2017 NFL Thread

Walter

2 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Real nice to lose your starting left tackle and best lineman in non-contact drills.....and how does one blow out their shoulder in non-contact drills Mr. Caldwell ?

The Lions might have worse luck than my Bills

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry Paul - Tannehill down....again.  Looks like a knee injury or hamstring to me. Can up gimpy and went straight down to the ground.

Edit: The knee buckled but nothing is wrong as far as the MRI can see. It was non-contact though, which has to be worrisome.

I made a $20 bet with my buddy that Stafford plays out his option and eventually flies the Lion's den.  I'm betting his wife has been in his ear for two years now..."Let's get the fuck out of here as soon as we can !"

I don't know why I'm doing this to myself but watching a replay of the Cowboys/Packers playoff game from January on NFL network...?

Ha ha.....I did the same with the 'Miracle in Motown'.  Some off-season torture from the football gods.

On 8/3/2017 at 3:50 PM, Bong-Man said:

I made a $20 bet with my buddy that Stafford plays out his option and eventually flies the Lion's den.  I'm betting his wife has been in his ear for two years now..."Let's get the fuck out of here as soon as we can !"

Ha ha.....I did the same with the 'Miracle in Motown'.  Some off-season torture from the football gods.

You have to be crazy to think the Lions would let Stafford go.  Right to Buffalo I wish.  Stafford is the first guy I pick in any fantasy action.   The Lions, if they fix that team in other area's have one hell of a QB.

Miami signs Cutler - 1 year, $10 million.  Back with Gase.  Could work out, if he stays healthy...

Jets have lost all of their receivers.

Looks like the Pats will have the East locked yet again.

Bills, Rams and Eagles in a big 3 way deal, and two of them are my teams.  Mixed reviews.  I have read one on ESPN saying the Bills did the right thing getting the draft picks and such for Watkins.  We get a big name reciever in Matthews from the Eagles.  So Tyrod has Bolden and Matthews.  We get a corner from the Rams i do not know about.  The Bills picked up draft picks and the so called experts are saying the Bills threw the 17 season away for picks?  Not so sure I agree.  I mean, we have McCoy and two top notch receivers and we all know the big question is whether Taylor can play half way decent at QB?  Its a very question filled team are the Bills and Rams.  

^^

How's the Bills' tight-end situation ?  I only ask because that's what they just signed in Boldin.  His ability to get 10 yards as a possession receiver is about all he has to offer these days.  Nothing wrong with that, because he's still big enough to still clear a space for a 1st down, but his stretching the field days are over.  I liked Watkins, but he seems to have struggled since his rookie year.

I peek in occasionally, but I pretty much avoid watching pre-season games these days.  A 4 - 0 preseason followed by an 0-16 goose-egg will do that to a fan.  Boy Howdy !   

On 8/12/2017 at 2:56 PM, Bong-Man said:

^^

How's the Bills' tight-end situation ?  I only ask because that's what they just signed in Boldin.  His ability to get 10 yards as a possession receiver is about all he has to offer these days.  Nothing wrong with that, because he's still big enough to still clear a space for a 1st down, but his stretching the field days are over.  I liked Watkins, but he seems to have struggled since his rookie year.

I peek in occasionally, but I pretty much avoid watching pre-season games these days.  A 4 - 0 preseason followed by an 0-16 goose-egg will do that to a fan.  Boy Howdy !   

Well you must not have heard about the big trades yesterday?  Bills trade Watkins to LA Rams for a corner, and draft picks.  Bills get Matthews, the big name receiver from Eagles.   Darby goes to Eagles.  Lots of big moves.

Sean (Strider), are you out there buying up all the LA Chargers jerseys you can get  your hands on? :lol:

This could be a strange year.  I mean, there are going to be some surprises.  Tons of players moved.  The usual teams expected to win are getting older, and that eventually catch's up to you.  I do not care who you are.  I hope the Rams keep the old helmets on.  Go Bills, Go Rams.  I will say this McDermott means business.  But I have no idea what this team is going to look like or play like.  

Oh, is it supposed to be time for football talk. I cashed out anyway after the Cutler deal--so shine up that AFC East crown for the Pats one more time. And maybe Lombardi again, too. Oh god, it's going to be painful sitting through this shit again.

Maybe the fact that the Jets will be in the toilet too will make me feel a bit better...

2 picks thrown by Taylor is a good game? I see Matthews is injured already. That sucks!  I thought there were some positive moves in the offseason by your Bills, i.e. new head coach, gm... 

On 8/18/2017 at 7:41 PM, Walter said:

This dragged out preseason is wearing me out! Too many games and opportunities for injury.

Or retirement.  Good riddens Boldin.  These two young kids really imporesed me.  The one that starts with an S I liked alot. Better than Holmes even though he was good too.  When Watkins hurts his foot week one then the deal will make more sense.  Must rid ourselves of all the leftovers from the Rex Ryan Circus days. I will say this McDermott means business.  I think this is going to be a strange year.  Marv Levy always hated pre season as you know Walter, your old man having been a Bills fan and did not have enough discipline in the household from keeping you  from going astray.  Romo walked and walked fast.  Something that could still come back to haunt your boys.  How about that score last night?  Rams over Raiders.   In yo face Strider!!!!!:hysterical:

Archived