2017 NHL season

LedZeppfan1977

Sabres played two great periods and Bobrovsky stoned us.  Breakaway by O'Reilly and he stopped us.  That is our problem.  Goaltending.  The talk is Evander Kane will be moved as he is in his last contract year and the Sabres would rather get something for him than pay big for him next year.  I just hope a goalie is in the package.  Even though we have the big Finn that is only 18 and could be our goalie of the future.  But he is not even in Rochester yet.  

My second favorite team the Blues are looking mighty good.  I have always liked the Kings and Canucks and the Kings are doing great and the Canucks, though not expected to get in, are surprising, at least on last road trip.  Vegas is really surprising people.  

On 10/26/2017 at 1:42 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Sabres played two great periods and Bobrovsky stoned us.  Breakaway by O'Reilly and he stopped us.  That is our problem.  Goaltending.  The talk is Evander Kane will be moved as he is in his last contract year and the Sabres would rather get something for him than pay big for him next year.  I just hope a goalie is in the package.  Even though we have the big Finn that is only 18 and could be our goalie of the future.  But he is not even in Rochester yet.  

My second favorite team the Blues are looking mighty good.  I have always liked the Kings and Canucks and the Kings are doing great and the Canucks, though not expected to get in, are surprising, at least on last road trip.  Vegas is really surprising people.  

I watched some of the Knights game yesterday. That is a fun team to watch. My Rangers on the other hand are very, very difficult to watch. Unfortunately tonight's game is no different.

Coaches Corner is greatness! It's on now..the MSG network needs to do that. All 4 NY/NJ that they carry have more than enough classic players from the past that would be great in a format such as Coaches Corner. 

20 hours ago, zepscoda said:

I watched some of the Knights game yesterday. That is a fun team to watch. My Rangers on the other hand are very, very difficult to watch. Unfortunately tonight's game is no different.

Coaches Corner is greatness! It's on now..the MSG network needs to do that. All 4 NY/NJ that they carry have more than enough classic players from the past that would be great in a format such as Coaches Corner. 

The Blues are my pick to take the Cup this year.  So far they look plenty good.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, zepscoda said:

The refs kind of made up for it with that BS hooking call

I agree with you.  Sabres are back in it.  I wonder just how much this wind really matters?  I think we get the wind in the second half of the third?  You guys have the better goalie and the more veteran team. We are young and have no good goalie. But the Sabres will be plenty good soon.  Rochester Americans are the farm team and they have 3rd best record in the crazy large AHL

28 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I agree with you.  Sabres are back in it.  I wonder just how much this wind really matters?  I think we get the wind in the second half of the third?  You guys have the better goalie and the more veteran team. We are young and have no good goalie. But the Sabres will be plenty good soon.  Rochester Americans are the farm team and they have 3rd best record in the crazy large AHL

They are about to change sides,  but they say there's no wind down on ice level. 

Rangers need to put more shots on goal. 

5 hours ago, zepscoda said:

Good game!

It was but I just cannot see them giving the Rangers a PP on that flimsy call in OT.  Two minutes is a long time with these new rules

And Houseley should be fired.   He has half of the Rochester AHL squad out there at a critical time

18 hours ago, zepscoda said:

Good game!

Do you honestly think that power play was justified in a game like this?  It was a very marginal call.  The Rangers got one dive in earlier.  I know a dive when I see one.  These guys can skate and are not falling down that easily.  You touch him and boom he falls.  He should have been called for diving.  The kid in the box in OT was up from Rochester.  What the hell is he doing out there on a 3 on 3 when you have so many better options?  Houseley has scewed this team up so damn bad.  I want him gone and the goalies gone  That means Lehner and Chad Johnson who stinks.  Ullmark was player of the week in the AHL last week.  So why the hell have they not called him up yet?  Or any of the other Amerks that are doing great?  I know they realize we are not going anywhere this year but you must try.  Pegula has his attention on the Bills right now and rightfully so as they are now in the dance.  But for so many years the Sabres were the best team in Buffalo.  They can be at least tied with the Bills next year if they find a real coach, like Lindy Ruff and get Miller back.  Both long shots.

10 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Do you honestly think that power play was justified in a game like this?  It was a very marginal call.  The Rangers got one dive in earlier.  I know a dive when I see one.  These guys can skate and are not falling down that easily.  You touch him and boom he falls.  He should have been called for diving.  The kid in the box in OT was up from Rochester.  What the hell is he doing out there on a 3 on 3 when you have so many better options?  Houseley has scewed this team up so damn bad.  I want him gone and the goalies gone  That means Lehner and Chad Johnson who stinks.  Ullmark was player of the week in the AHL last week.  So why the hell have they not called him up yet?  Or any of the other Amerks that are doing great?  I know they realize we are not going anywhere this year but you must try.  Pegula has his attention on the Bills right now and rightfully so as they are now in the dance.  But for so many years the Sabres were the best team in Buffalo.  They can be at least tied with the Bills next year if they find a real coach, like Lindy Ruff and get Miller back.  Both long shots.

Reffs were pretty inconsistent calling penalties all day. No way that should have been called.

The ice was in pretty good shape for the first 2 period, but got real bouncy in the 3rd.  I really like how the NHL network has a pre / post game for a few hours surrounding the event. It' hard to believe it' been 10 years since the first one!

I hope Lindy stays with the Rangers,  but I' sure he will be a head coach somewhere next season. The Rangers passing game has never been this good under AV.  I have got to think it's Lindy who has these guys passing so well. It' a noticeable difference. 

14 hours ago, zepscoda said:

Reffs were pretty inconsistent calling penalties all day. No way that should have been called.

The ice was in pretty good shape for the first 2 period, but got real bouncy in the 3rd.  I really like how the NHL network has a pre / post game for a few hours surrounding the event. It' hard to believe it' been 10 years since the first one!

I hope Lindy stays with the Rangers,  but I' sure he will be a head coach somewhere next season. The Rangers passing game has never been this good under AV.  I have got to think it's Lindy who has these guys passing so well. It' a noticeable difference. 

I really wish the Sabres would get Lindy back.  He is not an assistant coach.  He is a head coach and has more success than Vignault has ever had.  He had one of the longest tenures in NHL history, I think 2nd or 3rd?  He had the Sabres in the mix pretty much every year.  They should have won in 2006 but they lost 4 starting defenseman for that game 7 and still took a 3-2 lead into the third period.  That was one of the most bitter loss's in Buffalo history.  Edmonton was toast vs either team.  They were an 8 seed that somehow made it to the finals.  The real final was Carolina and Buffalo.  I can't blame Miller.  And I wish we could get him and Ruff back.  He does not seem to care.  He is a backup in Anaheim.  For his wife. He would start in Buffalo.   

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, zepscoda said:

Dark days up at the Garden,  dark days.

Nash looks so odd in a Bruins jersey.

FB_IMG_1519645608801.jpg

As miserable as this season has gone for my Buffalo Sabres they sure know how to beat Boston.  Kicked their arse again Sunday, 4-1 without Eichel who is out for the season.

The Blues, my other team, are in a downward plunge.  And with the talent on that team only one thing can be going on. YAO, AKA Marble head, has totally lost this team.  Fire his ass now before its too damn late. Go get Ruff in there

7 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

As miserable as this season has gone for my Buffalo Sabres they sure know how to beat Boston.  Kicked their arse again Sunday, 4-1 without Eichel who is out for the season.

...and now no Kane either:

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/22587371/san-jose-sharks-acquire-evander-kane-buffalo-sabres

In better news, my Flyers are top of the Metropolitan Division! :D Not bad for a team that was tied for the 3rd-worst record in hockey on Dec. 2...

Archived