2017 NHL season

LedZeppfan1977

22 hours ago, ebk said:

Wow... how bout them Caps!!!  

I guess this means I sorta have to keep paying attention...

Congrats long-suffering Caps fans! They finally beat Sid the Kid and the Pens in a playoff series.

Still two more rounds to go...which means they could still become the Choking Dogs. 😜

21 hours ago, Strider said:

Congrats long-suffering Caps fans! They finally beat Sid the Kid and the Pens in a playoff series.

Still two more rounds to go...which means they could still become the Choking Dogs. 😜

Well, the "choking dogs" tag earned during the Ovechkin era was from their inability to get past the second round (and often just past the first), esp. past the Pens. They exorcised both demons by winning two days ago. They'll have a tough time against Tampa Bay, but it's not impossible for Washington to give them a good fight.

I still think the winner of the Preds/Jets series should be the favorite to win it all - that was/is a conference-final-quality series a round early...

Just now, Strider said:

I wish the NHL would go back to the #1 through #8 seeding brackets for the playoffs.

Completely agreed.

We get heavyweights against each other far too early now.

I have to go with Jets/Lightning, with the Jets winning for now. They were very impressive against the Preds, and the Preds and Jets were #1 and #2 in overall points in the regular season despite being in the same division - they are very strong.

On 5/14/2018 at 10:53 AM, zepscoda said:

FB_IMG_1526309560354.jpg

That guy grew his arms back and kicked the other guy's ass. Man, that was a beatdown after game 1. (I liked the "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" reference though - "Only a flesh wound...")

I really don't want them to win, but they look incredible right now. I think Tampa would give them a more challenging final, but it may not matter who plays them...

Congratulations to Team USA for beating Team Canada in the bronze medal game in the World Championships today. Also, congratulations to Sweden for winning two years straight and to Switzerland for getting to the gold medal game and forcing Sweden to a shootout.

The Capitals have outplayed Tampa but not been rewarded.  Tonight I expect them to win and force a game 7 and win it.  They are the best team left.  I hope that fucking Holtby does not give up another soft goal.   Go Capitals.  And to me the Capitals would beat Vegas.  Tampa will have more trouble with them.  Washington can play shut down defense better than Tampa. Tampa is getting better goalending right now and that is the only reason its 3-2.  But its far from over.

I'm rooting for the Caps tonight too, but, right now, I don't think either team can beat Vegas. They are just too clinical and powerful.

Of the three teams left, I would most strongly prefer the Caps to win the Cup - I just don't think they will. I'd love for them to prove me wrong, though.

On 5/21/2018 at 2:15 PM, ForEvermore said:

I'm rooting for the Caps tonight too, but, right now, I don't think either team can beat Vegas. They are just too clinical and powerful.

Of the three teams left, I would most strongly prefer the Caps to win the Cup - I just don't think they will. I'd love for them to prove me wrong, though.

Disagree totally.  I am really hoping the Caps win.  They can play shut down D.  Have the star power to win.  Ovetchkin, Backstrom, Connolly, Eller, Oshie, Orpik, Carlson.   Go Caps Go

4 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Disagree totally.  I am really hoping the Caps win.  They can play shut down D.  Have the star power to win.  Ovetchkin, Backstrom, Connolly, Eller, Oshie, Orpik, Carlson.   Go Caps Go

I want them to win, and if they get there, I'll root for them.

But, the heart can't get in the way of the head - Vegas right now is better than both teams.

I don't want them to win, but that doesn't mean they won't.

On 5/7/2018 at 6:23 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Its a travesty that they allowed them to build an expansion team like this.

^What do you mean exactly?

Very happy for the Caps. Going to be a lot of fun watching Ovechkin in the finals, bet he goes off. I predict they beat the Golden Knights.

14 minutes ago, ForEvermore said:

Congratulations, Capitals! :nhl:

I wish you had home ice advantage against Vegas, but still, good luck! 

Nah...  they play way better on the road.  So this may actually work out.  

May.....................

11 hours ago, paplbojo said:

^What do you mean exactly?

Very happy for the Caps. Going to be a lot of fun watching Ovechkin in the finals, bet he goes off. I predict they beat the Golden Knights.

Well why don't you take a look at their lineup and see where they got their players.  They were allowed to take an established player from every team.  Fleury and Neil are two good examples.  They are not a true expansion team of rookies and new players.  They are a second line all star team that was put together with bullshit rules to give them a shot.  Well that sure worked out.  

Back to other poster, I like Washington to undress them for the pretenders they are.  Winning on adrenalen and trying to psych teams out with slot machines and that stupid knight act.   Ovetchkin and Backstrom and Connelly and  a bunch of Russians I cant spell are one heck of a lock down unit but getting the lead is crucial to Washington and the way they play.  But they are a quick strike team as are Vegas but a guy like Karllson the Swede is not Alexander Ovetchkin.  No way Jose.  Go Capitals!!!!  Underdogs too.  Unreal.  Only slight advantage Vegas has is the goalie. Fluery is probably a tad better than Holtby but Holtby has been great other than a couple of those Tampa games has been great.

I like sports but they aren't a priority. I don't get the leisure required to spend quality time with the television. Of American sports I like watching the occasional hockey game. Football is great. Lately I am into baseball. With European sports I like cricket and golf and watching the occasional rugby game. Rugby is the most exciting but makes your brain go numb if you watch it too much.

Archived