LED ZEPPELIN'S 50th ANNIVERSARY PLANS?

Strider

With the 50th anniversary not sure if they release Earls Court 75 to coincide with the anniversary.  It would make sense to release something close to the beginning around 1969 or before (if it one exists) and one of those depending on the quality with an SB or multi track for a particular show or perhaps something more comprehensive with the live shows.  Who knows and I'm sure we'll get hints with some teasers over the internet over the next year if a release is in the works as we always do!

Edited by SuperDave

3 hours ago, Boleskinner said:

Won't these anniversary celebrations clash with Page's new album and solo tour? ;-)

LOL. - think of it this way, a perfect excuse not to play. This project come up and I had to focus all my time on it.

I do still think he'll play something somewhere with someone. And I hope it includes JPJ.

1 hour ago, rm2551 said:

LOL. - think of it this way, a perfect excuse not to play. This project come up and I had to focus all my time on it.

I do still think he'll play something somewhere with someone. And I hope it includes JPJ.

He's keen on being seen.  That's why he's spending so much time preparing for this MASSIVE WORLD TOUR.  Additionally, he'll be traveling in a Graf Zeppelin.  So exciting.  :hurrah:

598e94432a9fd_GrafZeppelinLZ127.thumb.jpg.6c345d683f8086c2247f4d04de4e5e07.jpg

Edited by Box of Jimmy's

3 hours ago, Box of Jimmy's said:

He's keen on being seen.  That's why he's spending so much time preparing for this MASSIVE WORLD TOUR.  Additionally, he'll be traveling in a Graf Zeppelin.  So exciting.  :hurrah:

598e94432a9fd_GrafZeppelinLZ127.thumb.jpg.6c345d683f8086c2247f4d04de4e5e07.jpg

I realise I am betting on the long odds, but I remain optimistic. I'm sure you will gladly eat your words should he get out there.:smiley_pray:

1 hour ago, Boleskinner said:

If Jimmy pulls out all the stops and give us a banquet of old Zep live stuff for the anniversary, then all will be forgiven for not coming good on his new music.

Especially if it includes some dynamite unknown stuff that he's "suddenly discovered". First rehearsal, 1968 UK gig recordings....yeah I know but I can dream

10 hours ago, SuperDave said:

With the 50th anniversary not sure if they release Earls Court 75 to coincide with the anniversary.  It would make sense to release something close to the beginning around 1969 or before (if it one exists) and one of those depending on the quality with an SB or multi track for a particular show or perhaps something more comprehensive with the live shows.  Who knows and I'm sure we'll get hints with some teasers over the internet over the next year if a release is in the works as we always do!

Why do I envision nothing more than a "Denmark re-Mastered" CD.......and a chance to buy some exclusive Ross Halfin photos?

If there is a release wait for the hints out on the internet as they always happen with every release going back to the first box set in 1990.  There were many with the album remasters in 2014-15.  We shall see and being next year, they'll probably happen shortly, but just guessing and I have no information on this.  Just only by what I've seen and heard and I'm sure many of you know which ones these were.

I still favor my idea of Celebrating 50 Years: An Evening in Conversation With Led Zeppelin. Put them on the road together for a couple of weeks...New York...LA...Tokyo...Paris...London. Could throw in a sixth location to be determined by vote. Essentially a final opportunity to commune with their fans without the pressure of actually performing music in a live setting or having to promote a release. I'll cover these events with Michelle Malkin, and share a room with her to help keep band expense's down.  

2 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

I still favor my idea of Celebrating 50 Years: An Evening in Conversation With Led Zeppelin. Put them on the road together for a couple of weeks...New York...LA...Tokyo...Paris...London. Could throw in a sixth location to be determined by vote. Essentially a final opportunity to commune with their fans without the pressure of actually performing music in a live setting or having to promote a release. I'll cover these events with Michelle Malkin, and share a room with her to help keep band expense's down.  

That's a really good idea. They seemed to enjoy the press conferences for "Celebration Day." Jimmy Page has done some long on stage interviews recently too, so it's not too unusual for them.

Great idea but totally impractical. On what stage could you do this? They would be a lot of people who would love this and let's say "In conversation with Led Zeppelin" Venue? MSG in New York? The Manchester Arena? Nah it would only benefit people in the first 20 odd rows near the front. Maybe I'm wrong and  intimate theatre settings could be found.

Best bet would be a full official TV special. Working with the founding members with archive footage through the years, assuming JP has any that hasn't already been seen, then maybe a Q&A session using the digital media.

Having said all that we are of course all assuming they would want to do it. JP of course would be for it but maybe Plant may not be. He tends to get frustrated and bored talking about his past. JPJ I am sure would agree as he has a fondness for history.

Please though Jimmy no 50th anniversary mega box set

Hope they would release a 50th Anniversary documentary video (DVD/blu -ray) with newly / recently taped interviews of each surviving member (as it's been documented they have recorded quite a few things on video in the past ten years like jason at headley grange (led zep IV album review???), Robert in NYC in front of physical graffiti (tea shop now), Jimmy various interviews (Re-Masters, Chris Cornell, jimmy's book release tour), their O2 press conference, Kennedy Center Honors, letterman & Charlie Rose interviews from 2012, etc) and family members (Jason, Zoe, Pat, Logan, Maureen, etc) , their personal stories / memories as well as interviews from those close to them (Cole, etc). Maybe some music, too, like a bonus cd / digital with "Swan Song", "Fire", "a few live cuts with Bonzo, etc.

R😎

Edited by reids

Haven't read through everything, besides some concerts or new live recordings, how about some video's detailing the making of some/all of their albums. Similar to the "Classic Albums" series that have run on TV before. It would be great to hear and see Jimmy behind the mixing board talking about all the different tracks that go into the making of the songs. Just imagine him breaking down the tracks of TYG or ALS.

1 hour ago, ledrim said:

Haven't read through everything, besides some concerts or new live recordings, how about some video's detailing the making of some/all of their albums. Similar to the "Classic Albums" series that have run on TV before. It would be great to hear and see Jimmy behind the mixing board talking about all the different tracks that go into the making of the songs. Just imagine him breaking down the tracks of TYG or ALS.

That would be nice and all, but that would already have to be pre-produced, recorded, mixed and edited and for them to get it out in time for their 50th Anniversary (in a few months). It takes some time to do that stuff, having worked in tv/film industry for 20+ years. Then, there's legal, all three signing off on final edit/ cut & mix (audio) , clearance, rights , distribution deals, etc. Hope they started recording all that a few years back for it to make it out for 2018. If not, then if they started now, it might be out by 2020. I'm sure they have something else planned (to what degree, it's unknown). 

R😎

Edited by reids

I'm sure Page has loads of audio reels and film clips in the vault that could be compiled that I would love to hear and see but may be deemed to be unworthy for an official release. I imagine most final dress rehearsals for most tours were documented by audio as well as some film/video for the band to hear and see  it coming together before actual showtime. This may include things such as preps for '75, '77, Copenhagen & Knebworth at the very least, IMO. These are the kind of things I'm interested in, but see no widespread marketing value to it unless added on to something thats 'significant to the masses' as bonus tracks n clips for the real Zeppelin fans. For me, at this point, it has to be live Zeppelin, not studio, and not Zeppelin playing without John Bonham...sorry Jason. :(