Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
DanelectroGod

Bill Curbishley: Fired by Page, later let Plant go...

Again Mr Jones and Ip thank you for the information. I am always nervous in asking questions so thank you for your patience.

I’ve always thought the “great swan” of Led Zeppelin looked very elegant but little did I know the frantic paddling that was going on just under the surface. Okay I knew there were issues with Page and Plant and with Jonesy from the 80’s onwards but it is only since coming on this forum and following a lot of the threads that I now realise what a precarious ride it has been right from the very beginning and I’ve been following them since about 1975,  Chuffin’eck!

Heard Bill Curbishley interviewed on Bob Lefsetz’s podcast today.. According to BC, a friend of his recently ran into Page, who asked him to send his love to Curbishley, and added that he had come to realize how much good he did for him when he was his manager.  Just thought it as an interesting addition to the thread, Jimmy’s many manager switches are interesting/puzzling to me, and it really seems Curbishley did a great thing for him and the others regarding their publishing rights.

4 hours ago, mstork said:

Heard Bill Curbishley interviewed on Bob Lefsetz’s podcast today.. According to BC, a friend of his recently ran into Page, who asked him to send his love to Curbishley, and added that he had come to realize how much good he did for him when he was his manager.  Just thought it as an interesting addition to the thread, Jimmy’s many manager switches are interesting/puzzling to me, and it really seems Curbishley did a great thing for him and the others regarding their publishing rights.

Bill's wise advice and council saved Robert Plant's solo career.

Jimmy Page under self-management is...lacking.

2 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

+1

maybe JP will work again with Bill for a future special project needing assistance.

R😎

On 12/6/2019 at 3:37 AM, SteveAJones said:

BC also clearly ended on a bad note with Robert. The interview is a good listen, most of it regards The Who as he’s been with them a really long time, but the Page and Plant stories are interesting...