball as hard as he could.  He could throw a bullet or a bomb with the best of them.  One hell of an  arm.  Just had no knees.  Sammy Baugh might have been the second best arm if you really want to gauge it.

Yeah...so did Jeff George. Everybody raved about his arm. Arms are a dime a dozen in the NFL...always have been. It's what's between the ears and in the heart that counts. Oh, and if you don't have legs, that arm strength ain't going to mean doodly-squat. It's the same with a power-pitcher...once the legs go, it's over.

Just got back from Minnesota and I'm so proud to say the following words:

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES 

WORLD CHAMPIONS OF THE NFL

E-A-G-L-E-S....EAGLES!

P.S. Gotta thank the man upstairs for letting me witness my two dreams live. I got to see the Zep reunion in 2007 and I finally got to see my team win the Super Bowl. Wooooooooooo!!!

nick-foles-superbowl-philadelphia-eagles.jpg

21 hours ago, Strider said:

Yeah...so did Jeff George. Everybody raved about his arm. Arms are a dime a dozen in the NFL...always have been. It's what's between the ears and in the heart that counts. Oh, and if you don't have legs, that arm strength ain't going to mean doodly-squat. It's the same with a power-pitcher...once the legs go, it's over.

I agree. Tom Brady doesn't have the strongest arm by a long shot, but he's very smart and sees everything on that field..

John Elway had the most powerful arm I've ever seen.. His receivers couldn't catch his throws because he threw so hard. Broncos fans booed him early on for throwing too hard.  

Drew Bledsoe gets overshadowed these days, but he also had a cannon of an arm. His problem was he tended to hold the ball too long.  

Archived