2017 NHL season

LedZeppfan1977

16 hours ago, zepscoda said:

We'll see... Columbus just tied it at 2, early in the game though. Mid way into the  2nd

I'm happy for Winipeg good to see them move forward. I don' think the'll be getting past Vegas.

I guess I just cannot get used to Winnipeg going to the second round.  This is no doubt the best NHL team they have ever put on the ice and that includes back when they had Dale Hawerchuk, the ex Jet/Sabre.  But like I say, a totally different animal on the road.Vegas is one of the most unlikely stories in sports.  I mean, how the hell are they doing it?  Can you name anyone on their team other than Fleury?  The goalie that likely has a chip on his shoulder. Teams like the Blues and Florida who should have made the playoffs sitting at home.  I still say the Blues should have fired marble head and they would have been fine.

I hope the Leafs win this game tonight.  For their long suffering fans and I think most of us Buffalo fans are behind them tonight.  The Penguins are still the team to beat.  But they are pitted against no doubt the team that can give them fits.  Crosby himself said he expects a different Washington team.  They shut Columbus down big time when they had to.  Never panicked and blew them out in game 6 and did not lose on the road.  They are very good on the road.  They must be good both home and away to beat Pittsburgh.  I feel they have one advantage over Pittsburgh.  Defense  Pittsburgh just beats you by outscoring you. If you can find a way to stop or minimize the damage they do on offense, you can score on their often lethargic defense.  Ovetchkin needs to reach down deep and play harder than he ever has.  They will have to beat two great teams to get to the finals.  The Penguins and then likely Tampa?  Unless the Leafs or Bruins can upset them.  Tampa has had their own lapse's at times.  Will this long lay off take them off their game?  Nashville and Winnipeg is very interesting.  Winnipeg is a monster at home.  But they must find a way to win one in Nashville.  They are a better offensive team than Nashville no doubt.  Goaltending goes to Nashville.  The Sharks are going to go in and give Vegas a wake up call.  I am picking the Sharks to win game 1.  We shall see

5 hours ago, Anjin-san said:

Great Game! GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a collase!  As a Rangers fan I can't bring myself to route for Boston , unless of course they end up play Cindy & the Pens.

It's time for the Great 8 to take out Crosby ..Caps in 6 !

1 hour ago, zepscoda said:

What a collase!  As a Rangers fan I can't bring myself to route for Boston , unless of course they end up play Cindy & the Pens.

It's time for the Great 8 to take out Crosby ..Caps in 6 !

Still pissed about Brad Park?:P

8 hours ago, zepscoda said:

unless of course they end up play Cindy & the Pens

Don't worry.  The Caps will take care of that.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

15 minutes ago, paplbojo said:

Should've bet Vegas... San Jose never had a chance.

They could still get six in the 3rd period - where's your faith? :nhl_checking:

2 hours ago, ebk said:

Don't worry.  The Caps will take care of that.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

...sigh... Is it too soon to say "Same Ol' Caps"?

The Las Vegas Golden Knights are hosting Game 1 of the second round of the playoffs, but the opening ceremony at the arena for it would lead you to believe they were about to play Game 7 of The Finals. "Opening ceremony" for a second round playoff game is just nauseating. I hate how NHL has essentially killed this sport for me through over-expansion and a family friendly focus.

5 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

The Las Vegas Golden Knights are hosting Game 1 of the second round of the playoffs, but the opening ceremony at the arena for it would lead you to believe they were about to play Game 7 of The Finals. "Opening ceremony" for a second round playoff game is just nauseating. I hate how NHL has essentially killed this sport for me through over-expansion and a family friendly focus.

Lmao wow.

23 hours ago, Anjin-san said:

Still pissed about Brad Park?:P

Park with Bobby Orr .. 1970 & 1976

What' pretty cool is, if I' not mistaken,  when Brian Leetch landed on Boston for that one season, he used #22  insted of #2, just like Park did.

1970-Against NY Ranger Brad Park.jpg

1975-Playing Defense With Brad Park.jpg

Can you imagine telling a hockey fan in 1978 that 40 years later the Stanley Cup Finals would be between Las Vegas and Tampa Bay and that Canada would be strangers to the championship of their own sport?

6 minutes ago, Remi said:

Last game of Winnipeg was insane, 6 wonderful goals

It would be the big story if not for bloody Vegas.  Its a travesty that they allowed them to build an expansion team like this.  On deck is Seattle but doubt they will have the same success.  June 22nd is the draft and my Sabres have the number one pick.  Expect it to be Dahlin, the Swedish defenseman

Archived