2017 NHL season

LedZeppfan1977

13 hours ago, ForEvermore said:

...and now no Kane either:

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/22587371/san-jose-sharks-acquire-evander-kane-buffalo-sabres

In better news, my Flyers are top of the Metropolitan Division! :D Not bad for a team that was tied for the 3rd-worst record in hockey on Dec. 2...

We knew Kane was gone.  I like the guy but I am not heart broken to see him go.  I wish him the best.  We got the reigning AHL rookie of the year, a number one and number 4 pick for him.  A better return if you compare it to many NFL deals

11 hours ago, chef free said:

Anybody see the Montreal vs. Philly game?  DAMN!

I sure did! Two goalies saying "Thou shalt not score!" for 65 minutes - insane...

Kind of a shame that it had to be decided by a shootout - this was one of those games where the old-fashioned tie would have been the most just result.

10 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

We knew Kane was gone.  I like the guy but I am not heart broken to see him go.  I wish him the best.  We got the reigning AHL rookie of the year, a number one and number 4 pick for him.  A better return if you compare it to many NFL deals

Well, as long as you got good value for him, that's what really matters. Talented players come and go - thinking back over time, if Gretzky can be traded, anyone can...

15 hours ago, zepscoda said:

16 hours ago, zepscoda said:

Vegas came in second as its new they should be high.  Seattle will likely be number one next year?  I think that Buffalo, my team's arena is better than advertized.  These guys had us mid pack.  But they did rate it very high as far as the way fans are moved in and out easily and the accomodations.  I have no complaints whatsoever other than the team we have right now or should I say the coach.  I expect we will be much better next year when these young guys are more experienced and we get another high draft pick.  Hopefully the top.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, ForEvermore said:

Best time of the year! :D

I am so disgusted St Louis was knocked out on the final game.  So now I filled out a bracket like yours.  I am taking a shot with Washington over the Minnesota Wild.   This is a strange year.  With Vegas doing so well and all.  I am taking the Kings to beat them.  I just cant see it. Kings are underdogs on paper due to the records.  I think the Leafs could knock off Boston.  Winnipeg is favored over the Wild.  To me that is strange.  Ill take my chances with the Wild.  Nashville are the favorites.  Tampa in the East.  But they have had problems of late. Could be ripe. 

5 hours ago, Strider said:

Go Kings Go!!!

Love your av!  :)

That said, Stanley Caps!!!!  

hahahahahahaha  - I just have to say that every year when what I really mean is Choking Dogs.

9 hours ago, Remi said:

Being a fan of the Devils, I must say that it's going to be very difficult to pass Tampa Bay

If it's any consolation, the Devils won the season series this year 3-1 against them - so don't give up hope yet! 

This is one of the most wide-open years in a while - everyone's predictions show that.

4 hours ago, Strider said:

I told y'all not to pick the Kings. Their playoff privileges are about to expire. Rick, I hope you didn't put money on them?

Quick should be given a medal for his bravery; the Kings forwards should be given a kick in the butt - score some goals for your goaltender, will you? (Yes, Fleury has been great yet again, but still...)

On 4/10/2018 at 10:14 PM, ForEvermore said:

If it's any consolation, the Devils won the season series this year 3-1 against them - so don't give up hope yet! 

This is one of the most wide-open years in a while - everyone's predictions show that.

It' still strange seeing Boyle in a Devils jersey !

On 4/18/2018 at 9:49 PM, zepscoda said:

I'd love to see Tampa or Columbus vs Vegas . That opening ceremony in Vegas was pretty cool!

Columbus is not going to beat the Capitals.  The Capitals could come out of the East if they can play D like they did the other night. They put the clamps on Columbus.  The Sharks will test Vegas and I believe might beat them.  Winnipeg could win the Cup?  Great at home but need to show up on the road more

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Columbus is not going to beat the Capitals.  The Capitals could come out of the East if they can play D like they did the other night. They put the clamps on Columbus.  The Sharks will test Vegas and I believe might beat them.  Winnipeg could win the Cup?  Great at home but need to show up on the road more

We'll see... Columbus just tied it at 2, early in the game though. Mid way into the  2nd

I'm happy for Winipeg good to see them move forward. I don' think the'll be getting past Vegas.

Archived