Neil Young in NYC 12/18/07...

Wolfman

Saw Neil at the United Palace Theater last Tues. night in NYC....great show....UPT has to be one of the most beautiful theateres ever...all gold....seats sucked though...I was upstairs and you have to lean up to see below you...very lame....plus the stupid bitch behind me kept screaming....not to support Neil....just to draw attention to herself....LAME....one of the more interesting aspects of the show is that there's an artist who paints a picture during each song....by the end, he places it up front...they were obscure pics with the song's title on it....very cool....he did acoustic for about an hour and then electric for an hour....can't find the set list....here's the acoustic set though (he pretty much as been playing the same songs for this set)...BTW, I loved the electric set...he did some great feedback solos (lots of the older crowd left so I moved up front...lame people)...GOOD SHOW!!!

From Hank to Hendrix

Ambulance Blues

Day and Night We Walk These Aisles

A Man Needs a Maid

No One Seems to Know

Harvest

Campaigner

Journey Through the Past

Mellow My Mind

Love Art Blues

Love is a Rose

plus the stupid bitch behind me kept screaming....not to support Neil....just to draw attention to herself....LAME

When I saw Neil in 2000 there was a fella on the lawn that insisted upon yelling "DONALD! DUCK! DUNN!" until he completely lost his voice.

I can't believe people can walk out of a Neil Young concert. But sometimes it works in your favour. Way back in '89 me and my friends couldn't afford tickets to Neil, so we just went and sat outside the venue to listen and feel sorry for ourselves. About half an hour in, three drunk women came stumbling out saying Neil sucked and just handed us their tickets! We couldn't believe it, and it turned out to be the best concert I've ever seen.

I really hope Neil comes back to Australia. You're so lucky! Thanks for the review. The shows sound amazing.

Archived