Greta Van Fleet

mesamay2003

12 hours ago, porgie66 said:

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them out. I like Tedeschi Trucks...they have soul and that's what a lot of bands miss, but Zep had in spades . 

I also forgot to mention Gary Clarke, Jr., whose band can play circles around GVF. His new album rocks.

7 hours ago, Strider said:

I also forgot to mention Gary Clarke, Jr., whose band can play circles around GVF. His new album rocks.

He's great live as I saw him at the Cap in Portchester NY last September. Even better as I talked with him for a few minutes after the show as he was hanging out by his bus afterwards. Very cool guy and down to earth. My brother and I were in the bar (Garcia's after the show. Named after Jerry). My brother left. I was walking back to the train station and I saw him by his bus with a few fans. Nice timing.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know the merch guy at Amoeba and we all had a good laugh over GVF's new shirt design. Truly one of the lamest shirt designs ever. You might as well write "Kick Me" on your forehead if you wear this shirt.

11810253_hi.jpeg.6d084546f80c150de4b816d3911d2f01.jpeg

On 5/1/2019 at 4:33 PM, Strider said:

I know the merch guy at Amoeba and we all had a good laugh over GVF's new shirt design. Truly one of the lamest shirt designs ever. You might as well write "Kick Me" on your forehead if you wear this shirt.

Nothing says rock and roll like earth tones.

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 5:33 AM, Strider said:

Somebody must have lost a bet. Good grief.

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 9:33 PM, Strider said:

We can all join hands, all join hands, we can all join hands  Duhn duhduh duhn duh duh.     

Edited by JTM

22 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Yes, neon green, red, orange, and blue are earth tones. If I looked outside and saw those colors I'd expect the end of reality.

Or the better part of a beautiful Florida sunset on earth ...boy you are a nitpicking m’fer - I’m sure that’s working out well for you. 😉 🤣🤣🤣

CDACEFAB-BDC7-4B82-BA94-C8621F400A8B.jpeg

CB0836BA-10DF-49A4-83B1-0BB4551789D4.jpeg

Edited by Walter

2 hours ago, Walter said:

Or the better part of a beautiful Florida sunset on earth ...boy you are a nitpicking m’fer - I’m sure that’s working out well for you. 😉 🤣🤣🤣

CDACEFAB-BDC7-4B82-BA94-C8621F400A8B.jpeg

CB0836BA-10DF-49A4-83B1-0BB4551789D4.jpeg

Quite a bit of difference in color tone, there genius. You should Google word definitions before making stupid remarks.

14 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Quite a bit of difference in color tone, there genius. You should Google word definitions before making stupid remarks.

Nice comeback douchebag. Your comment about earth tones “not being rock n roll” was idiotic and you were called on it.  But, like I said before, your attitude and incessant need to try to get the last word in, along with attempted put downs must be a real treat to be around in the real world.  I guess that’s why you appear to have so much time on your hands.

Back to the thread...GVF kicking off their spring U.S. Tour this week with many dates already sold out.  Looking forward to seeing them for the first time Friday night. 

Edited by Walter

My little cousin sent me an e-mail asking if I'd heard about them (since I introduced him to Zep, etc) and I wouldn't even respond. I shouldn't even be replying on here and giving more attention to something I wish would die out... I just keep expanding music from before I was born (60s, 70s) and it suits me well.

3 hours ago, Walter said:

Nice comeback douchebag. Your comment about earth tones “not being rock n roll” was idiotic and you were called on it.  But, like I said before, your attitude and incessant need to try to get the last word in, along with attempted put downs must be a real treat to be around in the real world.  I guess that’s why you appear to have so much time on your hands.

Back to the thread...GVF kicking off their spring U.S. Tour this week with many dates already sold out.  Looking forward to seeing them for the first time Friday night. 

I was called on it by you and you were wrong about what earth tones actually were. Then you actually posted a picture you took and compared it to the colors of the swan song logo. You're undoubtedly one of those out of touch people who probably gets on Facebook and replies seriously to people's sarcastic comments. 

And this was all because someone (several people actually) insulted a t-shirt by a band you like. You're all alone in this, bud. Go ahead and punch your computer, kick your dog, and get that last shot of juvenility in to avenge your butthurt. I won't respond. 

Edited by gibsonfan159

On 5/4/2019 at 2:55 PM, Walter said:

You will love the show. They are great live with so much energy. Seen them twice in 2018 and my third show will be in just a couple of weeks in NYC again at Forest Hills Stadium. A 10K venue from the last show I saw with 2,800 capacity. Quite the move up. But then again it was Terminal 5 in NYC with three sold out shows last November. GVF are quite big in the NYC region for sure. My first was just about a year ago to the day at Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, NJ. Great show and insane crowd that was so into the show. Very mixed age wise.

Many complain about Josh's screaming but here is an amazing vocal performance by him and not an easy one do to. Enjoy!  Closing in on 3 million views on YT with this song, so not too shabby! From 2017.

Edited by SuperDave

On 5/4/2019 at 2:55 PM, Walter said:

I saw them Tuesday in Miami and was considering driving up to Orlando to catch them again on Friday. They put on a great show! I loved it; Ida Mae wasn't bad either. 

On 2/25/2019 at 11:49 AM, Strider said:

Disagree with your comment about his band (they're fantastic but so is GVF) but I love Gary Clarke, Jr. He played a small venue near my house and I'm SORELY disappointed that I missed it. 

On 5/2/2019 at 2:55 PM, gibsonfan159 said:

Nothing says rock and roll like earth tones.

It is not so much the tone of the shirt that aroused our laughter but the Rainbow Pride Circle of Whatevers of the design itself. I mean, are those people or aliens...and what the hell are they wearing? It is so poorly drawn that it's hard to tell what meaning the band is trying to impart. Come all ye gay yoga enthusiasts, perhaps? Lock manbuns together and sing "Kumbaya"?

Edited by Strider