Best White Summers?

johnlennon696

2 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

Do you know which BBC sessions boot label gas this on it George? It's really good. Not heard it before 

It's on Empress Valleys Complete BBC Sessions, not sure of which other labels have released it. 

On 8/20/2017 at 9:38 AM, JTM said:

The one on the first album is more than enough, live it's a zzzzzzzfest imo I've never liked it.

I agree with this... I actually like that short performance on the studio album, it's very mesmerizing. But i do not like it live.. besides when it ended with Kashmir.

On 8/22/2017 at 7:25 AM, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

The reason WS/BMS remained in 80' was because of it's fantastic lead into a bombastic Kashmir. That really always worked well

Hmmm, the Vienna 80' version is the perfect length. All they needed was to have one of the stage hands lob cherry bombs at Jimmy when he hit the 5 minute mark. On the one hand it would have ended the song at the perfect length and on the other would have waken his ass up from his heroin haze.

6 hours ago, IpMan said:

Hmmm, the Vienna 80' version is the perfect length. All they needed was to have one of the stage hands lob cherry bombs at Jimmy when he hit the 5 minute mark. On the one hand it would have ended the song at the perfect length and on the other would have waken his ass up from his heroin haze.

:lol::lol::lol: 

It's funny 'cos it's true!

On 8/22/2017 at 10:25 AM, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

The reason WS/BMS remained in 80' was because of it's fantastic lead into a bombastic Kashmir. That really always worked well

The first '77 boot I got was Eddie on cassette, without any song titles included. I had now knowledge of the set list beforehand and when Kashmir unexpectedly exploded out of Black Mountain Side, my reaction was the same as the audience - a split second of confusion and then "YES!!!" That being said, I do think it could have been trimmed down... 

Archived