Bonzo would have been 59 years old at the 02 show

Jason is 41 years old and had alot of energy and stamina to play the 02 show.

What if Bonzo had put on alot of weight and was still smoking cigarettes.

or was in shape and not smoking, but still 59 years old.

would Jason be the 'better' drummer to play that show?

ok, I'm ready to be banished forever for asking this question***

What if Bonzo had never taken up drumming and had played the O2 show? Do you think he would have been as good as Jason?

It is completely subjective, but.....

I'm sure he could more than hold his own if he was still with us. And he would still be generous to a fault.

My goodness, he might even say that Dave Grohl is a better drummer than him! (not true, but he was modest, and did say nice things about others from time to time;even Stuart Copeland!)

If John had lived, he might have been the first to actually leave Led Zeppelin anyway-He grew to dislike touring and being away from his beloved family.

Then again, he might have bided his time and a joined a Hip-Hop group!.(Theres gold in them there beats!)

Perhaps its not good to dwell in the land of what might have been, but simply remember that he was a Master Musician, and a unique talent in a band who's music will still be known many centurys from now!

I have to agree with NickZepp and I dont see that as any slur on Jason I think he did his dad proud on the 10th Dec, but when I listen to Zeppelin Bonzo drove the beat hard and watch again yesterday him do the drum solo (Moby Dick) its a work of art, he's like a machine, yes he would be 59 but man I bet he could still bash those skins and do it in style.

All the best

Andy

B)

ok, I'm ready to be banished forever for asking this question***

who cares now,i think we are lucky to have jason,he is the only one who would be the right flavour to match the others. read johns biog's , there is some interesting bits about him changing the rack tom size at knebworth because he was having trouble reaching the floor toms ? and footage does back this up ,(he was still better than anyone else because he could SWING ).

I am sure that Jason would have loved not to have played at the o2 and had a father for the last 27 years.

Don't some people write some absolute bollocks here?

What if? What is some of you got a life. There is a life outside of Led Zepplelin as the three remaining members keep telling everyone - but no-one seems to want to listen.

Anyway well done Jason, you did a great job.

:beer: We'll never know, but I truly believe Bonzo could and would have been as good to this day.

A few weeks ago, I went to see Slade's Xmas gig, and drummer Don Powell, at 61 years of age has lost NOT A STEP, I tell you. He retains all of his speed and power, and is at the stage where he knows the songs in his sleep, as you might expect.

Why not Bonzo ? I say the thunder would be there, ALL OF IT !! :thumbsup:

A few weeks ago, I went to see Slade's Xmas gig, and drummer Don Powell, at 61 years of age has lost NOT A STEP, I tell you.

And what about Carmine Appice? Aynsley Dunbar? Bill Ward? Ian Paice? All contemporaries of Bonzo, and all still going great at their age. There's no reason to think that Bonzo couldn't have kept it up as well.

Archived