LED ZEPPELIN'S 50th ANNIVERSARY PLANS?

Strider

New poster here. I have heard nothing specific with respect to the use of a studio and when, but I did hear (can’t say how) that one of things being explored by the group to be released for the 50th was new songs or a song. Just passing it on. No idea if that comes to fruition

1 hour ago, The Pagemeister said:

Getting together in a studio to put out a song later in the year is not the same thing as a "reunion."  Nor is it "performing together." Just saying. People may have reason to be cynical. I have a good source that this was discussed at least

13 minutes ago, Cookie0024 said:

Two brand new forum members both posting the same rumour. Curious!

Could likely be the same person. However, we do know Jason was in England at the end of December rehearsing with BCC for their two concerts in early January (2 and 4). He recently posted he’s coming back to the US to drive his “wife’s” new silver AMG Mercedes sports car he ordered a year ago (pictures on Instagram and FB).. We’ll see. 

R😎

I have no idea who the other new chap is. But my source is very solid- even encountered the gentleman after the rehearsal/recording. I truly believe this is real but no idea what product is.  Also plausible that RP nixes the entire idea if it doesn't " feel right"  (as he has many times before). I can tell you though that they did play and apparently JP and RP were at the BCC show

5 minutes ago, Urozep said:

I have no idea who the other new chap is. But my source is very solid- even encountered the gentleman after the rehearsal/recording. I truly believe this is real but no idea what product is.  Also plausible that RP nixes the entire idea if it doesn't " feel right"  (as he has many times before). I can tell you though that they did play and apparently JP and RP were at the BCC show

Recording in the depths of winter in Britain.

Is this ITTOD 2? ;-)

2 hours ago, Urozep said:

Yes, I confirm we're different people 😀and have different information. I know nothing about whether they practiced or recorded in a studio. But my source was actually present for discussions between two or more members about whether they should release "new" song(s).  Again, no idea if that is or was or going to be acted upon.....

5 hours ago, SuperDave said:

Hopefully, something comes out of this and verified in future, but now just a rumor.  We'll see.  Especially, if someone in the band confirms but not getting pumped up for this as so many rumors and letdowns in the past!

Exactly. Rumor unless verified by surviving band member or Sam. Until then, we wait and see.

R😎

Weren't they all working on some new zep book as well?  Maybe they met up for that and caught the BCC show...I need to check if it is going to be a genesis publication like the Page book, as I think they are out of England. 

If they truely were in the studio to finish up some 40 year old songs, then they really need to finish Fire (say your gonna leave me) as that would actually get some good airtime on the rock stations (as I have said before I am sure).  I feel earlier attempts at gaining radio play with rediscovered unreleased tracks al la' sunshine woman, boogie mama, or baby come on home (which were not as "modern" sounding) didn't get the airplay they deserved...a finished version of Fire would get crazy airplay on rock stations around Boston!  Then the new Zeppelin 50th anniversary "product" would sell well for sure...

I am sure this is a big flurry of nothing like the last snow forecast....

30 minutes ago, Urozep said:

Playing in a studio could also mean a  quiet rehearsal. As I said, I have no clue as to what they were playing-- but I'M sure they were there.

Please crawl back under the rock you came from, troll. 

1 hour ago, Urozep said:

Playing in a studio could also mean a  quiet rehearsal. As I said, I have no clue as to what they were playing-- but I'M sure they were there.

A studio would also be a logical place to listen to recordings.  Say, live Zeppelin recordings from the 70’s that will be released in 2018 maybe?  Just sayin’...