After 3/21/75. . Whats next??

Bozoso73

On 8/6/2017 at 10:20 PM, Nutrocker said:

Or the June 11 '77 SBD snippet. I wonder what the hell happened to the rest of that soundboard recording...

OH YEAH!! Now we are talking!!! What was the snippet NR???

On 8/8/2017 at 10:22 AM, Bonzo_fan said:

I have an idea for EV: rather than releasing new shows packaged with an "upgrade" of a previously released show, release two new ones, packaged together, but make it one great one and one not-so-great one.  For example, 3/12/75 & 1/29/75, or 6/22/77 & 4/6/77. 

That way, they would get the crappy shows off of their hands, and get more $ for them than they would if they released them on their own, and we get more great shows sooner.  If my numbers from yesterday were correct that they have 40 good/great shows left and 20 "meh" shows left, then halfway through we'd be done with having to buy a crap show with a great show and there'd only be great ones left.

Just a thought...

60 shows?? What?? How do you figure they have this many shows?? Explain if you will please:) 

On 8/7/2017 at 8:31 AM, Walter said:

Yes. With the full 7th show out there, the 11th must be somewhere as well.

7th show??

11 hours ago, Bozoso73 said:

60 shows?? What?? How do you figure they have this many shows?? Explain if you will please:) 

7th show??

That was assuming they have the soundboard for every '75 & '77 show.

8 hours ago, Bonzo_fan said:

That was assuming they have the soundboard for every '75 & '77 show.

They don't.  They have 3 or 4 remaining from '75 (6 or 7 if you include LA, which is a definite possibility), maybe 2 or 3 from '77.

1 hour ago, JohnOsbourne said:

They don't.  They have 3 or 4 remaining from '75 (6 or 7 if you include LA, which is a definite possibility), maybe 2 or 3 from '77.

BS. They have at least all of 1975 and 1977. Its not what EVSD has, its what the person supplying EVSD has. The point is, setting these old legendary recordings is not something you can object to. Liberating a recording of such quality as 3/21/75 soundboard is NOT a sin. Idc who you are, it benefits everybody.

1 hour ago, Dirty Work said:

BS. They have at least all of 1975 and 1977. Its not what EVSD has, its what the person supplying EVSD has. The point is, setting these old legendary recordings is not something you can object to. Liberating a recording of such quality as 3/21/75 soundboard is NOT a sin. Idc who you are, it benefits everybody.

Uhh, why would you think I would object to any Zep board being released?  How is that at all relevant, any way?  To the point at hand, there is simply no evidence that the source of these "revolution" boards (whether ESVD has already bought the entire stash or whether they're being fed one show at a time) has anything from Jan or early Feb '75, or anything outside of May '77 (apart from the 1st NYC show, which is early June).

1 hour ago, Dirty Work said:

Whats left? Potentially everything from late 1970-1971 to 1977. Anything later is anyones guess.

Is there anything later than '77 anyway?  The '80 tour has a ton of SB, Knebworth has an official release (essentially), so I guess you're referring to the Copenhagen '79 shows?

On 8/12/2017 at 9:51 PM, Bozoso73 said:

OH YEAH!! Now we are talking!!! What was the snippet NR???

The snippet with the killer version of "No Quarter", "Ten Years Gone" and "Battle Of Evermore". I'm guessing this is but one soundboard reel (tape?) that has gotten out- either the remainder of the show is being hoarded by somebody or simply lost to the sands of time. Too bad- as far as I'm concerned of all the 1977 soundboards the June 11 snippet constitutes the best show available, even if it's only three songs. That version of "No Quarter" alone is worth the price of admission!

10 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Uhh, why would you think I would object to any Zep board being released?  How is that at all relevant, any way?  To the point at hand, there is simply no evidence that the source of these "revolution" boards (whether ESVD has already bought the entire stash or whether they're being fed one show at a time) has anything from Jan or early Feb '75, or anything outside of May '77 (apart from the 1st NYC show, which is early June).

Just because one hasn't come out yet from outside of those time periods, doesn't necessarily mean that they don't have anything.  People probably thought that they didn't have anything before 2/12/75 until 2/10 Landover came out...

11 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Is there anything later than '77 anyway?  The '80 tour has a ton of SB, Knebworth has an official release (essentially), so I guess you're referring to the Copenhagen '79 shows?

I would assume those two Copenhagen shows would have soundboards as they were warm-up gigs and would likely play them back for reference. They would need to know what worked and what did not, what (who) needed improvement and what (who) was solid.

• 2 weeks later...

So does anybody really know what EV has?? Ive seen theyre collection is from a couple/few to they have the whole she-bang. . I want it all but what really is realistic?? And who could possibly be the source??

Archived