Tell us ...What is your fantasy?

Scarlett

I never saw him again I gave the baby up for adoption I am not going to support a baby i can't even afford to support myself.

I new i was right.nothing can't be done about it men like me for sex but i am not good enough to be a wife though.

No I don't have any family and friends that can support me and they DO treat me like that.

believe me they do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goes to show you.

Not really I appreciate your positive attitude but i am giving up on my fantasy of being a wife to someone.

not really but thanks.i am in my 40's and i am not getting any yo8nger my dear.So I am not really

going to get my dream come true I don't even have a boyfriend.

i am asking Santa if he could find me someone that i am in love with.

If you post your picture on here, you may get a better chance.

celia---

I was going to say that THIS amazing woman is a bit jealous of Sam's forementioned amazing woman...

:lol:

(that was before I saw your post... :lol: )

Don't listen to her with her practicalities. <_< This is the fantasy thread! And in my fantasy, I'm fresh and frisky at the end of the hike.

So there! :P

Why do you want to be a wife so bad? Don't let that bother you. There are a lot more worthwhile things you can accomplish in life then being a wife. It's not as if your life with all of sudden change or improve. Marriage is not some magical revelation that makes everything better. There is no difference being a wife than a girlfriend. Other than a contract.

Posted by the guy who has never been married and not long ago was whining about not having a girlfriend, then whining because he had the hots for his buddy's girlfriend, and who persistently refuses to understand why people think his attitudes about women are ... shallow. Yep spats, I said that word again.

I've been a girlfriend, I've been a wife, and they are NOT the same thing. There is much more to it than that. You are right that marriage is not some magical revelation that will make everything right. It takes some work and effort and commitment by both people. It also often requires some compromises here and there. Those are all things you apparently can't or won't do.

Scarlett-- I have been married and now am not. I'm also in my 40s. I will say this... if you don't like your last name, you can get it legally changed. I don't think it's a complicated process and I don't think it costs a whole lot. If by 'good name' you mean your 'reputation', then perhaps you need to do something else instead. It's true that having a 'bad reputation' can make it more difficult, or seem that way, but it's not insurmountable.

If men think you are only good for sex, but not for marriage or committed relationships, then perhaps you might feel that way about yourself. You need to find some peace and acceptance about yourself first. It took me a lot of years and some hard work to figure out that I was 'okay'. I may not always do the right thing, I may not always have a good attitude about myself or others, but I've learned, finally, that it's okay for me to be... me. Yes, there are things to work on... I am a 'work-in-progress' and always will be... and that's okay. If I get into a relationship, that's fine. If I don't, that's fine too.

Maybe I'm way offbase, it wouldn't be the first time, but your posts sound like maybe that kind of thing is an issue for you. If not, great. Either way, take care.

... and to whoever commented that the whole thread seems kinda odd.... yeah, I hear ya. Sometimes the holidays bring out the best in us, other times it's the opposite.

...oops, almost forgot... my fantasy.... right now my fantasy is a nice nap, or failing that, a full night's sleep tonight. It's been awhile since I've had one of those, and it's catching up to me. B)

Posted by the guy who has never been married and not long ago was whining about not having a girlfriend, then whining because he had the hots for his buddy's girlfriend, and who persistently refuses to understand why people think his attitudes about women are ... shallow. Yep spats, I said that word again.

I've been a girlfriend, I've been a wife, and they are NOT the same thing. There is much more to it than that. You are right that marriage is not some magical revelation that will make everything right. It takes some work and effort and commitment by both people. It also often requires some compromises here and there. Those are all things you apparently can't or won't do.

Scarlett-- I have been married and now am not. I'm also in my 40s. I will say this... if you don't like your last name, you can get it legally changed. I don't think it's a complicated process and I don't think it costs a whole lot. If by 'good name' you mean your 'reputation', then perhaps you need to do something else instead. It's true that having a 'bad reputation' can make it more difficult, or seem that way, but it's not insurmountable.

If men think you are only good for sex, but not for marriage or committed relationships, then perhaps you might feel that way about yourself. You need to find some peace and acceptance about yourself first. It took me a lot of years and some hard work to figure out that I was 'okay'. I may not always do the right thing, I may not always have a good attitude about myself or others, but I've learned, finally, that it's okay for me to be... me. Yes, there are things to work on... I am a 'work-in-progress' and always will be... and that's okay. If I get into a relationship, that's fine. If I don't, that's fine too.

Maybe I'm way offbase, it wouldn't be the first time, but your posts sound like maybe that kind of thing is an issue for you. If not, great. Either way, take care.

... and to whoever commented that the whole thread seems kinda odd.... yeah, I hear ya. Sometimes the holidays bring out the best in us, other times it's the opposite.

...oops, almost forgot... my fantasy.... right now my fantasy is a nice nap, or failing that, a full night's sleep tonight. It's been awhile since I've had one of those, and it's catching up to me. B)

I have quite a few friends who are married. So i still know even if i never been married. There isn't much difference between a girlfriend and wife. It's just a title.

If you think i am shallow because i take looks into consideration when deciding to hook up with a girl. Fine. Most people care what someone looks like when choosing a girlfriend or boyfriend. So what if i have complained about not having a girlfriend right now. So what if i had the hots for a buddies girlfriend. What's that got to do with it? That does not make me shallow. It's normal to be unhappy about that.

What type of compromises are you talking about?

This is really XXX rated fantasy of mine, but :lol: here goes.

I want to wake up in the morning, and there is a beautiful woman standing nude :o in front of my bed and me and her go to town.

Pretty simple yeah? :P

Same here. Except she must be taller than me. :D

I have quite a few friends who are married. So i still know even if i never been married. There isn't much difference between a girlfriend and wife. It's just a title.

I seriously doubt that you do. I doubt that you have anything close to a clue regarding what a marriage is and how the relationships work (or don't). The things you've said before about your friends and their marriages, (or the impression you have of them) don't indicate anything beyond a very simplistic and very ego-centric viewpoint.

To most people I know, it's more than a title.

Gee, maybe you could start a poll. Ask if they think it's just a title or not, and ask if they're 'never been married', 'currently married', or 'married in past but not now'.

If you think i am shallow because i take looks into consideration when deciding to hook up with a girl. Fine. Most people care what someone looks like when choosing a girlfriend or boyfriend.

Nope, that's not why I think you are shallow. Hoqwever, I'm not going to explain it all again... and again... and again. You wouldn't or couldn't seem to understand it before and I have no reason to believe this time would be any different.

So what if i have complained about not having a girlfriend right now. So what if i had the hots for a buddies girlfriend. What's that got to do with it? That does not make me shallow. It's normal to be unhappy about that.

I wasn't saying you were shallow because of those things. I was saying that your post lacked credibility because of those things. You could've posted exactly what it feels like for a woman to deliver a baby or be pregnant with the same amount of credibility.

What type of compromises are you talking about?

I wasn't thinking of anything specific. The fact that you even have to ask shows your lack of credibility regarding marital relationships and the fact you felt the need to ask implies the egocentric viewpoint I referred to earlier in my post. Ifyou want to bring up all the (in your opinion) unfair compromises your buddies made, or specific examples from your own past that you thought weren't right, go ahead... but I'm not interested in pursuing that particular topic with you... again.

My fantasy---

I want to come home from work and school after a long day and see my house sparkling clean, everything neatly organized, laundry and dishes done and put away, cat fed, and plants watered...with a wonderful dinner waiting for me...just once...or maybe even just once a month?

I seriously doubt that you do. I doubt that you have anything close to a clue regarding what a marriage is and how the relationships work (or don't). The things you've said before about your friends and their marriages, (or the impression you have of them) don't indicate anything beyond a very simplistic and very ego-centric viewpoint.

To most people I know, it's more than a title.

Gee, maybe you could start a poll. Ask if they think it's just a title or not, and ask if they're 'never been married', 'currently married', or 'married in past but not now'.

Nope, that's not why I think you are shallow. Hoqwever, I'm not going to explain it all again... and again... and again. You wouldn't or couldn't seem to understand it before and I have no reason to believe this time would be any different.

I wasn't saying you were shallow because of those things. I was saying that your post lacked credibility because of those things. You could've posted exactly what it feels like for a woman to deliver a baby or be pregnant with the same amount of credibility.

I wasn't thinking of anything specific. The fact that you even have to ask shows your lack of credibility regarding marital relationships and the fact you felt the need to ask implies the egocentric viewpoint I referred to earlier in my post. Ifyou want to bring up all the (in your opinion) unfair compromises your buddies made, or specific examples from your own past that you thought weren't right, go ahead... but I'm not interested in pursuing that particular topic with you... again.

I seriously do. I see it all the time. Everything i have said about their marriages and relationships is spot on. Nothing ego centric about it. Their women are possessive, needy, and just plain annoying. And my buddies are weak for putting up with it. There is only one of my friends who has a relationship that i envy. But they aren't married or even live together so things could change. She might change if they move in together or get married.

Just because i don't have a girlfriend right now or that i had the hots for a buddies girlfriend doesn't hurt any credibility. That doesn't even make sense. I have been with a lot of girls and it is not uncommon to envy a buddy for having the babe he has for a girlfriend.

Don't pursue it if you don't want to but a woman nagging a guy to do something he isn't comfortable doing is just plain wrong. You can call it compromising until the cows come home. It's pressuring your guy to do something he doesn't feel comfortable doing. Nobody should do that to anyone. It's just human.

My fantasy---

I want to come home from work and school after a long day and see my house sparkling clean, everything neatly organized, laundry and dishes done and put away, cat fed, and plants watered...with a wonderful dinner waiting for me...just once...or maybe even just once a month?

Pffft... I wanted just ONE of those things on that list taken care of, just ONCE when I came home. And after 5 1/2 months of getting nowhere with that or anything else... well, somewhere else I said something about my new apartment. It's a much longer story than that of course- I'm just sayin', I feel ya.

As for my fantasy at this time? And sex has nothing to do with it 'cause I could be quite happy without that for like a year.. oh WAIT, I HAVE been just fine without it (worth mentioning) for a year! (Yes, I'm bitter)....

I just want my debt paid off and enough of a cushion that I can get a home loan approved and put up a healthy down payment. I'm tired of renting, I just really want to be a homeowner at this point.

Archived