2017 NHL season

LedZeppfan1977

I can't get behind a team that didn't even exist last year. I don't want to hear any tales about "long-suffering Las Vegas fans", hahaha.

Crikey, the NHL poobahs practically gift-wrapped the playoffs for Las Vegas the way they rigged their birth. You can guarantee, from the other owners anger, that the NHL will never allow that to happen with the next expansion team.

The NHL definitely wants Washington to win. Ovechkin finally winning a Cup is the better story than Vegas winning. 

And who is in goal for Las Vegas? Fleury...like Sid Crosby and the Pens, another bane of Caps playoff history. So, for Washington to hoist the Stanley Cup they will have to exorcise another ghost.

On 5/25/2018 at 2:06 PM, Strider said:

I can't get behind a team that didn't even exist last year. I don't want to hear any tales about "long-suffering Las Vegas fans", hahaha.

Crikey, the NHL poobahs practically gift-wrapped the playoffs for Las Vegas the way they rigged their birth. You can guarantee, from the other owners anger, that the NHL will never allow that to happen with the next expansion team.

The NHL definitely wants Washington to win. Ovechkin finally winning a Cup is the better story than Vegas winning. 

And who is in goal for Las Vegas? Fleury...like Sid Crosby and the Pens, another bane of Caps playoff history. So, for Washington to hoist the Stanley Cup they will have to exorcise another ghost.

Vegas is not a true expansion team.  They stole a ton of players.  Neal from Nashville, robbing them of their shot. And Fleury is the only reason they are still playing. Washington will take them down.  

Another reason I can't root for Vegas...their cheesy obnoxious pre-game routine. Like a bad night at Medieval Times. Way too long, too...delays the game nearly a full period. Very bad taste on Memorial Day. 

Just bring out the dancing showgirls, ferchrissakes.

48 minutes ago, zepscoda said:

You put 4 pucks past Flurry , you better win the game.  This loss has got to fuck with the Caps heads 

I am so fucking pissed those stinking bastard Zebra's blew another big game.  Reaves cross checks Caps defenseman in front of everyone on the planet and no call!!!!  Eddie O and Doc Emerick saw it.  And replayed it 3 times.  Should have been NO FUCKING GOAL.   That tied the game at 4-4.  The Caps could have played their lock down trap defense and stymied them.  But noooooooo.  The fucking crooked refs had it in for the Caps.  Bastards.  But they sure took a long look at Wilson's beautiful hit at center ice sending that euro fella to the showers.  Caps will rebound like they did against Columbus, Pittsburgh and Tampa.  

17 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I am so fucking pissed those stinking bastard Zebra's blew another big game.  Reaves cross checks Caps defenseman in front of everyone on the planet and no call!!!!  Eddie O and Doc Emerick saw it.  And replayed it 3 times.  Should have been NO FUCKING GOAL.   That tied the game at 4-4.  The Caps could have played their lock down trap defense and stymied them.  But noooooooo.  The fucking crooked refs had it in for the Caps.  Bastards.  But they sure took a long look at Wilson's beautiful hit at center ice sending that euro fella to the showers.  Caps will rebound like they did against Columbus, Pittsburgh and Tampa.  

Caps NEED this win tonight. I figure Vegas will take at least one game when they go up to DC.  

8 hours ago, zepscoda said:

Caps NEED this win tonight. I figure Vegas will take at least one game when they go up to DC.  

I agree.

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

It would be nice if they win it.  But I am not counting them out if they go  down 2-0

They only way they wouldn't be out, after going down 2-0, would be to win both games 3 and 4. If they did win both, anyone's series; if they didn't, I don't know how they would come back from 3-1 down against this opponent.

But, let's hope they win tonight - that's the best way forward.

2 hours ago, zepscoda said:

What a save!

You got that right. Wow...thought for sure Vegas was going to tie it up right there! "The Save" will go down in D.C. lore.

2 hours ago, ebk said:

Woohoo - not swept!!  :D 

Come on...not even a teeny-weeny bit of optimism? 😏

20 hours ago, ebk said:

Woohoo - not swept!!  :D 

Why dont you believe they will win this?  I picked them to meet the Blues in the beginning of the year. Then when the brackets came out I picked the Capitals to win the Cup over the Wild.  Dead wrong in the West and I believe them losing Parise did not help.  But I think I have this.  Caps are going to win

And that is whether they get their injured player that is hot in these playoffs back or not.  Eller and Connolly are helping out the legends Ovy and Backstrom and the D is the best in the playoffs.  Orpik, Ochie, Carlson,  and Orlov are all pitching in and they play team defense very well.  Holtby is playing lights out as that save he made reminded me of a few Parent made on my Sabres in 1975 to rob us blind.  Washington are the better and more experienced team

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Why dont you believe they will win this?  I picked them to meet the Blues in the beginning of the year. Then when the brackets came out I picked the Capitals to win the Cup over the Wild.  Dead wrong in the West and I believe them losing Parise did not help.  But I think I have this.  Caps are going to win

And that is whether they get their injured player that is hot in these playoffs back or not.  Eller and Connolly are helping out the legends Ovy and Backstrom and the D is the best in the playoffs.  Orpik, Ochie, Carlson,  and Orlov are all pitching in and they play team defense very well.  Holtby is playing lights out as that save he made reminded me of a few Parent made on my Sabres in 1975 to rob us blind.  Washington are the better and more experienced team

Rick, if I put faith in all the teams you're sure will win, I'd be broke ;)  

20 hours ago, Strider said:

You got that right. Wow...thought for sure Vegas was going to tie it up right there! "The Save" will go down in D.C. lore.

Come on...not even a teeny-weeny bit of optimism? 😏

I live in Washington DC and root for the Baltimore Orioles.  So...no? :)   Hey, we won a game in the finals - that's good!  Way better than last time.

15 hours ago, zepscoda said:

Red lights look cool !!

Image result for sting shaggy washington capitals

Roxanne. You don't have to turn on the red light... Nice little show on G street before the game.

12 hours ago, zepscoda said:

As soon as Pat Sayjak came out on the ice to introduce the teams, I knew I had to make this......

PicsArt_06-02-07.34.39.jpg

:lol: Classic, Dallas! Totally mental! Rock On

You know, watching the Caps play tonight reminds me of the scene in the first Matrix film where Neo, after he is shot to bits by Mr. Smith and his companions, gets back up, and Morpheus says "He's beginning to believe..."

They are making the Knights look bad now.

15 hours ago, zepscoda said:

Caps have total control of this game. 

If not the series. Now we have to wait all the way until Thursday night for game 5. The way the NHL and NBA schedule these series sucks. Too many long three day gaps.

On 5/31/2018 at 10:01 PM, ebk said:

Rick, if I put faith in all the teams you're sure will win, I'd be broke ;)  

I live in Washington DC and root for the Baltimore Orioles.  So...no? :)   Hey, we won a game in the finals - that's good!  Way better than last time.

Well get ready EBK.  This time they are  going to hoist the Cup.  Believe it!  They are deep and loaded.  Its not just the Ovetchkin and Backstrom show any more.  I am  going to win the contest I am in as I am the only one that picked Washington to win the Cup.  Just saying that to save myself the disgrace of picking the O's this year.  What a train wreck.  But the Capitals are no train wreck.  They are a freight train.  And they have guys like Eller, Connolly and Oshie (having some playoffs), Orpik and Carlson and more.  And lets not forget Holtby and that great save he made.  That was the type of saves that beat my Sabres in 1975 vs a Philly team we outshot 3-1

Archived