LED ZEPPELIN'S 50th ANNIVERSARY PLANS?

Strider

Oh Jesus, will people just get over the fact Plant does not want to be in a reformed Zeppelin again. Regardless of the reason.

What I find so silly about this is no one would ask a guy to get back with an ex-spouse simply because they threw some awesome parties back in the day; nor would they wish some woman to go back to work at a McDonalds drive-thru as she did at 16 due to the outcry of several ex-patrons who really dug her sweet speaker voice.

The man does not want to get the band back together and I for one applaud this stance. It is not 1982, Plant is almost 70 and I really don't care what anyone says, rock is a young persons game and even if Plant had the vocal abilities ala 1971 he would look like a goddamned fool at 70 belting out WLL as he did in 1972 or whatever. I am not being ageist per se, but such a visual is akin to a 70 year old woman, regardless of shape, walking around in a pair of fuck me pumps, Juicy sweats, and a sports bra...no thanks. Rock, and ESPECIALLY Zeppelin, were all about attitude and projection. You cannot recapture lighting in a bottle.

Let it go....let it goooooo... 

VINYL REVIVAL LIVE! 2018 LAUNCH PARTY

Celebrating 50 years of LED ZEPPELIN

Join us, to experience the first two classic Led Zep vinyl albums on a truly high-end Hi-Fi system, like you’ve never heard before!
Immerse yourself in all things ‘Music & Vinyl’ with guest speakers, exclusive album listening sessions, a pop-up record shop and vinyl pop art.

Hi-fi supplied by SONATA High-fidelity

Pop up Shop by Eel Pie Records Shop, Church Street, Twickenham

Pop Art provided by Supersize Art

Exclusive Limited Availability to 50 Advanced Tickets
Advanced Tickets: £6.00 available at eventbrite.co.uk
All bought Tickets include a £5 voucher towards Eel Pie Records Pop-up Shop or Treehouse Bar purchases at the event.

32 minutes ago, IpMan said:

Oh Jesus, will people just get over the fact Plant does not want to be in a reformed Zeppelin again. Regardless of the reason.

What I find so silly about this is no one would ask a guy to get back with an ex-spouse simply because they threw some awesome parties back in the day; nor would they wish some woman to go back to work at a McDonalds drive-thru as she did at 16 due to the outcry of several ex-patrons who really dug her sweet speaker voice.

The man does not want to get the band back together and I for one applaud this stance. It is not 1982, Plant is almost 70 and I really don't care what anyone says, rock is a young persons game and even if Plant had the vocal abilities ala 1971 he would look like a goddamned fool at 70 belting out WLL as he did in 1972 or whatever. I am not being ageist per se, but such a visual is akin to a 70 year old woman, regardless of shape, walking around in a pair of fuck me pumps, Juicy sweats, and a sports bra...no thanks. Rock, and ESPECIALLY Zeppelin, were all about attitude and projection. You cannot recapture lighting in a bottle.

Let it go....let it goooooo... 

Thats very true! When Led Zep played back in the 70's their performances where the equivalent of gold medal winning athletes at the olympics, at their peak after lots of training. They were a very physical band, they played for hours. That could never be repeated as 70 year olds!

On 20/01/2018 at 11:24 AM, Urozep said:

Playing in a studio could also mean a  quiet rehearsal. As I said, I have no clue as to what they were playing-- but I'M sure they were there.

Dude. Why come on here and post that. Even if it were true no one could possibly take it seriously. A mega fan and this is your first time on here? 

1 hour ago, hercoflex said:

Yea, WTF is up with that ???  Check this out, I found something odd to add as well

$179.98 for 8 CD Set - March 23 2018    >>  8 CD ??

$124.98 > 4 Vinyl

$24.98 > 1 Blu-Ray Audio.

All this Information Disappears !!!!!

After you click and read the 8 CD Info and then Click on Vinyl and read that information; then Click Blu-Ray, all the Price and Quanity Information Disappears !!

After you click on the Blu-Ray all the CD price changes to $24.98 for 3 CD - March 2018

What's up with the 3 CD vs 8 CD  :blink:

Actually, it might kinda make sense. The studio re-releases, including BBC Sessions, have this format with the different packages and download card. If How The East Was Won is to be coming soon, it would make sense to first convert HTWWW to the same format so it isn't the odd one out.

Edited by rm2551

24 minutes ago, rm2551 said:

Actually, it might kinda make sense. The studio re-releases, including BBC Sessions, have this format with the different packages and download card. If How The East Was Won is to be coming soon, it would make sense to first convert HTWWW to the same format so it isn't the odd one out.

Bravo, I like your theory. First a fine remaster of HTWWW in March, then in August I`ll get me the Super Deluxe HTEWW 8- (at least)- vinyl-set. And ok, I don`t mind a EC box by christmas.

Let`s hope so!

I updated the ledzepnews.com article above with the official product description. There are three different releases of high definition audio for this remaster other than vinyl and CD: The separate Blu-ray release, the DVD audio disc included in the deluxe box set, and the download of the high definition audio included in the deluxe box set.

7 hours ago, TonyCorlett said:

VINYL REVIVAL LIVE! 2018 LAUNCH PARTY

Celebrating 50 years of LED ZEPPELIN

Join us, to experience the first two classic Led Zep vinyl albums on a truly high-end Hi-Fi system, like you’ve never heard before!
Immerse yourself in all things ‘Music & Vinyl’ with guest speakers, exclusive album listening sessions, a pop-up record shop and vinyl pop art.

Hi-fi supplied by SONATA High-fidelity

Pop up Shop by Eel Pie Records Shop, Church Street, Twickenham

Pop Art provided by Supersize Art

Exclusive Limited Availability to 50 Advanced Tickets
Advanced Tickets: £6.00 available at eventbrite.co.uk
All bought Tickets include a £5 voucher towards Eel Pie Records Pop-up Shop or Treehouse Bar purchases at the event.

It would have been great to make that but sadly I can't get down to London that day.

Is this going to be basically Jimmy on his own plugging whatever they have planned
for the 50th or will Plant and Jones also be promoting? It's been what 2012 since
all 3 sat down and did a joint project together.  That was for the Celebration release
right?  

Looks like nothing 'official' will start until Sept 2018 according to @LedZepNews on
Twitter.  

As a message to JAP. I have watched this site forbyears but never logged in to post . Yes I am a mega fan. I also haven't successful job and family and career . I do t think i have to own up to how deep my " fanship" is but suffice to say it's deep. Made my way to the 07 show etc...I am onky sharing  what i have learned // I have no vested interest in anything else.

Not sure where the vitriol comes from but hey man.....get a life 

trying to share with so called like minded individuals 

1 hour ago, Urozep said:

As a message to JAP. I have watched this site forbyears but never logged in to post . Yes I am a mega fan. I also haven't successful job and family and career . I do t think i have to own up to how deep my " fanship" is but suffice to say it's deep. Made my way to the 07 show etc...I am onky sharing  what i have learned // I have no vested interest in anything else.

Not sure where the vitriol comes from but hey man.....get a life 

trying to share with so called like minded individuals 

Can one truly quantify the depths of ones fandom? What does absolute zero feel like? Do deaf people know when they fart?