Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
redrum

The Atkins Diet

On 12/20/2017 at 11:14 PM, kipper said:

Ive been on some kind of diet now and again my whole life, but during the last year I lost about 30 pounds just from being stressed out. Not sure if that is a healthy way to lose wieght but it is still losing weight.

One reason I left California (the bay area). I couldn't take the stress of the rat race anymore. Don't think I lost any weight from it though, just parts of my mind.

I didn't post over the holidays but I was at 197.8 last Friday. Today I weighed in at 196. I have also gotten back into skipping rope which I like a lot better than the treadmill. Also gotten comments from people I haven't seen in a long time.  ^_^

Finally! After hovering around 196 or so since October, I weighed in today at 193.2 :)
The rope skipping is a big help.

17 hours ago, redrum said:

Finally! After hovering around 196 or so since October, I weighed in today at 193.2 :)
The rope skipping is a big help.

Rope skipping burns a TON of calories - the Mrs does it everyday in our house and it really works 

5 hours ago, Charles J. White said:

Rope skipping burns a TON of calories - the Mrs does it everyday in our house and it really works 

That's great. Since dropping 40+ pounds my heal doesn't hurt anymore and I was able to get back into skipping. I do 30 then rest, 30 then rest, etc. and do a total of 300 jumps. I will bring that total up eventually.

Weighed in today at 191.8 and lo and behold I've gone from wearing an extra large 'Omar The Tent Maker' shirt to a medium. Almost 45 pounds off in 11 months.

21 hours ago, redrum said:

Weighed in today at 191.8 and lo and behold I've gone from wearing an extra large 'Omar The Tent Maker' shirt to a medium. Almost 45 pounds off in 11 months.

That is bloody fantastic - good for you 

2 hours ago, Charles J. White said:

That is bloody fantastic - good for you 

Thanks, Charles. I feel great. :)