LED ZEPPELIN'S 50th ANNIVERSARY PLANS?

Strider

6 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

I'd get him fucking sorted and fast, you can count on that. The first thing we do is send him clothes shopping with a stylist. All black and sunglasses is fine, but not for ten years in a row. The second thing we do is get momentum behind this 75th Birthday Celebration Concert. He'll find out who his real friends are when they accept an invitation to participate or perform in such as special occasion. Then the gigs are announced. Perhaps twenty over two months. 5,000 to 8,000 seat venues. UK/Europe/Asia/North America. These are complimented by a   half-dozen or so no notice club gigs. A guy walks out to the marquee and starts slapping the letters up: TONIGHT. 8PM. JIMMY PAGE. ON    SALE AT THE BOX OFFICE NOW. *Limit two per customer. See, I'm so efficient I don't even need a year. You give me six months and even  IpMan will sing my praises.        

If you can pull that off I will not be the only one signing your praises, a choir of angels will be leading the chorus.

On 06/03/2018 at 5:25 PM, Brigante said:

I could have anhedonia or I could just be a miserable Yorkshire get, but I don't celebrate anything, not Xmas, not my own birthday, nowt, so I have to say I'm far from fussed about the prospect of 5.1 mixes in five years' time... 

Aye it's grip up north

23 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

I'd get him fucking sorted and fast, you can count on that. The first thing we do is send him clothes shopping with a stylist. All black and sunglasses is fine, but not for ten years in a row. The second thing we do is get momentum behind this 75th Birthday Celebration Concert. He'll find out who his real friends are when they accept an invitation to participate or perform in such as special occasion. Then the gigs are announced. Perhaps twenty over two months. 5,000 to 8,000 seat venues. UK/Europe/Asia/North America. These are complimented by a   half-dozen or so no notice club gigs. A guy walks out to the marquee and starts slapping the letters up: TONIGHT. 8PM. JIMMY PAGE. ON    SALE AT THE BOX OFFICE NOW. *Limit two per customer. See, I'm so efficient I don't even need a year. You give me six months and even  IpMan will sing my praises.        

I think you're being facetious but 20 gigs!!  I doubt Jimmy could play for play for 20 minutes which is why he hasn't.   Say what you want about how busy he is with the re-rees and all but any musician worth his weight could still find the time to show they can still play even if just for a few minutes.

How odd that only Jimmy is quasi-celebrrating the 50th Zep anniversary.. I myself find it strange to even call this "anniversary" anything at all, as Jimmy, Robert and John Paul are practically living in different universes now, and

for a long time now. Also mondo bizarro IMHO is that how much more enjoyment are you going to get from gigs/ boots

from this endless technological crunching ?? I mean I guess even the Bath Show could be salvaged by second to second

scrubbing away and then triple re-eq'ing, whatever that means.

17 minutes ago, Mithril46 said:

How odd that only Jimmy is quasi-celebrrating the 50th Zep anniversary.. I myself find it strange to even call this "anniversary" anything at all, as Jimmy, Robert and John Paul are practically living in different universes now, and

for a long time now. Also mondo bizarro IMHO is that how much more enjoyment are you going to get from gigs/ boots

from this endless technological crunching ?? I mean I guess even the Bath Show could be salvaged by second to second

scrubbing away and then triple re-eq'ing, whatever that means.

I think Robert does want to celebrate it, but gets frustrated when he gets interviewed to promote his solo gigs and gets asked more about Zep and the 50th anniversary. 

As for Jones, I think he generally likes to stay under the radar and the media wouldn’t seek him out for comment as he’s less recognisable. That’s pretty much been his modus operandi since 1980.

Edited by Boleskinner

Ha Ha. Exactly. Robert wouldn't mind a quip or two about his old band, but the quips would likely be "closed" remarks

without open discussion. And JPJ  is by being quite adventurous in his solo career, really upheld the "ever forward"

Zep stance. He need'n't say anything. Page is all alone............

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Any truth to the rumour that the Grim Reaper resides in Yorkshire?

I hear that's where old GR's based but I'm sure he's got a franchise around these parts..

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, paplbojo said:

I bet they're all excited about it, or will be.

Nothing to get exited about after the semi debacle of the much anticipated largely disappointing companion disc "campaign". More a case of what shit are we going to get conned with this time, just wish it was all over and done with, time to move on...

1 hour ago, JTM said:

Nothing to get exited about after the semi debacle of the much anticipated largely disappointing companion disc "campaign". More a case of what shit are we going to get conned with this time, just wish it was all over and done with, time to move on...

All I wanted was a version of The Crunge without the wonky synthesizer. Take out the synths and add some nifty lead work and that could've been a really cool track. 

On 3/26/2018 at 9:55 PM, IpMan said:

I believe Robert is approaching the idea of a reunion all wrong. As Jimmy wants to relive 1973 again, Robert should just say yes to a reunion under the following conditions:

JPJ must wear the onion jacket and a Prince Valiant wig and have a non-working phone on his piano.

If there is a reunion, JPJ's contract must include that clause.

3 hours ago, JTM said:

Plenty to be excited about. Page said new live release and that it won't be the last.

If you are so turned off by it you don't have to concern yourself with it, you realize. 

3 hours ago, paplbojo said:

Plenty to be excited about. Page said new live release and that it won't be the last.

If you are so turned off by it you don't have to concern yourself with it, you realize. 

Oh but I do, I can't have gaps, will have to buy regardless of the content..