Any time now.....

zola

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

He's still with the world's most predictable world music genre lineup so my anticipation is zero.

Man I agree. I liked how Plant always mixed it up between albums but his last few sound way too similar. He needs to mix it up and try a new approach. Shit, I think I would welcome a RP polka album over another SSS roots album.

However I think Plant is really missing the boat. I would really like him to corroborate with, say, a Siouxsie Sioux on the one hand, or a Jeff Beck / Jeff Baxter on the other hand. Anything but another reinterpretation of Americana roots music. Enough already.

4 hours ago, IpMan said:

Man I agree. I liked how Plant always mixed it up between albums but his last few sound way too similar. He needs to mix it up and try a new approach. Shit, I think I would welcome a RP polka album over another SSS roots album.

However I think Plant is really missing the boat. I would really like him to corroborate with, say, a Siouxsie Sioux on the one hand, or a Jeff Beck / Jeff Baxter on the other hand. Anything but another reinterpretation of Americana roots music. Enough already.

Yeah, I tend to agree. I think this line up has peaked with the whole world music thing, but plant loves the band on a personal and musical level so he'll feel he can take it upwards again. Plus he's earned rave reviews with this band, so he's probably thinking why ruin a good thing.

i don't expect him to come out bare-chested and summon virgins from the fjords of Norway anymore, but mixing it up would be good.

21 hours ago, Dallas Knebs said:

Vul holla

Oh god make it stop. :lol:

Saw Robert in 2011 with the Band of Joy and I almost fell asleep, besides songs impossible to screw up, played in very very ordinary fashion, like Ramble On.

Sadly, Polka Music must be heard live.  The best "rock polka" band out there?  Brave Combo.

Yeah, this one isn't necessarily polka, but along with hard rock, they can do various musical stylings:

I don't know why i cannot get the image of john belushi smashing an acoustic guitar, out of my head. 

It would be great if robert plant, revisted the sounds of mighty rearranger, if this is his favorite band...yet its been so long since that record, i guess we have to wait for john paul jones to play with, them crooked vultures to hear rock again. 

• 2 weeks later...

More tremolo pedal T Bone Burnett guitars and country knock off. Can anyone imagine what it would be like if Robert could work with a big rock guitarist again? For example I've always wondered what Plant could have done with Steve Vai. I would also love Jimmy to do something with Ozzy Osbourne. How epic would THAT be? Not as epic as Coverdale Page II obviously but still.

Looking forward to this, all I've bought this year so far have been countless remastered, remixed re-releases, live shows and box sets and gap fillers, finally some new music.

Edit to add, I forgot about the CRB releases, they're new music..Probably something else I forgot about..

1 hour ago, JTM said:

Looking forward to this, all I've bought this year so far have been countless remastered, remixed re-releases, live shows and box sets and gap fillers, finally some new music.

Agree with you, JTM.

I always look forward to hearing Plant's new stuff.

I might not like all of it, but he's making new music and putting himself out there.

The easy option is to rest on your laurels and wallow in the past.

Maybe he'll do an instrumental album one day (considering "away with words"). It'd be cool if he released the stuff he recorded with Daniel Lanois. I'd be excited if he did another Honeydrippers EP with Jimmy, Setzer and Jeff Beck or Nile Rodgers or an Elvis Presley covers / tribute album. 

R😎 

19 hours ago, ledzeppete said:

Oh dear...more dirge 🙄

only my opinion 👍 if you dig this stuff...enjoy when it comes out 👍👍

Sounds like he's been hanging out with David Lynch "twin peaks" a little lately. Maybe he's moving into doing soundtrack music. 

R😳

36 minutes ago, anniemouse said:

I like that he takes risks. I might like the new LP, I might not but considering how many acts just repeat themselves endlessly then this is refreshing.

Good post, well said anniemouse.

Archived