Kingdome release?

rm2551

11 hours ago, Mook said:

I know, I don't see what links it to the Kingdome other than it's the same date 40 years down the line? I'm sure Led Zeppelin played a number of gigs on the 7th July.

Is the '1' key on your keyboard stuck? ;)

Bet you anything this is pure BS. Don't get your hopes up folks, if you're a live Zep lover like me, news of this being fake would ruin your day. ;) Just going on a strong hunch. And plus, why would the image come out before cover art of Dues Ex Machina? Sure theres the soundboard and upgrade of the video being hoarded, but I don't see it. I don't think anybody would hype up Seattle '77 upgrade more than a 3/21/75 soundboard either. Seattle '77 has already been released, video and video soundtrack. Don't see it.

And Zeppelin would never release 7/17/77. Not as a standalone, not in Jimmy's lifetime.

10 hours ago, Strider said:

Is the '1' key on your keyboard stuck? 

Apologies, it's that daft wrong way round American date that's thrown me.

Clearly it's something to be released on 17th July 17.

11 hours ago, Dirty Work said:

Bet you anything this is pure BS. Don't get your hopes up folks, if you're a live Zep lover like me, news of this being fake would ruin your day. ;) Just going on a strong hunch. And plus, why would the image come out before cover art of Dues Ex Machina? Sure theres the soundboard and upgrade of the video being hoarded, but I don't see it. I don't think anybody would hype up Seattle '77 upgrade more than a 3/21/75 soundboard either. Seattle '77 has already been released, video and video soundtrack. Don't see it.

And Zeppelin would never release 7/17/77. Not as a standalone, not in Jimmy's lifetime.

I know what the cover art of Dues Ex Machina is.    What's wrong with giving a tease of the 7/17/77 ?  It's hidden in a sheet and will be much different than cover art of Dues Ex Machina

On 5/24/2017 at 5:13 PM, ZepHead315 said:

I thought that the general consensus based on this discussion at Royal Orleans was that the main source used for the 9/29 show was a soundboard/feed from a multitrack and NOT an audience recording.

Yes - but based on how good the 9-28-71 soundboard snippet sounds, it would seem that a regular/true soundboard source for 9-29 would sound a good deal better than the botched multitrack/stage-mic recording of 9-29 that currently circulates.

16 hours ago, tmtomh said:

Yes - but based on how good the 9-28-71 soundboard snippet sounds, it would seem that a regular/true soundboard source for 9-29 would sound a good deal better than the botched multitrack/stage-mic recording of 9-29 that currently circulates.

Huh. I did not know that! Well, now I know what to add to my soundboard holy grail list! :smiley_pray:

• 5 months later...

As an aside, I just saw this video of Wings at the Kingdome in 76, a year before Zep played.

The video quality is very similar, perhaps slightly better, to the Zep footage and is clearly sourced from the same feed for the in-house big screen.

Footage is extremely dark in places and you think the Kingdome might have adjusted the lighting or cameras to improve the quality on the screen for future gigs.

A shame they didn't improve it in time for Zep playing the following year. 

However, I imagine the screens were 95 per cent used for sporting events that were on during the day or illuminated by giant floodlights.

Would be interesting to see other night time gigs from the Kingdome to see if they all suffer from the same poor quality.

Just typical of Zep, that the one semi proshot gig, that we know of, in 77 is pretty poor in quality and doesn't have a multi-track :(

Archived