Pro rock writer who interviewed Jimmy Page selling guitar pick

Hi:
I am a pro rock journalist who has been writing for many years. Back in '86, I interviewed Jimmy Page in Florida for a story which later appeared on the cover of Guitar World in July 1986. I asked Jimmy for a guitar pick and he gave me one. It is one of his Herco picks, non-logo. I am selling that guitar pick and wanted to let you know. It is absolutely real and authentic. I have been - and still am - a professional rock journalist for over 40 years. I've developed a reputation of honesty and trust and have built relationships with many musicians and magazines based on my integrity.

I am attaching photos of Page and I - the color shot is at a photo shoot right after i conducted the interview and the guitar pick is still in Jimmy's pocket and it will be given to me a few minutes after this shot was taken. The black-and-white is a shot of Page and i on the Starship backk in '77 and the mag cover is the story that appeared.

To be honest, it is an expensive pick but exceedingly rare. If you're interested, please give me a shout on my private email: scrosen@sbcglobal.net.

Many thanks,

Steve

Jimmy Page.jpg

Jimmy Page.jpg

GW-0786_0_2.jpg

I still have that Guitar Player issue from 1977 with the Jimmy Page interview. That, along with the Nick Kent and Chris Saliewicz ones, are the few full-length in-depth interviews with Jimmy published in the '70s during the band's heyday. 

Good job, Steven. I was talking to someone else who was covering that tour, and they mentioned bumping into you and you were frantic because you were up against a deadline and having a hard time nailing Jimmy down for some time to interview him. Obviously, it all worked out in the end.

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, sam_webmaster said:

Thanks, Sam. Can't decide how interested I am in this item. I don't think I'm a player at $250.00, as it isn't a logo pick. 

Steve,

None of the legitimate ones are.  I got one at a Page/Plant concert in Denver and I was disappointed at first when I got it as it looked like a generic pick.  His guitar tech (John?) grabbed it off the top of Jimmy's amp and gave it to me.  He told me Jimmy only likes the older Herco picks - the new ones feel "thicker", so the picks are very hard to come by (another reason Jimmy doesn't toss them out to the crowd)..    

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

None of the legitimate ones are.  I got one at a Page/Plant concert in Denver and I was disappointed at first when I got it as it looked like a generic pick.  His guitar tech (John?) grabbed it off the top of Jimmy's amp and gave it to me.  He told me Jimmy only likes the older Herco picks - the new ones feel "thicker", so the picks are very hard to come by (another reason Jimmy doesn't toss them out to the crowd)..    

Not entirely true... I got this pick from one of the Page/Crowes shows at Roseland:

page-crowes-pick.jpg

On 5/26/2017 at 4:47 PM, Boleskinner said:

Dude, I know it was the 80s and it was Florida, but those shorts...

LOL.

OP's, just about everyone wore them in Florida & the west coast back in the day. Usually with a Polo shirt and a pair of Van's. I admit, I had a couple of pair myself.

Anyway, too bad Jimmy did not give him that sweet b-Bender but a pick is nothing to slouch at.

22 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

His guitar tech (John?) grabbed it off the top of Jimmy's amp and gave it to me. 

Denver was 1995...Jimmy's guitar tech on the 1995-96 World Tour was Lionel Ward. He can clearly be seen in this thumbnail for the Glasgow video that I personally recorded that night (someone else has uploaded it to You Tube).

He can also be seen in the shadows to the left of Jimmy during the theremin solo in the video I filmed in St. Austell later that week. See also 5:17 of the same below.

14 minutes ago, Boleskinner said:

I would expect nothing less from an Edinburgh boy ;-)

You should buy a pair and head doon to the Grassmarket.

Christ, I can't remember the last time I was in the Grassmarket, the place is full of stag dos, hen nights & terrible cover bands.

The perfect place to get away with a pair of shorts like that actually.

Archived